Windows 10: BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

Discus and support BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision 7550 that I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and I'm getting a BSOD with a stop code of INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP.When running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Schroeder bschroeder, Jan 17, 2022.

1. BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

I have a Dell Precision 7550 that I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and I'm getting a BSOD with a stop code of INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP.When running setupdiag.exe after Windows 10 is rolled back and operational I get a result that is this:Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found. Last Phase = Pre OOBE Boot Last Operation = Start system services for online actions Error = 0xC1900101-0x40021 LogEntry: Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information. Last Setup Phase: Phase Name: Pre OOBE Boot Phase Started: 1/17/2022 3:54:57

:)

Ben Schroeder bschroeder, Jan 17, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

1. BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP upgrading

2. BSOD INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10: When I attempted to upgrade to Windows 11 from inside Windows 10 working nominally using Windows11InstallationAssistant, it proceeded to the reboot, at around 8%, switched to BSOD with error code INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP, and then initialized a rollback to Windows 10. I did a...
  3. BSOD INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10: When I attempted to upgrade to Windows 11 from inside Windows 10 working nominally using Windows11InstallationAssistant, it proceeded to the reboot, at around 8%, switched to BSOD with error code INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP, and then initialized a rollback to Windows 10. I did a...
  4. BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP when upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11: I have a Dell Precision 7550 that I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and I'm getting a BSOD with a stop code of INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP.When running setupdiag.exe after Windows 10 is rolled back and operational I get a result that is this:Error: SetupDiag reports rollback...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 - BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 11 - BSOD: While upgrading to Windows 11, PC reboots twice and stops at 48% installing and then BSOD appears with code "INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP". After debugging in WinDBG I get the following:Please help me resolve this....
  6. BSOD when upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when upgrading to windows 11: Hello, I am trying to upgrade my windows 10 machine to windows 11 through Windows update as the upgrade is now offered to my machine. But everytime I do it downloads the update and starts to install but everytime somewhere along the process it always blue screens out with...
  7. BSOD when upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when upgrading to windows 11: Hello, I am trying to upgrade my windows 10 machine to windows 11 through Windows update as the upgrade is now offered to my machine. But everytime I do it downloads the update and starts to install but everytime somewhere along the process it always blue screens out with...
  8. BSOD when upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. When upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11: When you upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, if you create a restore point on Windows 10 does that restore point get saved to Windows 11? Could you use the restore point you created in Windows 10 to restore Windows 10 from Windows 11?...
  10. BSOD When Perform Windows 10 Upgrading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Perform Windows 10 Upgrading: Dear All, I have just installed WinDbg and would need some advice from my dump file (setupmem.dmp). I am trying to upgrade my OS 10 1803 to 1903 and BSOD appeared. The dump file pointed to WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT, but I have difficulties identify which driver causing the fault....