Windows 10: BSOD loop - due to wifi driver - windows rejects password in safe mode

Discus and support BSOD loop - due to wifi driver - windows rejects password in safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm currently in bsod loop on a win 10 machine. The issue occurred whilst trying to rollback the wifi adaptor driver (looking for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by supermonkey, Nov 6, 2018.

1. BSOD loop - due to wifi driver - windows rejects password in safe mode

Hi All,

I'm currently in bsod loop on a win 10 machine.

The issue occurred whilst trying to rollback the wifi adaptor driver (looking for an advanced option that may have been present on earlier versions).

Hopefully, all I need to do is restore the latest driver, but this is easier said than done.

The machine will boot normally, and then crash a few seconds after the home screen appears.

I can boot to safe mode, but windows rejects my password (I checked the password is correct by logging into the account on my browser on another computer). I get no option to try another account and the pin code option (which I normally use) doesn't appear. I have tried safe mode with networking & ethernet cable with no success either.

All the other recovery options require this password, so no luck with any of them.

I did make a recovery disk when I bought the PC, so I booted from that, hoping to disable the wifi driver through command prompt. Perhaps due to booting from a different disk, I cannot do the netsh commands successfully. It opens in X:\Windows\system32, my OS is on C:. changing directory to C etc doesn't work either.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

:)

supermonkey, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode Boot Loop

Hi Justin,

It is possible that you're stuck in Safe Mode boot loop due to system components. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to Start your computer in safe mode
    in Windows 10. Safe Mode with Networking includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet and other computers on your network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2018
  4. BSOD loop - due to wifi driver - windows rejects password in safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

BSOD loop - due to wifi driver - windows rejects password in safe mode

1. BSOD loop - due to wifi driver - windows rejects password in safe mode - Similar Threads - BSOD loop due

2. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  3. Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode: Hi, everyone, In search of a problem that was causing Win 10 to lock up on my XPS13 9343, I enabled driver verifier. Predictably, this is now generating BSODs. This is the expected diagnostic behavior, I gather. The problem is, I have not been able to to get into Windows in...
  4. BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work: Hello, I'm having an issue since two weeks now. I installed a software Pro Tools First on my PC Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH and it was working properly, I didn't notice anything strange. Then I shut down my PC and the next day, at startup, I got a BSOD with the error...
  5. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode password: I updated my amd drivers and now my windows won't load if not on safe mode, but on safe mode for whatever reason my password is just always wrong. I created my windows account using my Microsoft account, but no possible password I have ever used my entire life has worked so...
  6. Windows in safe mode no password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows in safe mode no password: Hi I have been getting the following error message on windows after login 'microsoft .net framework unhandled exception has occurred'. Having had no internet until yesterday I decided to lookup the problem and the first answer was to start Windows in safe mode to see if the...
  7. Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password: I am hoping someone can help me so I don't have to do a fresh install. I upgraded my 64 bit Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and my AMD driver started causing reboots reporting issues with Wattman. Solutions online pointed to clearing the driver using AMD's driver tool. Well it...
  8. Windows 10 pro, pc rebooted into safe mode and accepts password the rejects it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro, pc rebooted into safe mode and accepts password the rejects it.: Rebooted pc to remove ATI drivers before new driver install. But for some unknown reason windows accepts password only to rejected it a few seconds later. Unable to get into command prompt or anything that requires admin access. Unable to activate admin login, due to...
  9. safe mode password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  10. safe mode password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe mode password: im unable to restart windows 10 to normal mode. im stuck on entering safe mode since its asking for password. ive used the password and pin and both come up incorrect. ive tried all options possible but each leads to the password stage and incorrect as usual. can i get help...