Windows 10: BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

Discus and support BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720 Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ek16, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ek16 Win User

BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720

Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop through a system reset. The system reset failed and it keeps taking me through this BSOD loop everytime I attempt to restart my computer, reset it, or shut it down and turn it back on. The stop code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I've tried the safe mode boot already. I'm not really good with computers and i'm refraining from taking my computer to a technician. Any way I can fix this?

Thank you.

:)

2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Stop code is random.

like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION..

I've got multiple BSOD and the stop code is that random.

right now after multiple debugging the issue, I hypothetically assume it's my nvme fault.

I've ordered a new nvme drive and gonna retest the system if this will works.

C-aLica, Oct 27, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

Hi,

The Driver Verifier appears to have an issue with the covefs.sys which appears to be a driver for DrivePool so you could try uninstalling DrivePool.

auggy, Oct 27, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Please update the computer specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

2) How old is the computer?
    3) Are all of the hardware components the original components?
    4) What is the history of the drive? Have there been any drive problems such as chkdsk on boot, paging errors, bad blocks, etc.?
    5) When was the last time the drive was checked using SMART, short or long generic testing?

6) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

7) Boot to the Windows 10 iso repetitively clicking the applicable keyboard key:
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    Lenovo F12
    8) Click external USB hard drive
    9) When you view the Windows icon wait approximately 5 - 10 minutes for the iso to load
    10) Click language, time, currency, keyboard
    11) Do not click install as this is to perform a clean install deleting partitions, formatting, making an unallocated drive and installing Windows 10 version 1709.
    12) In the left lower corner click repair your computer
    13) Open the windows 10 iso advanced troubleshooting menu
    14) Click restore
    15) view available restore points
    16) Attempt to restore the computer to a date prior to the problems.
    17) If restore fails click on startup repair
    18) Let us know your progress and the results of each step.
    If there are any error codes please report them into the thread.
    Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread if necessary to report findings.
    19) When you are able to boot using Windows please post a zip into the thread for troubleshooting:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Oct 28, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died - Similar Threads - BSOD loop stop

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code): Greetings, I am having this problem on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. I have also hard reset the BIOS by pulling its battery out for a minute. Sadly, none of these have fixed the problem. I have gathered files for inspection: DMP files archived in a zip file, .NFO file...
  3. stop Codes: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

stop Codes: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: ive been getting these stop codes over the past two weeks. There are more of the: "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and fewer of the: "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" all the system is up to date and runs sometimes for days without the stop codes. Today the startup screen offered...
  4. [Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...

[Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...: This is going to be a long post, so please, bear with me. I will try to be as clear as possible, and English is my second language, so please excuse me of any mistakes that I may make. So about one or two months ago, I first got this issue where the system would crash at...
  5. I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...: I use Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series 3137, 64-bit computer, 64-bit processor, 2 GB RAM (thought that would be relevant). The other day, I was playing a game right before we went out, and I pressed Alt and F4 frantically, but the game had frozen as a result of that, so I...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop: I have a Lenovo y50 gaming Laptop with Win 10 Home Premium 64-bit. The issue all started when my laptop was acting very slow, so I performed a shutdown. But when I powered it back up, I got to the blue CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED screen, and it began a loop restarting and...
  7. BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef

BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef: I have been struggling with this problem for quite some time now and have not found a way to fix it, so far I have tried doing a chkdsk and an sfc /scannow as advised by other sites but unfortunately it hasn't help me much, although I will do them again if need be. The error...
  8. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Critical_Process_Died: The OS (win10Pro) is an upgrade from Win7Ultimate and this BSOD issue only started happening this morning. Unfortunately, my last image is from Friday so I'm not sure that will be of any help either. The diagnostic file is attached. One thing that is puzzling is that there is...
  9. BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died: Hi, I've been wrestling with this problem for last 2 days and I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere hence I'm posting here. Firstly, I can't generate the dumpfile as I can't access windows at all. I can't access it through any boot options including safe mode....
  10. BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died"

BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died": 5 year old Toshiba netbook, purchased with Win7 Starter installed was eligible for and did free Win10 install in July has worked fine, up til last Thursday (October 8, 2015) 10/8/15 began crashing, "Critical_Process_Died". Allows me to restart computer, but BSOD's every two...