Windows 10: BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 239

Discus and support BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 239 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Had a few months back quite a bit of BSOD's while multitasking (watching videos while gaming), or when my main monitor's power brick died... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeLedg, Mar 7, 2020.

1. LeLedg Win User

BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 239

Hi everyone,

Had a few months back quite a bit of BSOD's while multitasking (watching videos while gaming), or when my main monitor's power brick died and had to rely on my second monitor until the replacement unit arrived. Had an open forum thread which I closed today. Basically I back then I was recommended to memtest my RAM, which I did on both XMP profiles, and then without XMP. All tests passed. Vid card is not OC'd, as well as CPU. All stock. Only thing "OC'd" currently is the RAM via XMP. Tonight I was just playing Escape From Tarkov while doing nothing else on my second monitor, only had a browser open to a map of the area I was playing in, and I got a new BSOD. I'm not too sure what's the cause. Here's the diagnostic files!

I'm on Win 10 Pro ver. 1909 (18363.693 build)

Many thanks!

:)

LeLedg, Mar 7, 2020

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 7, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 10

Hi LeLedg,

Welcome to 10Forums.

This will explain the lack of dumps.

BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 239 [​IMG]

There do not seem to be any other records about any crashes. For now, we have to wait until another crash occurs hoping it will save a dump file.

If you want to do something meanwhile, I would suggest to temporarily revert the overclock. Even though you have stress-tested the overclock to ensure stability, there's no way those tests guarantee stability in every possible situation.
    Whenever we suspect a hardware issue with the GPU or CPU, for example, we suggest the same (or similar) tests to test the stability but we are aware of the limits of those tests. To be sure the overclock is not causing any problems, regardless of the tests it's been put through, I suggest reverting the overclock while troubleshooting.

axe0, Mar 7, 2020
  4. BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 239

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for replying with the required information.

What is the make and model of your PC?

As you have mentioned that the system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive,
    this scenario usually indicates a problem with the hardware. To help isolate the problem, I suggest you to refer the section
    Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang)
    from the following article on Windows Kernel event
    ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and follow the steps mentioned in the section to isolate the cause of the issue.

If you see that the computer generates a Stop error that contains a BugcheckCode value that is not reported in an event ID 41, change the restart behavior for the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

Right-click My Computer, and then click
    Properties.

Click Advanced system settings.

Click the Advanced tab.

In the Startup and Recovery
    section, click Settings.

Click to clear the Automatically restart
    check box.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Perform clean boot.

Check if any third party application is causing this issue. Refer the article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for steps to perform clean boot.

Note:
    A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Method 2: Adjust PC to best performance.

To do that,

In the search box on the taskbar, type
    performance
    , then select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

On the Visual Effects tab, select
    Adjust for best performance > Apply.

Restart your PC and see if that speeds up your PC.

Method 3: Check your hard disk for errors.

To do that,

1. Double click on This PC icon.
    2. Right-click the hard disk drive that may be damaged.
    3. Click Properties, and then click the Tools tab.
    4. Click on the Check option.
    5. Now click on the Scan Drive option.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 239

1. BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 239 - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel Power

2. BSOD Kernel-Power 4163, BugcheckCode 239

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Kernel-Power 4163, BugcheckCode 239: Hi everyone, Had a few months back quite a bit of BSOD's while multitasking watching videos while gaming this game doesn't take up a lot of my PC's resources. And if i only play i usually doesn't have this problem. It happens that these errors do not appear for a long time,...
  3. BSOD Kernel-Power 4163, BugcheckCode 239

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Kernel-Power 4163, BugcheckCode 239: Hi everyone, Had a few months back quite a bit of BSOD's while multitasking watching videos while gaming this game doesn't take up a lot of my PC's resources. And if i only play i usually doesn't have this problem. It happens that these errors do not appear for a long time,...
  4. BSOD Kernel-Power 41 task 63 BugcheckCode 239 / 0x000000EF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Kernel-Power 41 task 63 BugcheckCode 239 / 0x000000EF: Hi recently had bsod.could you check my dump pls.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0c6RHX5Jy8mTKi6YOCx_AEoob8?e=YuX5mK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kernel-power-41-task-63-bugcheckcode-239/6caa8a2a-7966-40b4-ba0b-f9ad042495de
  5. BSOD Kernel-Power 41 task 63 BugcheckCode 239 / 0x000000EF

BSOD Kernel-Power 41 task 63 BugcheckCode 239 / 0x000000EF: Hi recently had bsod.could you check my dump pls.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0c6RHX5Jy8mTKi6YOCx_AEoob8?e=YuX5mK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kernel-power-41-task-63-bugcheckcode-239/6caa8a2a-7966-40b4-ba0b-f9ad042495de
  6. BSOD Kernel-Power 41 task 63 BugcheckCode 239 / 0x000000EF

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD Kernel-Power 4163 BugcheckCode 239

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Kernel-Power 4163 BugcheckCode 239: About 2 weeks ago my PC started to BSOD randomly, sometimes while I was playing a game P.S. this game doesn't take up a lot of my PC's resources, but sometimes I wasn't doing anything, the longest time I didn't shut down my PC, it didn't BSOD for about a week, but after a...
  8. BSOD Kernel-Power 4163 BugcheckCode 239

BSOD Kernel-Power 4163 BugcheckCode 239: About 2 weeks ago my PC started to BSOD randomly, sometimes while I was playing a game P.S. this game doesn't take up a lot of my PC's resources, but sometimes I wasn't doing anything, the longest time I didn't shut down my PC, it didn't BSOD for about a week, but after a...
  9. BSOD Kernel-Power Event 41 BugcheckCode 292

BSOD Kernel-Power Event 41 BugcheckCode 292: Hi, I have been getting BSOD errors for the last 2 weeks and they have started getting more frequent by the day. 14 in the last 4 days. I have a laptop which I have started using with an external monitor, keyboard and a mouse Without issues for more than 2 months now. The...
  10. Critical error Kernel-power 41 (63) bugcheckcode 239 in hex(0x000000EF)

Critical error Kernel-power 41 (63) bugcheckcode 239 in hex(0x000000EF): Just as it says for some reason my windows just crashes and goes into blue screen after hard reset the pc fails to do anything after it loads windows it fails to open programs and needs to be restarted again. I checked all over the internet for this problem and i cant even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BugcheckCode 239

2. bugcheck code 239

3. bugcheck code 239 windows 10

4. bugcheck 239,
  5. BugcheckCode 239