Windows 10: BSOD leading me to believe Norton Anti-Virus is the cause

Discus and support BSOD leading me to believe Norton Anti-Virus is the cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started getting BSOD about 1 month ago and seems to be happening everyday. Using Blue Screen Viewer, I googled the filename (BHDrvx64.sys) shown in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by migoblu, Aug 26, 2019.

1. migoblu Win User

BSOD leading me to believe Norton Anti-Virus is the cause

I started getting BSOD about 1 month ago and seems to be happening everyday. Using Blue Screen Viewer, I googled the filename (BHDrvx64.sys) shown in the Blue Screen Viewer and reports said it was associated with Norton Anti-Virus. I contacted Norton chat tech and the tech uninstalled and reinstalled Norton. I had no further BSOD for about 2 days, then they started again.The first was BHDrvx64.sys again. I ran Norton removal on 8/24/19 and did not reinstall Norton, I am now running Windows Defender. I had no BSOD on 8/24/19, but the next day 8/25/19 I got another BSOD. I have updated drivers, and ran memory test, HDD test, no errors were found on hardware, and all drivers are reporting as updated. Thanks for any help.

:)

migoblu, Aug 26, 2019

2. Norton Anti Virus

I am thinking about getting a new anti virus program. I am presently using ESET Nod32 anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. I don't believe these are doing much for me and I am wondering if someone could give me some advise on changing. I have Windows
    10 and am looking at Norton as a replacement. I have had Norton in the past and got rid of it because it slowed my computer down. I am looking at Norton Security Standard, which I understand is a new and improved program. This is new for 2016. Could anyone
    tell me if they have this program and would they recommend it. Thanks in advance.

ThomasHigginsWP, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Icetruck Win User

Time to renew my anti virus or go elsewhere?

Dont use more than one anti-virus. It can cause conflicts. Please, uninstall Norton.[/QUOTE]

Norton is my firewall

Icetruck, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD leading me to believe Norton Anti-Virus is the cause - Similar Threads - BSOD leading believe

2. Norton monthly subscription for anti-virus....$10.91 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton monthly subscription for anti-virus....$10.91 ?: What happened to my Norton anti-virus monthly subscription of $10.91 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-monthly-subscription-for-anti-virus1091/6cbe7132-095d-4140-855b-81650805fcf8
  3. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  4. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Does Microsoft family features have anti-virus protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/ce4ea72a-e824-464f-9934-4d58e990b41c
  5. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  6. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Which is the best anti-virus for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/1db9fa74-6a73-43c0-9d79-6d1eda9c0749
  7. brand new PC wont load norton anti-virus or firefox

brand new PC wont load norton anti-virus or firefox: I purchased Norton and when I try to install the page gets covered with a screen that says "Download Norton from the Microsoft Store." "Get Started" is not a link and the only thing that works is the "X" to close and the "Install on another device" link. I purchased online...
  8. Kaspersky Anti-virus cause me trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kaspersky Anti-virus cause me trouble: I need help with my Samsung laptop in a Windows 10. When I turned it on. In the desktop, a notification will appear about an adware. It has options whether to Delete/Skip/Add. When I tried to choose Delete. The Kaspersky program will appear telling me about the scan. Then an...
  9. anti virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    anti virus: Hi my anti virus is not activated and i don't have anyother anti virus program installed in my computer any soulotion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/ee86beff-02f1-4265-854d-d048ab2a5b04
  10. Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity

Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity: Any one have an opinion on these security programs. I have an older computer being repaired by the Geek squad and the technician recommended Webroot over Norton. I am presently using Norton. The packaging for the Webroot does not say anything about virus protection. I checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve bhdrvx64.sys