Windows 10: BSoD kernel trap

Discus and support BSoD kernel trap in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime i insert a usb in my pc i get a kernel trap error. ive had this problem before but fixed it by updating my drivers but im on the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Doof666, Nov 8, 2019.

1. BSoD kernel trap

Everytime i insert a usb in my pc i get a kernel trap error. ive had this problem before but fixed it by updating my drivers but im on the latest update of all of my components right now and it still happens. please help

submitted by /u/Doof666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Doof666, Nov 8, 2019

2. unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Do you get the error message/BSOD only when you uninstall, reinstall, etc third party app?

The error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. This trap could be a
    bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).

To know the exact cause of the BSOD, I suggest that you provide the Dump files that were produced when the error occurred, or the Event ID from your Event Viewer which was recorded during the time of the crash.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 8, 2019
  3. IvanWong5 Win User
    [Windows 10 BSOD] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD always appears when I try to update Windows 10 or reset the PC.

I've tried many solutions, such as:

-Disconnecting external devices

-Booting in safe mode

-Memory diagnostic

-chkdsk

none of which worked. Any suggestions to this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

IvanWong5, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Starfola Win User

BSoD kernel trap

How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

1st

Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

2nd

Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

What failed: N/A

Starfola, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

BSoD kernel trap

1. BSoD kernel trap - Similar Threads - BSoD kernel trap

2. BSOD kernel trap and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD kernel trap and wdf01000.sys: I tried to upgrade my ram to 32 with 2 new sticks and since then, even after removing the new sticks my pc won't stop getting BSOD, it stopped for a while when the ram was at 3333hz tried to get it back at 3600hz and the BSOD came back and this time even after I lowered it...
  3. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hi all,I have a Windows 10 Intel Gaming Inspiron 15 that has recently been blue screening with the error Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap. I have not installed any new hardware recently, I have updated Windows and all drivers from OEM and/or developer websites to their latest...
  4. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  5. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  6. BSOD unexpected kernel trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD unexpected kernel trap: So I’ve only ever gotten blue screens with two programs the first being Apex Legends which I resolved the 2nd being For Honor which I have yet to still resolve. The blue screen was happening on startup but it stopped doing that but now it happens every time I alt tab from the...
  7. BSOD unexpected kernel trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD unexpected kernel trap: So I’ve only ever gotten blue screens with two programs the first being Apex Legends which I resolved the 2nd being For Honor which I have yet to still resolve. The blue screen was happening on startup but it stopped doing that but now it happens every time I alt tab from the...
  8. BSOD unexpected kernel trap

9. Help BSOD Kernel trap mode

Help BSOD Kernel trap mode: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AomLSbNcRsxg8H3nAlbignYdET_3?e=Dvfzh7 https://1drv.ms/t/s!AomLSbNcRsxg8H6LCKqlbArxXasK?e=TrREnO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-bsod-kernel-trap-mode/2ace3c8a-73fe-4bb4-98e9-17b0f4921c85
  10. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD: Hello, I've been having an issue where I get a BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap while playing the Halo Master Chief Collection for PC. From what I understand this issue is caused by out of date drivers. I have run windows update to make sure I have my most recent drivers...