Windows 10: BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC

Discus and support BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just built a custom gaming PC, and am having constant BSOD issues as well. It started the same night I installed Windows 10. It seems to not happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HunterBrown1, Nov 24, 2019.

1. BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC

I just built a custom gaming PC, and am having constant BSOD issues as well. It started the same night I installed Windows 10. It seems to not happen in safe mode, so I'm suspecting a driver issue. I'd appreciate any help you can provide!

Here is the link to the system info and minidump files
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!App_kBw8UFg9jFXxPqyiBUupAeK9?e=Vquk4b

Hardware:
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
    MSI Geforce RTX 2070 Super Ventus GPU
    2x8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4
    MSI mpg x570 Gaming Plus motherboard
    Seasonic Gold Plus 1000W power supply

Thanks for any advice.

It seems like ntoskrnl.exe and ntfs.sys are the responsible drivers.

-Hunter

:)

HunterBrown1, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2019
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2019
  4. BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC

Windows 10 Retro Gaming Issues

Hello Jack,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, it seems that two games has two different problems which cannot be caused by a common issue. I would try to help you with the information to help you in this issue.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to reinstall the game RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN in compatible mode of Windows Vista 7 and check if the issue still persists.

With regards to the issue of admin privileges required for running the game DOOM 3, I suggest you to check if you are logged in to the computer using an Administrator account. If you are and still it continues to notify you, I suggest you to enable the built
    in Administrator Account and check with the results.

Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC

1. BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC - Similar Threads - BSOD issues home

2. Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.: Recieved the PC yesterday and had multiple Memory_Management and Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSODs. I'll attach the minidump files:https://upload.disroot.org/r/RxuLUh6V#fNjg127h7DXDUbbm/bJlsGgfyubc5wFzCeTlk1+Raoo=Thing I tried to resolve them but did not work:Reinstalled...
  3. Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.: Recieved the PC yesterday and had multiple Memory_Management and Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSODs. I'll attach the minidump files:https://upload.disroot.org/r/RxuLUh6V#fNjg127h7DXDUbbm/bJlsGgfyubc5wFzCeTlk1+Raoo=Thing I tried to resolve them but did not work:Reinstalled...
  4. BSOD Continues to Occur on Home Built PC, PLEASE HELP! :-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Continues to Occur on Home Built PC, PLEASE HELP! :-: https://file.io/K7hcW7Q9bXlu <-----Last 5 Minidump files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-continues-to-occur-on-home-built-pc-please/22b39d71-c3be-4b76-a74e-d48831c1702c
  5. Constant BSOD in newly built PC : Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD in newly built PC : Windows 10 home: Hey guys so I built a new PC and facing Constant BSOD : just today I got 9 BSOD here are the stop code of today. Kmode Exception Not Handled APC index mismatch DPC watchdog violation Driver IRQL not less or equal what failed: amdppm.sys please help me fix this : I...
  6. Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC

Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC: Hi, I have just built a new PC for my daughter and I am getting blue screen of death crashes on a fairly regular basis. This is the second PC I have built and my last PC built this time last year has never crashed so I think it is not a me as PC builder issue ;- Hardware...
  7. Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable.

Home Build locking, crashing, BSOD's. Built for gaming but unreliable.: My daughter built this machine for VR gaming. It's been unreliable. It may run 6 hours or 6 minutes before crashing to desktop, or BSOD, or hard lock requiring power down. I've been working with if over a week (quarantine, right?) now trying every trick I know up to replacing...
  8. Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC: Hi, I have recently purchased a pre built pc solely for gaming, specs are: Intel i7 9700k, Zotac RTX 2070 Extreme Core Edition, Teamgroup Vulcan 3000mhz 8GB RAM (x2), on a Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard. Using MSI Afterburner for GPU fan control, but not overclocking...
  9. Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues

Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues: My PC was only built about a week ago, and has many different BSODs throughout the week. I have managed to solve quite a few of them, and currently these are the ones that are still bugging me, mainly ntoskrnl.exe I have tried memtest and windows memory diagnostic tool...
  10. Constant BSOD on home built Windows 10 PC

Constant BSOD on home built Windows 10 PC: Hello! For some time now, I have been having BSOD issues that have recently been occurring about once every hour and become unbearable. I have tried to do some research on the minidumps, but honestly, I have no idea what could be the root of the problem as I can't find a...