Windows 10: BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?)

Discus and support BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; guys i keep getting bsod when i plug this dell monitor usb cable (SP2208WFP) the usb cable is for builtin webcam+mic and also 4 usb port i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by slyphnier, Aug 6, 2015.

1. slyphnier Win User

BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?)

guys i keep getting bsod when i plug this dell monitor usb cable (SP2208WFP) the usb cable is for builtin webcam+mic and also 4 usb port i tried download&install monitor webcam driver, that it said compatible for win7/8 but no work, it install webcam proggram okay, but it always end up error when installing driver for unknown reason i did tried few times reinstall and the result same error on driver part what make it harder is that, i cant even disable it on device manager because as soon as i plug that, it will bsod... i think related windows adding register it or something maybe i can go safe-mode and disable it ... havent try anyway to fix this ? or need to wait till microsoft fix this ?

:)

slyphnier, Aug 6, 2015

2. ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

I think you have completely fixed my repeated BSOD issues. I was having the issue whenever windows update insisted on installing the driver for my (dell SP2208WFP) webcam. I have a Logitech webcam so I disabled the dell webcam and disabled windows automatically
    updating drivers. My OCD takes care of my drivers BSOD ks.sys  dell built-in camera (creative driver?) :) It may be to early to tell but I just may have a stable system now, thank you very much.

BryanEstes, Aug 6, 2015
  3. 翼昌宏 Win User
    ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

hello everyone

i got issue with bsod, everytime i plug the usb cable of my monitor (dell SP2208WFP)

i am not sure which part causing bsod

because this monitor have builtin webcam + mic and also 4x usb port

i really suspecting webcam causing BSOD, based what i check on net, there lots people having similar bsod (on windows & skype)

i download and tried install the driver

but somehow windows wont accept the driver

it just end up error no matter how many times i repeat

and i also can't plug the usb, the go to device manager, and update driver from their either

because few secs after i plug it bsod

anyone have a way to solve this issue ?

please help

翼昌宏, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Apologies for bumping this old thread but did you ever solve your problem? It was working fine for me all the way up to Windows 10 until the recent anniversary update. I got a message saying there was an error in the driver. I decided to do a clean install with the latest Windows 10 download and now the monitor gives me a BSOD whenever I plug it in.

Also not sure if it had to do with a conflict with my soundcard (Soundblaster X-Fi), which didn't have sound after the update and also my reformat. Sound only returned when I disabled/enabled the soundcard. But after unplugging the monitor's USB cable, I never got a BSOD again.

Mugen Power, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?) - Similar Threads - BSOD sys dell

2. Built-in camera not attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built-in camera not attached: I bought a 2nd hand Toshiba Satellite laptop, and its built-in camera is not working. If I run the Windows 10's Camera app, it comes up with an error message:- "0xA00F4244<No CamerasAreAttached>" What should I do now?...
  3. Built-in camera disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in camera disappeared: I have a Dell Inspiron PC and a monitor. For some mysterious reason the built-in camera has disappeared. The PC cannot find it anywhere. There is no camera in Control Panel. Nothing, nada anywhere on computer. Dell says it is a MS issue probably due to Windows update...
  4. built in camera on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built in camera on laptop: I cant take pics or any videos all of a sudden. It keeps showing me this symbol of a camera with a line going through it saying "front facing only. " It just doesn't do anything else . what does this mean ? Thanks. Peter...
  5. work the built in camera

work the built in camera: I am new to Microsoft. I got a Fusion tablet with Windows 10 on it, browser, cameras, etc. I like it, but I don't know how to work the cameras. I want to take an online video interview, but only the rear camera was activated. So I want to simply test the cameras myself and...
  6. Logitech or Creative driver-problem?

Logitech or Creative driver-problem?: Hello. Just added a Creative SoundblasterX AE-5 to my PC, and it plays wounderfull. But when turning up or down for the volume with the "roll-key" on my Logitech G510s keyboard, it goes very VERY slowly. After turning fast up, the sound is increasing in small steps slowly...
  7. built in camera not working

built in camera not working: The built in camera is not working with skype or zoom. the apps don't even recognize it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera-not-working/4e61bed0-01c3-47c9-8289-dc6dcd209068
  8. Win10 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (wdf01000.sys) on Dell XPS 5520

Win10 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (wdf01000.sys) on Dell XPS 5520: This started occurring past few days on my Dell XPS 5520. Very random. Cannot pinpoint the root cause of this issue. Updated Dell drivers via Dell Command Update....
  9. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  10. BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys

BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys: Hi! Ever since I updated to Windows 10 i keep getting these random freezes(sometimes when i am playing or even when i am just browsing the internet) and it came up with this electric like buzzing in the speakers(also in headphones so it is not the sound equipment). This has...