Windows 10: BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe)

Discus and support BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can you provide us with the kernel memory dump please? Its located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP or %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP You can upload it to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ssjx2, Jul 19, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe)

Can you provide us with the kernel memory dump please?
    Its located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    or %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
    You can upload it to an cloud service like dropbox or onedrive.

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  2. Ssjx2 Win User

I have no minidump files due to it just rebooting *Sad

Ssjx2, Jul 23, 2017
  3. zbook New Member
    You should have memory.dmp
    It is a substantially larger file than the mini.dmp

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Ssjx2 Win User

lemme check again

Ssjx2, Jul 23, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    It is typically not hidden.
    Download and install everything: voidtools
    It will index everything on your internal and external drives.
    It can be set to start at boot or when you need it.
    The search results are instantaneous.
    The more characters you type the narrower the results.

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  6. Ssjx2 Win User
    Ok so i installed it and when i run it there is nothing in the list , its empty

(also part 2 at 25% now)

Ssjx2, Jul 23, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Post an image of:
    Keyboard: win + r keys simultaneously > type or copy and paste: sysdm.cpl > click advanced tab > under startup and recovery click settings > post an image into the thread

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  8. Ssjx2 Win User

Ah i see it says where the dump is there

Shot attached

Ssjx2, Jul 23, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    1) un-check automatically restart
    2) For write debugging information change to automatic memory dump
    3) When the dism command is completed perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code into the thread
    4) Recently in another thread it took 5 different software company malware scans to find malware. You are using one of the software applications already, superantispyware. Malware can confound the troubleshooting process. It may be in your best interest to run all of the scans.

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  10. Ssjx2 Win User
    ok it finished and says repair was succesfull , i shall now scan windows updates

and i will run super anti spyware complete scan just to be sure (scanned 3 days ago alrdy but nothing besides the tracking cookies)

ok so i opened windows update tab and it says , we couldnt install some updates because the PC was turned off...

What the?? also i see in the history list it keeps updating my darn drivers (which it shouldnt) even though i disabled the update drivers through windows update..

anyway should i click retry?

scandisk finished had some errors imma post a shot here now of my windows update history and the scandisk error

Ssjx2, Jul 23, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    There was corruption found on the drive.
    There are failed cumulative windows updates.
    Run the spotfix.
    Then reboot and run chkdsk /x /f /r and plan to run this for many hours. It may run overnight.
    Windows enterprise has some differences from windows home and professional so an in place upgrade repair may not be an option to fix the update failure.

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  12. Ssjx2 Win User
    ok , it already tells me it will start a scan on reboot , the other scandisktest u talking about do i run them in cmd or before boot?

(spotfix needs to be done before boot too it says)

Ssjx2, Jul 23, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Run the chkdsk /spotfix command first.
    Then after the next boot open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    chkdsk /x /f /r
    Then after it responds type Y
    Then reboot.
    Many hours later it should complete.
    Sometimes a spotfix makes the /r substantially faster and lately one completed in 30 minutes. But most of the time it can take 4 to 8 hours or even days depending on the drive size the duration of the scan and repair.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
  14. Ssjx2 Win User
    i got that same message for spotfix

ok it is now doing scandisk on reboot , rly fast 45%

Also my disk is only 512gb so what time u think it may take for the other scans?

Ssjx2, Jul 23, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Yes that's correct.

When the chkdsk has completed run one of these SMART tests on your drive:
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World:
    CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World
    Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune: HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    For the drive tests:
    1) Check the health,
    2) Scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    3) run a benchmark

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

zbook, Jul 23, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe) - Similar Threads - BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  4. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  7. BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp: Last week, I assembled a new desktop computer (with all new components) and installed windows 10 Educational. (See my 2nd PC details.) I updated and installed all the latest drivers. (I think at least.) But, since installation, I am having BSOD on various moments with the...
  8. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...
  9. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error: Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I...
  10. Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming

Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming: Hello all! I have previously posted in this specific forum due to random BSOD's which had mostly taken the error of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but it has been quite a while since that post [I'll link it here] and I have lacked the time. Nevertheless, since lowering the...