Windows 10: BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?)

Discus and support BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; guys i keep getting bsod when i plug this dell monitor usb cable (SP2208WFP) the usb cable is for builtin webcam+mic and also 4 usb port i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by slyphnier, Aug 6, 2015.

1. slyphnier Win User

BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?)

guys i keep getting bsod when i plug this dell monitor usb cable (SP2208WFP) the usb cable is for builtin webcam+mic and also 4 usb port i tried download&install monitor webcam driver, that it said compatible for win7/8 but no work, it install webcam proggram okay, but it always end up error when installing driver for unknown reason i did tried few times reinstall and the result same error on driver part what make it harder is that, i cant even disable it on device manager because as soon as i plug that, it will bsod... i think related windows adding register it or something maybe i can go safe-mode and disable it ... havent try anyway to fix this ? or need to wait till microsoft fix this ?

:)

slyphnier, Aug 6, 2015

2. ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

I think you have completely fixed my repeated BSOD issues. I was having the issue whenever windows update insisted on installing the driver for my (dell SP2208WFP) webcam. I have a Logitech webcam so I disabled the dell webcam and disabled windows automatically
    updating drivers. My OCD takes care of my drivers BSOD ks.sys  dell built-in camera (creative driver?) :) It may be to early to tell but I just may have a stable system now, thank you very much.

BryanEstes, Aug 6, 2015
  3. 翼昌宏 Win User
    ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

hello everyone

i got issue with bsod, everytime i plug the usb cable of my monitor (dell SP2208WFP)

i am not sure which part causing bsod

because this monitor have builtin webcam + mic and also 4x usb port

i really suspecting webcam causing BSOD, based what i check on net, there lots people having similar bsod (on windows & skype)

i download and tried install the driver

but somehow windows wont accept the driver

it just end up error no matter how many times i repeat

and i also can't plug the usb, the go to device manager, and update driver from their either

because few secs after i plug it bsod

anyone have a way to solve this issue ?

please help

翼昌宏, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Apologies for bumping this old thread but did you ever solve your problem? It was working fine for me all the way up to Windows 10 until the recent anniversary update. I got a message saying there was an error in the driver. I decided to do a clean install with the latest Windows 10 download and now the monitor gives me a BSOD whenever I plug it in.

Also not sure if it had to do with a conflict with my soundcard (Soundblaster X-Fi), which didn't have sound after the update and also my reformat. Sound only returned when I disabled/enabled the soundcard. But after unplugging the monitor's USB cable, I never got a BSOD again.

Mugen Power, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?) - Similar Threads - BSOD sys dell

2. Built-in Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in Camera: I cannot get my built-in camera to work, any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/65807bf2-7d58-47d6-a9c4-98ce8ad38a48
  3. built in camera

built in camera: Microsoft Surface- the camera light at top of computer white light will not turn off. HELP! There is no physical switch to turn camera off or on. It worked fine yesterday for zoom and this morning, nope....
  4. Built in Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Camera: My laptop has a built in camera and it says its front facing but my laptop doesn't have a front facing camera how do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/953c9c78-0b6a-42b1-bc5e-78681a96a02f
  5. Dell camera driver

Dell camera driver: I have an older Dell Inspirion 17 3721 with a New SSD drive and a fresh, up to date install of Win 10. I can find any sign of a driver for the enclosed camera. Checked everywhere in win 10. I have been looking around and so far there doesn't seem to be any support from Dell...
  6. Dell Laptop built-in Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244 <no cameras are attached>

Dell Laptop built-in Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244 <no cameras are attached>: Dear all - Help needed, hope to hear from you a working fix soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-built-in-camera-not-working-error-code/987a4f95-b2ec-4cbe-b08d-40b9b777be73
  7. Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor

Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor: I recently updated my computer with an ACER and Windows 10; however, am attempting to use my DELL monitor w/built in camera. In Device Manager, the Camera does not appear and the only option I get under Action is "Help". Not sure what is causing the camera to not appear....
  8. Built in camera

Built in camera: Is there better or more robust camera software than the app that's built into Win 10? The Win 10 one has practically no options. I would like to set gamma, saturation, brightness, etc. The one built in has none of these....
  9. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  10. BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys: Hi! Ever since I updated to Windows 10 i keep getting these random freezes(sometimes when i am playing or even when i am just browsing the internet) and it came up with this electric like buzzing in the speakers(also in headphones so it is not the sound equipment). This has...