Windows 10: BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work

Discus and support BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue since two weeks now. I installed a software Pro Tools First on my PC Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH and it was working properly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by __joe_, Apr 9, 2021.

1. __joe_ Win User

BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work

Hello,

I'm having an issue since two weeks now. I installed a software Pro Tools First on my PC Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH and it was working properly, I didn't notice anything strange. Then I shut down my PC and the next day, at startup, I got a BSOD with the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and my PC reboot in winRE.

Since then I tried a lot of different things to repair it, nothing worked. My PC doesn't boot in safe mode or in any similar mode, I still get the same BSOD. The system restore didn't work, trying to uninstall latest updates didn't work as well. I tried sfc /scannow or chkdsk /f D:\ or dism /cleanup-image commands but they either didn't work or didn't print any problem. Startup Repair didn't work as well. I feel like I tried everything I could from winRE the only thing I get access to. The last things I think about are trying a malware scan but I didn't find any way to do it from winRE or resetting my PC.

Also I don't think it's a hardware issue since my PC is only 1 year old although it could be this.

Is there anything else I could do ?

Thanks

B

:)

__joe_, Apr 9, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 9, 2021
  3. BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode

• Dell Latitude Laptop running Windows 10 1809 64 bit -
    • Went to shut down laptop last night (12 May around 11:30 UT) and immediately went to a BSOD KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and tried to restart.
    • Ended up in the Windows Recovery Environment suggesting a restart. Selecting restart just put me back in the Recovery Environment again - endless loop
    • Full power down and restart is the same.
    • In the Recovery Environment, selecting "Uninstall latest quality update" works but makes no difference.
    • "Uninstall latest feature update" fails. Can someone explain the difference between Quality and Feature updates?
    • "Reset my PC" with "Keep my files" fails.
    • Selecting the "Startup Settings' option and prompting a restart to access Safe Mode allows me to select a Safe Mode restart but then it retriggers the BSOD (same one) and dumps me back in the Recovery Environment ... I can't get to Safe Mode.
    • Basically, I am locked out of the machine.
    I am suspicious that this may be related to the KB4551853 update (don't know the exact time of release) and that the BSOD has happened when you would normally get the "Update and Shutdown" banner. A complete rebuild
    with the loss of all my files is not the absolute end of the world but would make me REALLY unhappy. Any help to avoid that would be appreciated.

SteveKerr2, Apr 9, 2021
  4. BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work

Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

raymond1984, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work

1. BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work - Similar Threads - BSOD loop startup

2. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  3. Stuck in safe mode startup screen with password not working.

Stuck in safe mode startup screen with password not working.: I cannot access my laptop because I do not know the password for safe mode. I know it's not my PIN, but my working Microsoft password doesn't work either. Networking is not enabled although I thought I chose that when choosing to enter safe mode. I tried to connect via...
  4. BSOD loop; trying to enter safe mode didn't work

BSOD loop; trying to enter safe mode didn't work: I deleted something off of temp although I dont know what and I got stuck in a BSOD loop. I followed directions to try to enter safe mode but it just sent me back to the bsod...then I tried the command prompt and typedbcdeit /deletevalue {default} safeboot and it gave me...An...
  5. Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode: Today I will solve this hopefully for everyone. Today I needed to get to safe mode and my PIN was not accepted. Then I noticed duh! It says password so I tried my current password witch did not work either and someone some where said think about it the answer is with you?...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode: Hey everyone! I have the following problem and was hoping that someone maybe experienced the same one and already solved it: Yesterday, a program on my system crashed and I could not close it. Neither Alt+F4 nor the manual "x" worked, I couldn’t tab out of it and I could...
  7. Windows Startup Loop - will not boot up properly, cannot get to safe startup mode, no help...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Startup Loop - will not boot up properly, cannot get to safe startup mode, no help...: Running a Lenovo H320, with Windows 10 Home. I have an update issue that has created a startup loop that won't allow my PC to startup correctly. What happens on startup: 1 Lenovo startup image where you can jump to BIOS 2 blue Microsoft logo 3 message stating...
  8. New Motherboard Will start in safe mode but Loops startup on regular Win10

New Motherboard Will start in safe mode but Loops startup on regular Win10: So the original motherboard fried. I replaced it and now the computer loops in startup and goes into automatic repair and diagnostic only to end up at advanced options. I have checked for malware and uninstalled any unessessary software to include the antivirus for now....
  9. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....
  10. Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work: I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the cursor is invisible. The original problem I had, prior to developing this new mouse problem, was the start menu. Neither the...