Windows 10: BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C

Discus and support BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there So it's the third time I post about this since other topics have been abandonned whitout answer nor resolution. Basicly, since I build this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShadeAeternum, Dec 28, 2019.

1. BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C

Hi there

So it's the third time I post about this since other topics have been abandonned whitout answer nor resolution.

Basicly, since I build this computer, I keep encountering a BSOD with the 0x9C code. Always the same parameters.

Both happens randomly

Also but I think the issue is the keyboard since I have my new keyboard I also encounter a 0x124 WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD as well.

Here is the minidumps

Dumps file

What have already have been tried:

Memtest and other ram tests

Update BIOS

Reset BIOS

sfc /scannow and dism

CHKDSK

Checking disk status with a tool all hard drives are healthy

Checking temperatures which never exceeded 64 for CPU and 67 for GPU And they aren't overclocked

Use verifier which solved another bluescreen issue by finding a software which was causing it.

Reinstall google chrome

Reinstall GPU drivers safe mode

Uninstall GeForce Expercience only leaving the drivers

Note that the crashes seems to happen randomly it can be 10 days without them or can happen 2 days in a row even 2 times in a day once.

It happened on some websites while web browsing, while gaming issue 0x124 escpecially but once or twice as well for the 0x9C.

Since the module impacted is hal.dll it's bothering to really troubleshoot the issue.

If necessary and if it may help I can as well zip MEMORY.DMP file which is huge of 1.24GB. Mindump seems to erase after some times which is why I don't have more in the zip file.

Thank you verry much in advance for all the help.

Best regards.

:)

ShadeAeternum, Dec 28, 2019

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 28, 2019
  3. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C)

On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed

On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x11D)

Bugcheck code: 0x9C (0x0, 0xFFFF96005B5D5D70, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

This seems to happen only when I'm using a web browser (and since I most likely use chrome, when I use chrome).

When I game or do other things I don't seem to encounter this BSOD. It does not happen recursively.

I already tried to rollback some drivers without any results.

sfc /scannow or dism didn't corrected the issue. (Even though it restored properly windows integrity since sfc had found corruptions which it couldn't resolve, then after dism it managed to.)

Here is the minidump with the crash which happen

Could you please help me to resolve the issue and find the cause?

Best regards.

ShadeAeternum, Dec 28, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C

3 BSOD in a few days of MSI Apache PRO

Hi bettingtime,

Welcome to the 10forums.

You might not like what I say, but my suggestion would be to return your laptop.
    The 0x9C(MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION) is a hardware error crash. In your case, a brand new laptop, it is a faulty component.
    BSOD Index

Thema:

BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C

1. BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C - Similar Threads - BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C

2. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  3. Machine_check_Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine_check_Exception BSOD: Hi, I've been having crashes for almost a year now and I haven't been able to figure out why so yesterday I decided to delete all my files and reinstall Windows 10 and I still got a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD crash. Also, the crashes only happens when I'm playing a game...
  4. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception: Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following...
  5. BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I built a new pc about a month ago now and it has crashed about 8 or 9 times all with the error code MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. These crashes occur randomly (idle, in game, browsing the web) and I can not seem to figure out exactly is going on in my case, despite looking at...
  6. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  7. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD: For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has simply frozen during play, sound crashed loudly, and the machine has not responded to any keyboard or mouse input. Graphics...
  8. Bsod - machine_check_exception

Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hello Ladies & Gents! I'm a SevenForums member, DreadStar/DreadStarX! It's been a long time since I've been on here, and found that SF/EF/TF is one of the best resources for OS Problems. So, here's the problem. When I boot up VMWare Workstation, and attempt to...
  9. Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: Currently I have not been able to play any video game on my PC. It will start and maybe within 20 minutes it either stops working and I get a Window "game.exe has stopped working" or get a dump crash with "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION". This happens with any video game I try to...
  10. Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c

Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c: Since the 1st of this month, I've been getting Machine check exceptions randomly after booting from 3-4mins to up to 30-40mins after initial boot. This computer hasn't had any hardware changes for almost an entire year since I've built it nor has there been any BSOD until a...