Windows 10: BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys)

Discus and support BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; LOL The chkdsk then are ok Let's see what's happening with the dumps. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guts, Dec 1, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys)

LOL
    The chkdsk then are ok

Let's see what's happening with the dumps.

zbook, Dec 8, 2017
  2. Guts Win User

Whocrashed results

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys) [​IMG]

3. zbook New Member
    1) Check for 2017 BIOS upgrade:
    Z170M-PLUS Driver & Tools| Motherboards | ASUS USA

2) update chip set drivers

BIOS

Version -2017/11/22
    3.65 MBytes
    MEUpdateTool
    Intel has identified security issue that could potentially place impacted platform at risk.
    Use ME Update tool to update your ME.
    *We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 11.7.0.1040

Chipset

Version 11.7.0.1040
    2017/11/01
    86.56 MBytes
    Management Engine Interface
    Improve system stability

zbook, Dec 8, 2017
  4. Guts Win User

Having had a look into BIOS upgrades, I don't think this is something I should do with my level of knowledge.
    Could those HDD errors also have come from another external I had connected recently? There was a fairly old one, which I've disposed of in the meantime.

Guess I'll have to wait for a Kaspersky update now concerning the BSODs.

Thank you very much for your help *Smile

5. zbook New Member
    The HD Tune method is to display OK and highlight Health or SMART test results that need watching.
    There is no 100% reliable method to evaluate drives.
    The aim for Health or SMART testing is to predict drive failure.
    Sometimes failure occurs with symptoms or signs that get worse over time and sometimes it is sudden.
    So every few months run the free version of HD Tune.

Backup all of the files in this drive to another drive.
    Make a backup image of each drive and save the image to another drive or to the cloud.
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled classpnp

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  5. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: I am experiencing repeated BSOD errors with the stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it says that dxgmms2.sys is what failed. I have attached a zip file from the log collector via instruction on this forum. DESKTOP-08U62TS-(2020-06-03_10-48-12).zip I hope I uploaded...
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937
  10. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled: Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue. I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and...