Windows 10: Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors

Discus and support Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, I first got a kmode_exeption_not_handled error on Windows 10 most recent version. I reset my PC and then it ran fine for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HernandezC6152, May 11, 2020.

1. Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors

As the title says, I first got a kmode_exeption_not_handled error on Windows 10 most recent version. I reset my PC and then it ran fine for a few minutes. Then it would get the kmode error again. I tried updating my network drivers, one of which was a Realtek Gaming gbe Family Controller. I had no clue how to update it, so I just installed the Win10 Auto Installation Program for it. Ok, so that installed. Next, the problems only got worse and worse.

After this I tried a system restore to a point before installing that Win10 Program. This failed as well, saying an error occurred and it changed nothing. Ok, so I try booting in safe mode. Not one of the safe modes worked. Not the normal one, network, or the command prompt one. As soon as the safe mode tried to start, I got the critical_process_died error.

Then I tried just completely resetting my PC with my files saved and with my files not saved. Neither of these worked. It said there was an error and nothing was changed.

The point is I've tried everything I could and I fear that I made things worse by installing that Win10 Auto Installation Program. I really need help because I have no clue what to do anymore. Safe mode isn't working and it won't reset. The command prompt works properly so I hope I can do something from there.

Please help me.

Startup Repair is useless, Automatic Repair is useless obviously, I have used sfc /scannow nothing as well

I think I'll have to use a Usb with Windows installed to reset the whole thing right?

:)

HernandezC6152, May 11, 2020
  2. NGKH5 Win User

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, May 11, 2020
  3. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 11, 2020
  4. Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors

Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors

1. Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors - Similar Threads - Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled critical_process_died

2. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled amdppm.sys BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled amdppm.sys BSOD Error: Hello, Recently, I experienced the error named in the subject. I have followed the fix for the question found here: BSOD amdppm.sys - Microsoft Community. I of course greatly appreciate this fix, but I noticed that it limits the power state of the CPU. I game on my PC, and...
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Stop Error BSOD Loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Stop Error BSOD Loop?: First post here, sorry if I’m not in the right place. So about a week ago, I was playing that new game, Valorant, on my lunch break (perks of working from home) and right near the end of the match, I got a BSOD with the stop error of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I figure...
  4. BSOD - error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD - error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, I have recently been getting a BSOD with the error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. After getting this the only way to boot my pc is to go back to a prior restore point. There is no driver listed at the end of the error code. I have checked all of my drivers, and...
  5. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Error

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Error: BSOD has been plaguing my laptop for months. I've taken some percautions but no fix still: -Updated NVIDIA Graphics Driver -Uninstalled Kaspersky Anti-Virus If someone can read the DMP file and help out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Here's a dump file and...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code)

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code): Greetings, I am having this problem on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. I have also hard reset the BIOS by pulling its battery out for a minute. Sadly, none of these have fixed the problem. I have gathered files for inspection: DMP files archived in a zip file, .NFO file...
  8. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe...
  9. Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

Constant bsod error - critical_process_died: I keep getting a bsod error that says "critical_process_died". I don't know too much about bsod errors so I'm not really sure on how to fix this. I've ran the sfc.exe/scannow command and it said it found corrupted files, but couldn't fix them. I then ran the dism...restore...
  10. Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died: About every hour I get a BSOD with the error, Critical_Process_Died. The BSOD completes "gathering info" and when it gets to 100% it does not restart. The only processes I have been running are chrome and trying to do malwarebytes scan. I checked the event viewer and every...