Windows 10: BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

Discus and support BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660. On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Sep 30, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660.

On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8 GB sticks, these ones to be specific:
    DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM
    And I removed the old 2 GB sticks.

When I put either of the RAM chips into both of the laptops, I get a BSOD saying "Kernel Security Check Failure" 3 seconds after seeing the Windows logo.
    Interchanging the RAM chips causes the same issue on both laptops.

I have an All-In-One PC which has the same RAM type, so I put them in those to check if they were working, and both RAMs were working fine and Windows 10 booted up normally.

In the BIOS, I can see installed RAM as 8 GB but Windows keeps crashing when trying to boot. I even decided to reinstall Windows using the latest ISO but when I USB boot, I get the same BSOD right after the Windows logo.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something? Did I buy the wrong chip?

:)

lolcocks, Sep 30, 2019

2. BSOD Kernel security check failure

Attachment 29243

Recieving the BSOD once a day, at least. My drivers are up to date so far as I know and I've tried various methods of troubleshooting including the steps outlined here:

What does the Kernel Security Check Failure Blue Screen error mean?

Hoping you guys may have some insight...

Degenerateslob, Sep 30, 2019
  3. gkhokie Win User
    Kernel security check failure after ram upgrade

I just experienced the same problem with a Sony Vaio running Win10. I replaced the 4Gb of RAM with 8Gb of RAM. The RAM is matched to the MB. On boot Windows starts initially and then defaults to error screen with Kernel Security Check Failure. Setup correctly
    identifies the 8Gb of RAM. This must be a Microsoft security feature to prevent motherboard upgrades. Any suggestions short of re-installing Windows?

I replaced my Win10 hard drive with my old Win7 hard drive and everything boots up successfully. This would confirm that the problem is with Windows 10 and not the new RAM.

gkhokie, Sep 30, 2019
  4. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

BSOD - Kernel Security Check Failure

Hi Ashton,

There's a lot of reason for booting in to a BSOD, like problems with the driver for your display adapter or the
    video output is being sent to an unexpected port. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE error is usually caused by Memory or Driver incompatibility issues or corruption of system data.
    In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

1. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel Security

2. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop: I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660. On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8 GB sticks, these ones to be specific: DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM And I removed the old 2 GB sticks. When I put either of the RAM...
  3. Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD

Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD: Have a computer that used to run Windows 7 absolutely fine, then upgrade to Windows 10 and changed my hardware that should meet the requirements. Then started to regularly get the Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD. I have updated drivers and verified them and done all that I...
  4. Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD

Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD: My computer will randomly crash with the "Kernel security check failure error" and I have run driver reviver that scans for outdated drivers.I then used this information to manually install some missing pci drivers however i'm still getting the error. What is causing the...
  5. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Been getting this ever since the last update or so. I even reinstalled Windows fresh, and it's still happening. From what I can tell it doesn't happen in safe mode or clean boot. I tried to run the driver verifier, though on reboot, nothing happened. Not sure if it did...
  6. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Good morning everyone, I have been getting the been getting the above error for the last week. Could someone please help me out? I have followed the instructions and have a debug file: Attachment 55265 Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas! 35063
  7. BSOD with kernel security check failure

BSOD with kernel security check failure: So Windows 10 updated recently, and since then I've been getting this BSOD randomly. I've checked all my drivers, ran a memtest, did a system file check, disk check, etc, and so far the only odd thing was that some system files were corrupted and could not be restored,...
  8. BSOD "Kernel security check failure"

BSOD "Kernel security check failure": Hello, I've had a BSOD with the error "Kernel Security Check failure" this morning. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened ever since I upgraded to windows 10. How do I fix this please? Attachment 44654 27667
  9. BSOD kernel security check failure

BSOD kernel security check failure: I've had my PC for around four months and about two weeks ago I've started getting kernel security check failure blue screens. It's impossible to do school work. Updated and checked every driver using driver verifier and tested my memory with memtest86. Updated BIOS and even...
  10. Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD

Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD: Hi guys, Whenever I'm watching movie or web browsing, my window just crashed and showing me Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. I have no idea what is going on and really need help on that. I can open files like normal, typing in Microsoft Word etc. Just only web browsing and...