Windows 10: BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

Discus and support BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660. On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Sep 30, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660.

On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8 GB sticks, these ones to be specific:
    DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM
    And I removed the old 2 GB sticks.

When I put either of the RAM chips into both of the laptops, I get a BSOD saying "Kernel Security Check Failure" 3 seconds after seeing the Windows logo.
    Interchanging the RAM chips causes the same issue on both laptops.

I have an All-In-One PC which has the same RAM type, so I put them in those to check if they were working, and both RAMs were working fine and Windows 10 booted up normally.

In the BIOS, I can see installed RAM as 8 GB but Windows keeps crashing when trying to boot. I even decided to reinstall Windows using the latest ISO but when I USB boot, I get the same BSOD right after the Windows logo.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something? Did I buy the wrong chip?

:)

lolcocks, Sep 30, 2019

2. BSOD Kernel security check failure

Attachment 29243

Recieving the BSOD once a day, at least. My drivers are up to date so far as I know and I've tried various methods of troubleshooting including the steps outlined here:

What does the Kernel Security Check Failure Blue Screen error mean?

Hoping you guys may have some insight...

Degenerateslob, Sep 30, 2019
  3. gkhokie Win User
    Kernel security check failure after ram upgrade

I just experienced the same problem with a Sony Vaio running Win10. I replaced the 4Gb of RAM with 8Gb of RAM. The RAM is matched to the MB. On boot Windows starts initially and then defaults to error screen with Kernel Security Check Failure. Setup correctly
    identifies the 8Gb of RAM. This must be a Microsoft security feature to prevent motherboard upgrades. Any suggestions short of re-installing Windows?

I replaced my Win10 hard drive with my old Win7 hard drive and everything boots up successfully. This would confirm that the problem is with Windows 10 and not the new RAM.

gkhokie, Sep 30, 2019
  4. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

BSOD - Kernel Security Check Failure

Hi Ashton,

There's a lot of reason for booting in to a BSOD, like problems with the driver for your display adapter or the
    video output is being sent to an unexpected port. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE error is usually caused by Memory or Driver incompatibility issues or corruption of system data.
    In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

1. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel Security

2. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: I have been getting multiple BSODs with different error codes however Kernel Security Check Failure is the most common one it all started after playing a game and my pc would just turn off randomly so i updated my gpu drivers then shortly after that i then started to get the...
  3. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1shdaI70dQ45G3LinLdR4W9YuhHRFt7Ur?usp=sharingRecently I got a few BSOD that I didn't know what caused those errors, could you please check these BSOD reports and tell me what caused the error and how I fix them?The most recent is the...
  4. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  5. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  6. BSOD kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD kernel security check failure: hii am getting bsod these days, and i didnt get a chance to take a picture of the bsod. however i saw a kernel security check failure below.i went to event viewer to have a look and this is what i got:please kindly help with providing a solution. thanks....
  7. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help! Been having BSOD recurring frequently. I have the analyzed minidump file from the crashes today. It is a Kernel Security Check Failure. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially...
  8. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please analyze this for me thank you https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amnc9jXg-jkcasMHT45_Cw-OH5c?e=eGrOCn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kernel-security-check-failure/cce9b940-dff4-404a-b152-0387385d191d
  9. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop: I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660. On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8 GB sticks, these ones to be specific: DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM And I removed the old 2 GB sticks. When I put either of the RAM...
  10. Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure": Hello everyone! I've exhausted all of my options and am turning to the knowledgeable people here for some help. Lately, I've noticed a severe dip in performance on my brand new LENOVO Y 50-70. I've also been experiencing BSODs with the same error each time. There's no true...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernal security check fail after ram upgrade

2. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM