Windows 10: BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on wake from sleep

Discus and support BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on wake from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's happened twice in the last few days. I verified that I have all the latest Windows Updates & drivers. Ran SFC and it came up clean. I've attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yoshm, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Yoshm Win User

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on wake from sleep

It's happened twice in the last few days. I verified that I have all the latest Windows Updates & drivers. Ran SFC and it came up clean. I've attached the info zip as requested. Will be glad to get any guidance on how to resolve it.

Thanks,
    Yosh

:)

Yoshm, Nov 25, 2017
  2. uyt.95 Win User

BSOD: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when waking up from sleep

I currently have the first link installed, the second link is newer, should I install that one?

I will try to run the tests you suggested.

uyt.95, Nov 25, 2017
  3. BSOD: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when waking up from sleep

Also try to set the power option to High Performance Mode if not.

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on wake from sleep [​IMG]

IT Guy Viki, Nov 25, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Remove either of the memory brands.

5. Yoshm Win User
    OK, I gather you believe the problem comes from some incompatibility between the Kingston RAM and the G.Skill RAM. I will try to act on your suggestion soon.

In the meanwhile, I have run a memory diagnostic (MemTest86 v4.20) and after completing almost 5 passes it came up completely clean. Also, I should mention that I've had those two brands of memory in my computer for about 4 years. But this series of blue screens started happening only recently. Other BSODs were related to disk - you helped me nail that one, too, as I recall. Thanks again! Also I've replaced my motherboard in the interim. But I've always had those two brands of memory sticks. Was there something specific you saw that pointed at the memory?

In any case, I'll try swapping in some Kingston memory I have on my shelf in place of the G.Skill. I'll run some diagnostics to make sure the ones I have on my shelf are good (I'm pretty sure they are). And we'll see if the BSODs stop.

Thanks a lot,
    yosh

Yoshm, Nov 27, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    A few things, run the updated version of memtest and run at least 8 passes.

Hardware becomes faulty over time, within 4 years RAM can easily become faulty.

The main reason why I address the mixed memory is past experience, it has occured multiple times that mixed memory was a/the cause of BSODs of which 1 was very difficult to troubleshoot where mixed memory was the cause.

Please make sure that it's a kit, else it is still mixed memory.

7. Yoshm Win User
    I see. What I have on my shelf is Kingston memory from Dell, same as what is in the Dell computer. It's about the same vintage, but I didn't get it at the same time as a single kit. You're saying it's still possibly incompatible with each other?
    I do need the full complement of memory. Is the only "guaranteed" solution to buy a full 16mb kit afresh?
    Which RAM diagnostic do you recommend I run?
    thanks,
    yosh

Yoshm, Nov 27, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Yes.

Unfortunately, it's not guaranteed. It's only a suggestion that needs to be tested.

Memtest86+ v5.01 is the diagnostic test I recommend.

9. Yoshm Win User
    OK, here's an update. I replaced the GSKILL memory with the spare set. It turns out that I was wrong. That is Micron memory, not Kingston. But I left it in to see what happens.

First thing I did was to run the memtest you recommended. Stopped it on the 13th pass - no errors.

Resumed my regular work. I've had a few BSODs since then. It always happens on Wake from sleep. So I decided to try hibernating instead of sleeping. The first few times it resumed with no problems. Today a resume from hibernate gave me again the exact same blue screen error.

So, just now I took out the Micron memory and I am down to 8GB. I will see what happens in the next several days and report back. If I continue to have blue screens, I presume we can consider the mismatched memory issue to not be the cause, since there is no longer mismatched memory, but only the 8GB of Kingston memory.

Thanks,
    Yosh

Yoshm, Dec 10, 2017
  10. Yoshm Win User
    Hi again,

OK, so for the two weeks following this change I did not have a single BSOD. So despite my initial skepticism it seems that you may have had something there.

So I went ahead and ordered a 16gb kit and put it in. So far it has also not had any BSODs. I will post back in a couple of weeks to let you know if the BSOD recurs or not.

Thank you very much. I would not have suspected the memory. FYI it did pass over a dozen test passes (with the memory from two manufacturers) . But the only thing that stopped the BSOD was following your suggestion and removing one set.

Thanks,
    Yosh

Yoshm, Jan 6, 2018
  11. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome.

I know someone who has been through a lot of drama, every test came clean and it turned out to be bad RAM even though the RAM passed several tests for a very long time (i.e., MemTest86+ 50+ passes = several days).

Thema:

1. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on wake from sleep - Similar Threads - BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE wake

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  5. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  6. BSOD when waking up from sleep, KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

BSOD when waking up from sleep, KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE: Most of the time when I wake up from sleep I get a BSOD with the error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I do not know what is causing this problem. I have a few things plugged into my computer via USB. 70709
  7. BSOD on wake up from sleep

BSOD on wake up from sleep: After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault. How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where? 87589
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  10. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure after wake