Windows 10: BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming

Discus and support BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started playing world of warcraft again about a week ago and since then I have been occasionally getting BSOD machine check exception errors, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abbottd, Jan 13, 2021.

1. abbottd Win User

BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming

I started playing world of warcraft again about a week ago and since then I have been occasionally getting BSOD machine check exception errors, but only while playing wow. Since the problem started, a couple days after i started playing wow again, I will have no issues for a couple days and then randomly I will get BSOD errors in quick succession while playing wow. It goes through the data collection process and restart, i dont have to hard restart. I had this problem on this pc about a year ago when i was playing wow and the witcher 3. I thought it was fixed because it stopped happening but that may just have been due to the fact that i stopped playing games that might demand a little more from the computer and I was mostly only playing league of legends. The computer is a couple years old but the hardware components exceed the requirements for both the games i was having trouble with. I checked the graphics card drivers and had to update them a few days ago last time this happened and, again, i thought the problem was resolved because i didnt have issues for a couple days. But then i just got two within a few minutes of each other after the restart and logging back in to wow. After googling the issue i found a suggestion to check my event logs on an old post, but i can't really make sense of the errors or what they mean. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

abbottd, Jan 13, 2021

2. BSOD error 'Machine Check Exception'

Right after Windows online upgrade from 7 to 10 there where no problems, no BSOD's, no crashes at all.In the mean time, no hardware changes, nothing of that.At first, after the first updates a crash occured once a month with 'Machine Check Exception' error.Then after updates the crashes occured more regularly.After clean Win 10 Home re-installation the crashes stopped, for a short while anyways.Then the persistant BSOD code 'Machine Check Exception' start appearing again.A few months later, worse case scenario happened, in fact after the first major updates all hell broke lose.Sometimes even daily crashes with BSOD message 'Machine Check Exception'.Then recently I found out about the Microsoft (faulty) update that caused a lot of trouble, worldwide.And the crashes keep coming, over and over again.Lately every week once or twice same thing.Various codes, stil same BSOD error message 'Machine Check Exception', the latest error:Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: CUSTOM_ERRORIt really is sickening.Hardware specsMoBo: Asus P6T SECPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHzVGA: AMD Radeon R7 200 series

iwannaknowten2, Jan 14, 2021
  3. David4354 Win User
    Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.

David4354, Jan 14, 2021
  4. BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming

BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey all,

I've gotten this error a few times now and I'm not exactly sure what's going on as I've changed nothing on my system in a very long time but it has decided that it is time to BSOD me again *Frown BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming :(

I've got the memory dump file but it's 419 mb (is it supposed to be that big?) so uploading it is not practical. Any suggestions on something I can download to decode this for me? I wish I had the foresight to take a picture of it but it restarts the computer too fast for me to think of such an idea.

Suggestions are welcome, thanks *Smile BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming :)

oh and btw: it occurs at random times. When I'm gaming, when I'm simply enjoying some pandora, when I'm playing solitaire. So it's not a load related issue.

jasper1605, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming

1. BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD Machine check

2. Machine Check Exception Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine Check Exception Error: For the past several months, I have occasionally gotten a Machine Check Exception Error. It will ALWAYS happen when playing certain video games, for instances Hearthstone or Risk of Rain, but it does not happen when playing other games, like Overwatch, Skyrim, or Smite. It...
  3. BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception

BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception: Hi, I bought a new high-end gaming PC roughly eight months ago. Most games run amazing, but every now and then I'll run into a game that causes BSOD errors. For instance, when trying to run Monster Train, my computer will freeze/crash with a BSOD "Machine Check Exception"...
  4. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  5. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  6. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  7. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  8. BSOD - machine check exception while gaming

BSOD - machine check exception while gaming: Hi there, I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming only. I've updated my drivers that I know of and tested my ram with memtest but still I will constantly get BSOD while playing games such as cities skylines or PUBG.I bought a new EVGA G2 PSU so that should be...
  9. BSOD 'Machine Check Exception' Error

BSOD 'Machine Check Exception' Error: Can anyone help figure this one out? Last night Defender was updated. No new hardware installed. This morning the machine freezes and I've also had a BSOD with 'Machine check exception' error. Experienced similar freezes last week with a 'Driver power state failure'...
  10. BSOD error 'Machine Check Exception'

BSOD error 'Machine Check Exception': Right after Windows online upgrade from 7 to 10 there where no problems, no BSOD's, no crashes at all.In the mean time, no hardware changes, nothing of that.At first, after the first updates a crash occured once a month with 'Machine Check Exception' error.Then after updates...