Windows 10: BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update

Discus and support BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, recently I tried serveral ways to update my Windows 10 to the newest version. After trying using bootable USB created using Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Błażej Rybczyński, Feb 6, 2019.

1. BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update

Hi everyone,

recently I tried serveral ways to update my Windows 10 to the newest version. After trying using bootable USB created using Media Creation Tool, I encountered a serious issue - I am unable to boot to Windows - I am getting BSOD with SERVICE_CRITICAL_FAILURE error message. I am pretty sure that the update was a failure and some error must occured during reverting changes performed by Windows automatically.

I tried several ways of fixing this issue: I can't enter the Safe Mode, System Restore can't find any restore point, Start-Up Repair fails, Uninstall Updates can't uninstall anything, even Reset My PC encounteres an error after 1% of this process. I also tried to use DISM with /revertpendingactions and sfc /scannow - without success. I also checked the diskpart and realized that I have now additional partition named C: (previously this was my Windows partition - right now it is moved to partition FBSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update :) with the Boot directory - probably this was created during an update.

Do you have some idea what can I do to fix this issue? I would rather to restore my Windows then reinstalling it from scratch.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Błażej Rybczyński, Feb 6, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Feb 6, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update

1. BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update - Similar Threads - BSOD loop unsuccessful

2. Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.: I have been attempting to install Windows 10 update KB5032278 for several weeks now with no success. I receive the same error each time, 0x80070057. My OS is windows 10 version 22H2. Scandisk and trouble shooter unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.: I have been attempting to install Windows 10 update KB5032278 for several weeks now with no success. I receive the same error each time, 0x80070057. My OS is windows 10 version 22H2. Scandisk and trouble shooter unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 stuck on loop undoing changes after unsuccessful update

Windows 10 stuck on loop undoing changes after unsuccessful update: Windows 10 stuck on a loop undoing changes after unsuccessful update . After few seconds will reboot and get back to the same message . Tried few times to get to the safe mode but no luck. Is rebooting from a usb windows my only option?...
  6. BSOD Loop after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Loop after update.: Hi i recently updated Windows 10 on my pc, left it updating overnight, then when I tried to restart the computer I get the BSOD with 1 of 2 messages every time it restarts. These messages are either “System thread exception not handled” or “IRQL Not less or equal”. It is...
  7. Strange BSOD after the Creators Update

Strange BSOD after the Creators Update: Hello friends! Well, let's get to the point immediately. The first thing that happened after the update was the appearance of a strange BSOD with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and related to the file ntoskrnl.exe. This error always followed the same pattern: it...
  8. BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8

BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8: Hello. I'm having BSODs and other problems like start menu not working after upgrading to v1709. The strange thing is that BSODs occur only when pc turns on, meaning no BSOD when I restart. I even tried a clean install from different 1709 .ISO and still getting BSODs....
  9. BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations

BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations: I've never seen this bsod before wondering if anyone has any insight? Thanks!CHRIS-PC-Sat_10_28_2017__02243_72.zip 96630
  10. Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update

Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update: Hi, greetings all from Argentina. I upgraded my laptop to the new Windows build, and now I can't boot to Windows, it keeps restarting when the Windows logo is displayed. I tried to repair the boot from the USB recovery prompt with bootrec /fixboot and bcdboot c:\Windows /l...