Windows 10: BSOD-Loop after Interrupted Windows Update. How to Recover?

Discus and support BSOD-Loop after Interrupted Windows Update. How to Recover? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my first post here! So, a few days ago my Laptop (Acer Aspire) decided to go for an unplanned Win10 update as it does more often. Somewhere in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kluiven, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Kluiven Win User

BSOD-Loop after Interrupted Windows Update. How to Recover?

Hi, my first post here!

So, a few days ago my Laptop (Acer Aspire) decided to go for an unplanned Win10 update as it does more often. Somewhere in the evening i found my Laptop in Step 1 of 3 of the process. Later that evening it was at Step 2/3 and i left it there for the night. The next morning (About 8 hours later) the Update process was at about the same progress, so still at Step 2/3 with no apparent change so I figured something happened during the update and forced a reboot.

That apparently was not the best choice as since then I got stuck in a BSOD-boot loop. The laptop restarts and accesses the HDD, but before the windows logo it already BSOD's with a Page Fault in Non-Paged Area error. After a few of those it automatically goes into a recover mode, but before there is any kind of recover it immediately goes to the BSOD again. No way of choosing anything from the recover menu.

Got a Recovery USB downloaded from the Microsoft website but when i try to launch it (Changing BIOS to load from USB first) will show the blue windows logo, but then accesses the HDD and shoots me in the same BSOD, but now in English. (Normally my Windows gives me Dutch error messages).

Tried to remove the memory banks 1 by 1 and even moved the HDD to another SATA slot, no changes.

Fortunately, I do have an external SATA to USB reader, so i was able to access the contents of the HDD from another computer. There appears to be no issues with the HDD as far as I've seen and I was able to make backups of the contents of the drive. Ran a chkdsk /f/r which took about 5 hours, but found no errors. placing back in the laptop just got me back in the same BSOD loop.

So, what i would like to know is if there is anything i can do to the MBR (?) using my other laptop with the SATA reader. I would love to be able to use my laptop again. Anything i can try to remove/replace/reinstall?

Read somewhere that some Antivirus versions might give issues with Win10 updates. I'm using F-Secure (Included with my ISP). Could that be the issue?

Really looking for tips/pointers to get my Laptop working again. It feels like i'm so close, but keep getting stuck in the BSOD loop.

Thanks so much in advance!

:)

Kluiven, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

bsod loop device verifier ionmanager violation

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you're seeing on the screen?

For the meantime, we suggest checking the answers on the following threads below which we found similar and helpful in resolving the issue:

Windows 10 Driver Verifier BSOD loop.. how to get out of it?

Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Jan 20, 2021
  4. jjjjswan Win User

Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Appreciate your assistance.

Have attempted your instructions however the windows logo does not appear at any stage in the loop. The loop goes:-

Option ROM

Dell logo

The pc makes a flickering noise

Attempting to recover

Restoring your previous version

The loop then continues.

I attempted the rebooting with the Dell logo with no effect.

Any more suggestions?

jjjjswan, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD-Loop after Interrupted Windows Update. How to Recover? - Similar Threads - BSOD Loop Interrupted

2. My PC is in an infinite boot loop after an interrupted update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is in an infinite boot loop after an interrupted update.: 2 days ago, on Monday, my PC got stuck on an update and I turned it off. Then after trying to turn it back on, it won't start up. I left it for 40 minutes and still won't start up. Then I pulled out the plug and after plugging it back the PC worked properly again. Yesterday,...
  3. My PC is in an infinite boot loop after an interrupted update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is in an infinite boot loop after an interrupted update.: 2 days ago, on Monday, my PC got stuck on an update and I turned it off. Then after trying to turn it back on, it won't start up. I left it for 40 minutes and still won't start up. Then I pulled out the plug and after plugging it back the PC worked properly again. Yesterday,...
  4. Infinite loop of restart after interrupting the windows reinstallation process at 87%...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite loop of restart after interrupting the windows reinstallation process at 87%...: I was reinstalling my windows 10 and the reinstall halted at 87% so after waiting for hours i pressed power keys and then agin switched on my laptop now its on loop of restart cycle how can i continue my installation back i had chosen to keep all my files option during reset...
  5. Infinite loop of restart after interrupting the windows reinstallation process at 87%...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite loop of restart after interrupting the windows reinstallation process at 87%...: I was reinstalling my windows 10 and the reinstall halted at 87% so after waiting for hours i pressed power keys and then agin switched on my laptop now its on loop of restart cycle how can i continue my installation back i had chosen to keep all my files option during reset...
  6. BSOD after power interruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after power interruption: Hey guys, I'm getting a BSOD after a power cut. The error was BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. The first thing I tried was to restore the registry files from regback but I soon found out that Windows doesn't backup the registry files anymore. So my regback folder was empty. Then I...
  7. windows 10 interrupted in update now in boot loop

windows 10 interrupted in update now in boot loop: How do I repair windows so it can load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-interrupted-in-update-now-in-boot-loop/11bdd892-9521-4d53-bfeb-d4cc08d9f22c
  8. Windows facing problems after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows facing problems after interrupted update: I started facing minor problems like lagging mouse cursor and random windows explorer crashes. So i decided to update windows. After the update started, it was extremely slow. It completed to 21% after 1 hour. I force shut down my computer because I had to use it. After it...
  9. BSOD Loop after update.

BSOD Loop after update.: Hi i recently updated Windows 10 on my pc, left it updating overnight, then when I tried to restart the computer I get the BSOD with 1 of 2 messages every time it restarts. These messages are either “System thread exception not handled” or “IRQL Not less or equal”. It is...
  10. Update loop - recovered. What next?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update loop - recovered. What next?: I have recovered (for the second time) from the win 10 update loop. Lots of advice on how to do that, but what next? How do I get the update to stick and work? It's not helped by the tendency of the update to happen without warning - do this or do that because this may...