Windows 10: BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

Discus and support BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720 Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ek16, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ek16 Win User

BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720

Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop through a system reset. The system reset failed and it keeps taking me through this BSOD loop everytime I attempt to restart my computer, reset it, or shut it down and turn it back on. The stop code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I've tried the safe mode boot already. I'm not really good with computers and i'm refraining from taking my computer to a technician. Any way I can fix this?

Thank you.

:)

2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Stop code is random.

like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION..

I've got multiple BSOD and the stop code is that random.

right now after multiple debugging the issue, I hypothetically assume it's my nvme fault.

I've ordered a new nvme drive and gonna retest the system if this will works.

C-aLica, Oct 27, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

Hi,

The Driver Verifier appears to have an issue with the covefs.sys which appears to be a driver for DrivePool so you could try uninstalling DrivePool.

auggy, Oct 27, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Please update the computer specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

2) How old is the computer?
    3) Are all of the hardware components the original components?
    4) What is the history of the drive? Have there been any drive problems such as chkdsk on boot, paging errors, bad blocks, etc.?
    5) When was the last time the drive was checked using SMART, short or long generic testing?

6) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

7) Boot to the Windows 10 iso repetitively clicking the applicable keyboard key:
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    Lenovo F12
    8) Click external USB hard drive
    9) When you view the Windows icon wait approximately 5 - 10 minutes for the iso to load
    10) Click language, time, currency, keyboard
    11) Do not click install as this is to perform a clean install deleting partitions, formatting, making an unallocated drive and installing Windows 10 version 1709.
    12) In the left lower corner click repair your computer
    13) Open the windows 10 iso advanced troubleshooting menu
    14) Click restore
    15) view available restore points
    16) Attempt to restore the computer to a date prior to the problems.
    17) If restore fails click on startup repair
    18) Let us know your progress and the results of each step.
    If there are any error codes please report them into the thread.
    Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread if necessary to report findings.
    19) When you are able to boot using Windows please post a zip into the thread for troubleshooting:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Oct 28, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died - Similar Threads - BSOD loop stop

2. Stop code : Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop code : Critical_Process_Died: FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMPPROCESS_NAME: svchost.exeCRITICAL_PROCESS: svchost.exeERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xd19a040 - <Unable to get error code text>STACK_TEXT: fffff589`d206f938 fffff804`17d0e402 : 00000000`000000ef ffffcf81`0c67a340 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 :...
  3. Stop code : Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code : Critical_Process_Died: FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMPPROCESS_NAME: svchost.exeCRITICAL_PROCESS: svchost.exeERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xd19a040 - <Unable to get error code text>STACK_TEXT: fffff589`d206f938 fffff804`17d0e402 : 00000000`000000ef ffffcf81`0c67a340 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 :...
  4. Stop code : Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

Stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”: I keep receiving stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” after logging into my computer. I looked through the internet and found multiple fixes that didn’t help. The only one that did was resetting my pc, but now I just received it again and I’m not sure why. Please help....
  6. stop code: critical_process_died

stop code: critical_process_died: hellowhen unplug charger from laptop this error appear:stop code: critical_process_diedplease help me tanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-criticalprocessdied/34c57f66-ed02-4bb8-9fa0-5c12f2d675bc
  7. STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: After I updating my Windows 10 version, I am facing blue screen error. It shows me stop code error and giving that's name CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. N.B: I think the problem started for my network adapter Modem driver. Because, after entering the Modem, My PC went to blue...
  8. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Recently, my PC has been crashing frequently due to "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED." Here is the output from WhoCrashed: crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys ntdll+0xA34E9 Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFF97878C01D200, 0x0,...
  9. Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I keep getting this error on start up. I get the welcome screen then type in my PIN; it goes to the stop code screen and restarts, over and over and over. I booted from CD and did a system restore: Same result. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance. Randy...
  10. BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died: Hi, I've been wrestling with this problem for last 2 days and I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere hence I'm posting here. Firstly, I can't generate the dumpfile as I can't access windows at all. I can't access it through any boot options including safe mode....