Windows 10: BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when ejecting hard drives from dock

Discus and support BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when ejecting hard drives from dock in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm at my wit's end on this one, have been trying to solve for months. I have a lot of data stored on internal SATA hard drives that I use a USB 3.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by snowpeck, Jul 28, 2018.

1. snowpeck Win User

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when ejecting hard drives from dock

I'm at my wit's end on this one, have been trying to solve for months. I have a lot of data stored on internal SATA hard drives that I use a USB 3.0 dock to access. Whenever I properly eject a drive from the dock (using the remove USB device function in Windows) or just straight up pull it out, I get a BSOD. Sometimes it will eject, but mostly it returns a BSOD.

I've analyzed log files using any program I can, and mostly they just say the error was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and list the offending module as ntsokrnl.exe, but since I uninstalled my antivirus program (to see if there was some conflict with it), it's been returning DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors and listing hal.dll in addition to ntoskrnl.exe.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. System File Checker only fixed a broken shortcut to OneDrive in my start menu.

I'm using a Lenovo AMD desktop with the latest build of Windows 10.

Anyway, my zip file is attached which contains the latest minidump, hopefully someone has some sort of advice.

MBSTATION1-Fri_07_27_2018_231211_14.zip

:)

snowpeck, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Techtu Win User

[UK] Sata Hard Drive Docking Station £9.99

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when ejecting hard drives from dock P200-0149269-01.jpg

USB 2.0 Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5" & 3.5" SATA Hard Drives

Spoiler Docking Station SATA to USB 2.5 inch 3.5 inch SATA to USB

Allows you to quickly read SATA hard drives without installing them
    Hot swap USB docking bay for all SATA hard drives
    Supports both 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drives
    Far easier to use than a USB enclosure
    Quick release eject button
    USB 2.0 transfer rate upto 480Mbps
    Any size drive
    Source - Ebuyer

Techtu, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    USB Hard drive in dock

Hi Rich,

The error "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" happens if Windows detects an incompatible driver for your device. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have
    a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened, or is this the first time you connected this hard drive to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest rolling back or updating the driver for your hard drive by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Find your hard drive under Disk drives.
    • Double-click your hard drive to open the Properties window.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Roll back driver if it's available.
    • Click OK.
    • If rolling back the driver isn't an option, download the newest driver from the hard drive's manufacturer's website and install it.
    • If the issue still persists, click Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer so that Windows can automatically reinstall the hard drive driver.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 28, 2018
  4. bha19 Win User

Hard drive dock

I have a hard drive dock and just got a new computer. What will happen if I try to put my old hard drive in to the usb hard drive dock? will it be usable or do I need to format it first?

bha19, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when ejecting hard drives from dock - Similar Threads - BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE ejecting

2. Unable to eject usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to eject usb hard drive: When trying to eject usb mass storage device it is showing that it is in use by other applications. But after disconnected from internet hard drive easily can be ejected. Is there any web related serious issue ?like Ransomware or anything?I have quickheal antivirus...
  3. hard drive not ejecting.

hard drive not ejecting.: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume3\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2008.9-0\MsMpEng.exe with process id 4592 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_1058&PID_25A2\57583831414336394B4A5659. how do i force eject, concidering how useless...
  4. Problems ejecting a portable hard drive.

Problems ejecting a portable hard drive.: i have a solution for the problem with ejecting external hard drives this has worked for me on my windows 10 computer. when typing use lower case letters and leave out the brackets . i have use capital letters in parts so it is easier for all people to understand. i will...
  5. Can not eject external hard drive!

Can not eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...
  6. Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....

Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....: Is it safe to keep hard drives and flash drives connected all the time (Windows 10), even when shutting down everyday ... ? Or should I use the Eject feature to be safe ... ? 128834
  7. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds: Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with no success. I've attempted to manually update drivers, this appears to make no difference. The BSOD has been happening when...
  8. Hard drive dock

Hard drive dock: I have a hard drive dock and just got a new computer. What will happen if I try to put my old hard drive in to the usb hard drive dock? will it be usable or do I need to format it first? 41127
  9. BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app

BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app: Lately i have been receiving BSOD kernel security check failure EVERYtime i lauch Corel video Studio x8 pro on my laptop. I have been using it for a while and it has never crashed on me when i used windows 8. On windows 10 it worked for a while but few days back it just...
  10. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on wake from sleep

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on wake from sleep: It's happened twice in the last few days. I verified that I have all the latest Windows Updates & drivers. Ran SFC and it came up clean. I've attached the info zip as requested. Will be glad to get any guidance on how to resolve it. Thanks, Yosh 98955