Windows 10: BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting

Discus and support BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone! My HP laptop is barely 2 months old and was working fine until a few days ago. My first BSOD happened on Thursday Oct 1 while video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steph DeLo, Oct 5, 2020.

1. BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting

Hi everyone! My HP laptop is barely 2 months old and was working fine until a few days ago. My first BSOD happened on Thursday Oct 1 while video chatting and I have received about 6 more since then. It usually happens when I am either streaming content or video chatting. The stop code is "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION".

I did all the stuff I was told through lots of research like updating drivers, running diagnostics tests from the start up screen all fine, keeping the laptop cool, uninstalling all 3rd party apps, etc. Finally I said screw it and swiped the entire computer -- only to get another BSOD within 2 hours of using the laptop again ugh. The fact that I reset the whole device and it happened again makes me think it's either a something physically wrong with the device or b there's a problem with Windows. Your support would be greatly appreciated! Here's what I pulled from the reliability history:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 124

Parameter 1: 7

Parameter 2: ffff9e06b3213070

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

:)

Steph DeLo, Oct 5, 2020

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Video streaming

Hi Ray,

The outdated or corrupted driver could cause this issue with your computer. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried
      updating your drivers
      ?
    • Have you tried another video streaming link?
    • How many applications running on your computer while playing video or watching live streaming?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting

video streaming

Hi,

We appreciate your time responding back to us and being patient to get this issue resolved. With how you describe your concern, you're watching YouTube videos over the internet. Streaming videos will store a lot of cache and cookies in your browser's memory.
    We suggest that you clear the cache and cookies of your browser. Kindly follow these steps to clear cache and cookies:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open the
      Delete Browsing History window.
    • Mark all of the checkboxes (optional).
    • Click Delete and close Internet Explorer.

After clearing the cache and cookies, check if the issue is fixed.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting

1. BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting - Similar Threads - BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION streaming

2. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  3. Machine_check_Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine_check_Exception BSOD: Hi, I've been having crashes for almost a year now and I haven't been able to figure out why so yesterday I decided to delete all my files and reinstall Windows 10 and I still got a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD crash. Also, the crashes only happens when I'm playing a game...
  4. BSOD occurring when streaming videos or randomly

BSOD occurring when streaming videos or randomly: Hi, I'm getting BSODs randomly sometimes and frequently when I'm trying to stream videos online. I have reset windows but it didn't solve the problem. I have performed windows memory diagnostics and dell hardware diagnostics and everything was Ok. These BSODs started...
  5. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception: Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following...
  6. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  7. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD: For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has simply frozen during play, sound crashed loudly, and the machine has not responded to any keyboard or mouse input. Graphics...
  8. Bsod - machine_check_exception

Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hello Ladies & Gents! I'm a SevenForums member, DreadStar/DreadStarX! It's been a long time since I've been on here, and found that SF/EF/TF is one of the best resources for OS Problems. So, here's the problem. When I boot up VMWare Workstation, and attempt to...
  9. BSOD machine_check_exception when attaching a secondary drive

BSOD machine_check_exception when attaching a secondary drive: Hi guys, I just built a new PC: MSI X99A Sli Plus PSU Cooler Master V550 5820K DDR4 32GB Nvidia Quadro K2200 Samsung SM951 256 GB M.2 boot drive I installed Windows 10 PRO, and played with it for some hours with no problems. I also run Intel XTU to stress it...
  10. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video: I get BSOD with only this error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL It only happens when I am streaming video youtube, netflix etc. I tied rolling back video drivers and network drivers and nothing has changed. Happens with edge browser and chrome. I have also ran a memory check...