Windows 10: BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode

Discus and support BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 from USB on my lenovo laptop. Everything was fine until I updated Windows to 1909 version. While restarting OS blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bartoos_235, Jul 29, 2020.

1. BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode

I installed Windows 10 from USB on my lenovo laptop. Everything was fine until I updated Windows to 1909 version. While restarting OS blue screen showed up. Blue screen has been showing over and over again with error codes: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I can't access login screen because blue screen shows up in the same time as Windows logo. I tried to open Safe Mode manually and by interrupting OS opening three times but it didn't work. Then I tried to boot OS again from USB that I installed Windows from but blue screen shows again. Basically I have access only to BIOS and Boot manager. I searched many forums but nothing helps because I cannot access safe mode.

Is there anything I can do?

:)

Bartoos_235, Jul 29, 2020
  2. EckiStern Win User

Updated, now stuck in loop, boot in safe mode - no desktop

Windows 10 April 2018 update-

After update stuck on blue screen that asks for keyboard layout and then takes me to Windows Rollback which just keeps looping. Booted in safe mode to a previous version of Windows, but then it says it cannot load the desktop and I get a black screen with
    just the recycle bin. No start menu, windows key does not work.

Suggestions?

EckiStern, Jul 29, 2020
  3. BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode

• Dell Latitude Laptop running Windows 10 1809 64 bit -
    • Went to shut down laptop last night (12 May around 11:30 UT) and immediately went to a BSOD KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and tried to restart.
    • Ended up in the Windows Recovery Environment suggesting a restart. Selecting restart just put me back in the Recovery Environment again - endless loop
    • Full power down and restart is the same.
    • In the Recovery Environment, selecting "Uninstall latest quality update" works but makes no difference.
    • "Uninstall latest feature update" fails. Can someone explain the difference between Quality and Feature updates?
    • "Reset my PC" with "Keep my files" fails.
    • Selecting the "Startup Settings' option and prompting a restart to access Safe Mode allows me to select a Safe Mode restart but then it retriggers the BSOD (same one) and dumps me back in the Recovery Environment ... I can't get to Safe Mode.
    • Basically, I am locked out of the machine.
    I am suspicious that this may be related to the KB4551853 update (don't know the exact time of release) and that the BSOD has happened when you would normally get the "Update and Shutdown" banner. A complete rebuild
    with the loss of all my files is not the absolute end of the world but would make me REALLY unhappy. Any help to avoid that would be appreciated.

SteveKerr2, Jul 29, 2020
  4. djoatmeal Win User

BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode

Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.
    BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode [​IMG]

djoatmeal, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode

1. BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode - Similar Threads - BSoD loop update

2. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  3. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  4. Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.: Happened 2 days ago. I've updated my drivers and I use a external hard drive. The only thing I can access is the recovery page and BIOS. I don't know what to do. My BSOD looks glitched. The smiley face looks like a weird, white block, meanwhile the text is also all glitched...
  5. Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.: Happened 2 days ago. I've updated my drivers and I use a external hard drive. The only thing I can access is the recovery page and BIOS. I don't know what to do. My BSOD looks glitched. The smiley face looks like a weird, white block, meanwhile the text is also all glitched...
  6. Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR Can't enter windows or safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR Can't enter windows or safe mode: I set my computer to sleep one night, forgetting that there was a Windows Update I could install. I hadn't scheduled the update so windows would update when I restart or shut down my laptop. The next morning, I opened my laptop and I was met with the BSOD with an error...
  8. Windows boot loop and can't go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot loop and can't go into safe mode: Hello. When I turn on my pc, it will go to the ASUS logo, black screen, ASUS logo again, and then shut itself down and then turns itself back on repeating the same steps. I tried a few methods on youtube like adjusting the RAM stick, replacing the battery, and cleaning the...
  9. BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE: HI im 2 days into this now-- have been trying soo many solutions online-- & nothing is working this is the 3rd time that after a mandatory reboot-- i have been lift with the black screen. The 1st one required 200$+ at the computer repair shop. The 2nd i was able to...
  10. BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop: Hi all, I put my PC into sleep mode before heading out last night and upon my return I was presented with a BSOD. So I'm not actually sure if it went into sleep mode. I'm kinda at a loss as in to what is causing my bsod. It happens after the Windows logo, but doesn't...