Windows 10: BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR Can't enter windows or safe mode

Discus and support BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR Can't enter windows or safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I set my computer to sleep one night, forgetting that there was a Windows Update I could install. I hadn't scheduled the update so windows would update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tino J, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Tino J Win User

BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR Can't enter windows or safe mode

I set my computer to sleep one night, forgetting that there was a Windows Update I could install. I hadn't scheduled the update so windows would update when I restart or shut down my laptop.

The next morning, I opened my laptop and I was met with the BSOD with an error message of PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR. My laptop then went to the System Recovery screen with all the options. I'll list what I've tried and the results.

DISCLAIMERS:

1 I'm sure a factory reset would fix my problems, but I want to avoid doing a factory reset if at all possible.

2 I don't have any USB/Flash Drives at the moment, but if a method using one would fix my problems, I'll try as soon as I have access to one.

1. Continue to Windows 10 - My laptop goes to the BSOD and then goes back to recovery mode

2. Start-up Repair - My laptop goes to the SRT screen where it diagnoses and attempts to repair errors. After around 1 hour, it goes to a blue screen with text saying that it failed and I should check the log files. I checked the log files, and there are two repair actions that failed. Image of failed section: https://pasteboard.co/JOOGfvq.jpg

3. Startup Settings - I tried all 3 Safe Mode boots as well as the Low-Resolution boot just as a random attempt and each time it brings me back to the BSOD then Recovery Mode screen.​

4. Command Prompt - I've tried a few things, but I'm open to try more stuff. One of the things I tried is in this post: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/fo...ot-boot-safemode-or-system-restore/?p=4986285. I removed all my Corsair drivers because I have a Corsair mouse and that seemed to be the issue in the post, but the author didn't have the same error code as me, so I'm not too surprised it didn't work. If it would solve my problems but I just need to find a faulty driver I'm not sure if there are any, I just tried this because the author of the post was having the same symptoms as me, he didn't have the same error code as me. I have no idea if my problems have anything to do with faulty drivers.​

5. Uninstall Updates - I've tried uninstalling both the latest Feature Update and the Quality Update, but they both fail. The error message I get it: "We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest [Quality/Feature] update of Windows.​

6. System Image Recovery - I have no system images that I can use to recover. "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer."​

7. System Restore - I have two restoration points, one for the 12/2/21 and the 15/2/21, but they both fail an have the same result. Here is an image of the pop up I get once it fails: https://pasteboard.co/JOOD2bu.jpg.​

Please, if you have any solution to this please tell me.​

Disclaimers again:

1 I don't want to factory reset.​

2 I have no USB or Flash Drives but I will access to some soon so if you have a solution that requires a USB, please tell me.​

Thank you,​

Tino J​

:)

Tino J, Feb 17, 2021

2. PNP detected fatal error

After upgrading to windows 10, the computer is always giving me a blue screen with sad face and says that its a pnp detected fatal error . Then the computer restarts automatically . I searched a lot for answers but it was worthless ! Please help ...

MohamadTarhini, Feb 17, 2021
  3. divmaeng Win User
    stop code: pnp detected fatal error

I get the following error when shutting down

" stop code : pnp Detected Fatal error"

divmaeng, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Addie Win User

BSOD - PNP Fatal error & Bootloop

I wanted to reset my computer and keep my files. So I did it properly from windows menu.

reset was successful and I logged successfully into my computer.

After a while I got my first BSOD. Pnp fatal error! Restarted again, I logged into my accountn and after a while again BSOD.

So I started again in Safe mode. Everything ok, no BSOD.

The problem is that i don't know how I repair my pc. I'm stuck in a bootloop.

What I have tried:
    1. Start up repair from troubleshooting options. No luck. I doesn't let it complete. Error comes out (SrtTrail.txt)
    StrTrails.txt: Repair action failed - code 0x490

2 reset from troubleshooting options. Again no luck. An error pops up while repairing saying windows restarted or something like this.

3 Reset from bootable USB. The same as above.

4 bios update. Same BSOD

5 tried to create new user in safe mode but when I click to add a new user, a window comes up and disappears after milliseconds.

I also noticed in device manager in safe mode, there is a yellow triangle in monitors , Pnp-monitor. But when I try to update it says driver is updated.

What more can I do?
    Thank you for your help

Addie, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR Can't enter windows or safe mode - Similar Threads - BSOD Loop PNP

2. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi,I'm running Win10, latest updates.I have just done a VMware update and when finished it wanted a reboot.However, after the system has rebooted, I can log in and then after a minute I get the BSoD with the error "PNP Detected Fatal Error".I'm struggling to guess what VMWare...
  3. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi,I'm running Win10, latest updates.I have just done a VMware update and when finished it wanted a reboot.However, after the system has rebooted, I can log in and then after a minute I get the BSoD with the error "PNP Detected Fatal Error".I'm struggling to guess what VMWare...
  4. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: Hey Guys! Yesterday, Windows did one of its auto updates. When it was done, it came to a Blue screen that gave me the PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR. I get that error about 2 sec after I see my windows logo when I boot up the PC. I have tried literally everything and still...
  5. BSoD: PnP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

BSoD: PnP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: I reported this as a reply to someone else's post, but I thought it might make more sense to make a separate post. System: AlienWare 17 R2 laptop, Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8 in 2016 Summary: On April 5 or 6, the laptop rebooted itself while idle, got consecutive...
  6. PNP Detected Fatal Error

PNP Detected Fatal Error: [IMG][IMG]Hi I have HP personal laptop and yesterday I just click on latest update to install and after 1 min it suddently restart my laptop and give ke stopcode error. ERROR was PNP detected fatal error I think Dave replied to my post and I am not able to reply back to...
  7. PNP Detected Fatal Error

PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi I have HP personal laptop and yesterday I just click on latest update to install and after 1 min it suddently restart my laptop and give ke stopcode error. ERROR was PNP detected fatal error This is first time happened. I don't want to loose my all data so i can't...
  8. BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: I set my computer to sleep one night, forgetting that there was a Windows Update I could install. I hadn't scheduled the update so windows would update when I restart or shut down my laptop. The next morning, I opened my laptop and I was met with the BSOD with an error...
  9. PNP detected fatal error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PNP detected fatal error: Hi Resently i have been getting this Error PNP detected fatal error Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ca 0x0000000000000002, 0xffff9e038f3fc040, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  10. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: My windows 10 updated automatically and now it keeps restarting non-stop. It doesnt even go to the recovery screen at all!! Im at my dead end right now...please somebody help me...i need to do my works... I have tried almost all method i can find in the net... And now it...