Windows 10: BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc

Discus and support BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First and foremost, hey guys, what's up. I can't seem to resolve this issue, I hope you guys can help me. Thanks. I recently installed the A10-7890k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lou1418, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Lou1418 Win User

BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc

First and foremost, hey guys, what's up. I can't seem to resolve this issue, I hope you guys can help me. Thanks. I recently installed the A10-7890k apu in my desktop, (I previously had a4 6300 apu in there), and ever since then I keep getting these bsods while I'm idling or doing simple tasks. (doesn't seem to ever crash while I'm playing overwatch) I tried a clean install of the the display drivers, i even tried a fresh windows install twice, and nothing. I did a sfc /scannow, i used the windows memory diagnostics tool, nothing. The memory tests says everything is fine. Anyways, attached is the dump file. Again, thanks guys.

Motherboard: Gygabyte F2A55M- S1
    CPU: AMD A10-7890k
    RAM: A - DATA XPG v1.0 4gb ddr3-1600 x2
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Raidmax Cobra 400W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

edit: I also get APC_index_mismatch

:)

Lou1418, Jul 25, 2016
  2. ZelixOG Win User

IRQL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hey all. I'm just gonna keep this quick and to the point. I keep getting kernel related BSODS. The most recent one was an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Other times I get Kernel security check failure. I just really would like to solve this problem once and for
    all.
    Here
    is the link to the latest mini dump from the crash.

ZelixOG, Jul 25, 2016
  3. BSOD on Windows 10

Ever since I upgraded my hardware (CPU AND GPU) i've been getting BSOD's like

Kernel Security Failure

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I will post a link to my minidumps here:

minidumps.rar

What I have done:

Memcheck (no errors)

Driver Verifier (got a bsod which was aswvmm.sys)

Update hardware

Check components using my HP component tester and turned fine.

Eason LeeXB, Jul 25, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty.
    You may need to use the DM Log Collector again to create a new zip and upload it.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc [​IMG]

BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc [​IMG]

5. Lou1418 Win User
    Cool, I updated my specs and re-uploaded the dump. Let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks.

Lou1418, Jul 26, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    There are a lot of TDR Windows Error Reports and many 0x139 which are caused by the AMD display drivers.
    Other crashes do also show problems with the AMD drivers, I would recommend to remove all AMD software and follow below suggestion for clean installing the AMD display drivers.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 92236
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm atikmdag Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`4e340000 fffff801`4fcdf000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Mar 21 15:19:43 2016 (56F002FF) CheckSum: 0192D3CB ImageSize: 0199F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. Lou1418 Win User
    Hmm, I've done many clean AMD driver installs using DDU, but I missed doing the Nvidia drivers. Let me try that.

Lou1418, Jul 26, 2016
  8. Lou1418 Win User

I've done the amd clean driver install many times. same problem. I wonder if maybe i need to rollback to a more stable version?

Lou1418, Jul 26, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. Lou1418 Win User
    Yeah I figured lol. but still, I have done this many times, and I still get the bsod. is it possible that maybe I need to rollback to a more stable version?

Lou1418, Jul 26, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    I believe you had AMD software installed like AMD Overdrive?

12. Lou1418 Win User
    Yeah I do now. I've done it without overdrive before.

Lou1418, Jul 26, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Could you please try installing the drivers as I posted, thus without (literally) any software installed at the end of installing *Smile

14. Lou1418 Win User
    I removed all the drivers, and shortly after while browsing with no driver, I got a Kernel_security_check_failure. I installed the driver ( with no other software) the only problem with this is that I can't set my display resolution to 1080 for some reason, that's why i had the catalyst manager for, it was the only way to get it to 1080. This is strange lol.

Lou1418, Jul 27, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please install only the display drivers as requested.

Thema:

1. BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc - Similar Threads - BSOD kernel security

2. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: I have been getting multiple BSODs with different error codes however Kernel Security Check Failure is the most common one it all started after playing a game and my pc would just turn off randomly so i updated my gpu drivers then shortly after that i then started to get the...
  3. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1shdaI70dQ45G3LinLdR4W9YuhHRFt7Ur?usp=sharingRecently I got a few BSOD that I didn't know what caused those errors, could you please check these BSOD reports and tell me what caused the error and how I fix them?The most recent is the...
  4. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  5. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  6. BSOD kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD kernel security check failure: hii am getting bsod these days, and i didnt get a chance to take a picture of the bsod. however i saw a kernel security check failure below.i went to event viewer to have a look and this is what i got:please kindly help with providing a solution. thanks....
  7. BSOD kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD kernel security check failure: hii am getting bsod these days, and i didnt get a chance to take a picture of the bsod. however i saw a kernel security check failure below.i went to event viewer to have a look and this is what i got:please kindly help with providing a solution. thanks....
  8. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help! Been having BSOD recurring frequently. I have the analyzed minidump file from the crashes today. It is a Kernel Security Check Failure. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially...
  9. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please analyze this for me thank you https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amnc9jXg-jkcasMHT45_Cw-OH5c?e=eGrOCn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kernel-security-check-failure/cce9b940-dff4-404a-b152-0387385d191d
  10. Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure": Hello everyone! I've exhausted all of my options and am turning to the knowledgeable people here for some help. Lately, I've noticed a severe dip in performance on my brand new LENOVO Y 50-70. I've also been experiencing BSODs with the same error each time. There's no true...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security failure driver not less than or equal