Windows 10: BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ndis.sys)

Discus and support BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ndis.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, I recently updated to windows 10 from 7. Yesterday i used my computer for over 12 hours, then put it to sleep and after another 8 hours of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by goots, Jun 26, 2016.

1. goots Win User

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ndis.sys)

Hello All,
    I recently updated to windows 10 from 7. Yesterday i used my computer for over 12 hours, then put it to sleep and after another 8 hours of usage today I received a BSOD as stated in the title. I have uploaded the dmp file. Thank you all in advance.

regards,

:)

goots, Jun 26, 2016

2. BSOD during Steam game download!

Hey, I was trying to download a game, GTAV specifically, to my newish computer, when I ran into a string of BSODs with it. The first few times, it occurred about 1/4 through the installation, and each time I uninstalled whatever it did manage to download
    and tried again.

Most recent occurrence, I got to 45% with the download when it went to the BSOD, but with a new stop code.

BSODs 1 to 3 were all 'DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL', what failed: ndis.sys

The most recent one was 'KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED', what failed: ndis.sys ; This was after updating my display driver.

Prefacing all of this, I did manage to download a couple games when I first booted up this computer a month or two ago, and after getting a full Norton subscription, this started happening. I tested and successfully downloaded a different game earlier, though
    the filesize was only 6GB to GTAV's 68GB, if that's of any concern.

I'm kind of a know-nothing, so any help would be appreciated. (and I do know that a dump file or something is needed, but I'm not sure where to find it or how to attach! Sorry!)

SnowballSnu, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 64-bit Blue Screen of Death

Hi,

several BSOD happens when wake up the PC in a sleep mode, it does not happen everyday, bug check string, code and caused by driver as follows:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, 0x0000003b, ntoskrnl.exe.

PM KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e ndis.sys.

AM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe.

PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 FLTMGR.SYS.

PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b atikmdag.sys.

Here is the link for DMP and MSinfo

My PC dmp and info.zip

Computer specification:

CPU: intel core i7-4770 3.40GHz

Ram: 16 GB

Video card: AMD ATI Radeon R9 390x

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

Black Cover, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

There is a lot more information available that I need to see that will be contained in the zip file you will upload after running DM_Log_collector.

Also, all thart was in the zip file was a shortcut, not the actual dump file itself. DM_Log_collector will handle all that for you.

Ztruker, Jun 26, 2016
  5. goots Win User
    I aplogize, thank you for the help. I have uploaded the file generated.

goots, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Much better, thanks.

Dump indicates a problem with igdkmd64.sys.

Code: fffff803`4aacb4d8 fffff800`123ecec0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0xecec0[/quote] The process known as Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver or igfx belongs to software Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows.

Try updating it's driver from here: Download Intel® HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit (N-Series)

Try the Intel Driver Update Utility first perhaps.

Ztruker, Jun 26, 2016
  7. goots Win User
    So i downloaded the driver on the link you provided and it says my computer does not meet the minimum requirements, however, i am downloading the correct one. Also, before I also received another BSOD, i have attached the zipped file. Once again, thank you for all your help.

goots, Jun 27, 2016
  8. goots Win User

i think there might be an issue since i have a 2nd gen processor

goots, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ndis.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ndis

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  5. Bsod : Kmode_exception_not_handled

Bsod : Kmode_exception_not_handled: Things have been very unstable. Display drivers crashing and restarting. Now onto blue-screening This is on a fresh install of Windows 10 2004. DESKTOP-AFL1NRM-(2020-06-18_20-49-38).zip - Google Drive Thanks in advance! 158871
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  9. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: Hey guys, i have a lot of BSOD in the last time. Story: I already had windows 10 running on my old system - without any BSOD. I upgraded some Hardware a while ago (mainboard, graphics and processor) and did a clean installation of Windows 10... Since then i got at...
  10. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937