Windows 10: BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

Discus and support BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShadeAeternum, Sep 18, 2019.

1. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C)

On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed

On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x11D)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9C (0x0, 0xFFFF96005B5D5D70, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

This seems to happen only when I'm using a web browser (and since I most likely use chrome, when I use chrome).

When I game or do other things I don't seem to encounter this BSOD. It does not happen recursively.

I already tried to rollback some drivers without any results.

sfc /scannow or dism didn't corrected the issue. (Even though it restored properly windows integrity since sfc had found corruptions which it couldn't resolve, then after dism it managed to.)

Here is the minidump with the crash which happen

Could you please help me to resolve the issue and find the cause?

Best regards.

:)

ShadeAeternum, Sep 18, 2019

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 18, 2019
  3. a_ump Win User
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bsod

well i recently built my friend a computer with the following specs

Athlon II x2 250(3ghz),
    g.skill 4gb 2x2gb ddr2 1066,
    Biostar TA790GX XE AM2+/AM3
    OCZ modxstrem Pro 600w

now we put it together no problem, it boots up fine every time. The problem we're having is that i insert the windows vista installation disc and it starts to load but every single time it gets to the end of the loading bar there's bout 2 sec where the screen is blackish n then a BSOD stating this

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

now i googled this real quick as i have to go to work and what i found out is that this is usually due to a hardware issue. But wouldn't there be other side affects? i have to go to work but any comments will be greatly appreciated. be back at 9.

a_ump, Sep 18, 2019
  4. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD - MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Hi,

I got BSOD twice for MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and i followed this wiki to check my drivers:

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

I got DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION .

Here are the minidumps and specs of my pc.

One drive link

Steps already performed:

1) Ran a system file check (SFC) -> All good. Ran it three times.

2) Did driver verifier and got DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION

3) Minidump for DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION included in one drive.

MehulMittal, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

1. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception - Similar Threads - BSOD Machine_Check_Exception

2. [WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hi,I'm using windows 11 pro x64, and today i got bsod after a complete freezei can't find minidump, i waited 1 hour for microsoft to save data, but didn't loaded above 0% on bsod screen with stop code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I was using microsoft edge with 14 tabs, steam,...
  3. [WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [WINDOWS 11] Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hi,I'm using windows 11 pro x64, and today i got bsod after a complete freezei can't find minidump, i waited 1 hour for microsoft to save data, but didn't loaded above 0% on bsod screen with stop code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I was using microsoft edge with 14 tabs, steam,...
  4. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe: I set up my PC in the middle of last year and after a few months I started to see some blue screens all the same, always when playing a game. My specs:CPU: I5-9400F GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce Oc Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M H 2.0 RAM : HyperX Fury 2666Mhz 2x 8GB PSU :...
  5. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009c ntoskrnl.exe: I set up my PC in the middle of last year and after a few months I started to see some blue screens all the same, always when playing a game. My specs:CPU: I5-9400F GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce Oc Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M H 2.0 RAM : HyperX Fury 2666Mhz 2x 8GB PSU :...
  6. BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I switched my GPU from a GTX 1060 6GB to an RTX 2060 Super this summer, since then I have started to experience complete computer crashes every ~2 weeks or so. It happens at any random moment, while watching Youtube vids, gaming or other tasks. My monitors completely freeze...
  7. BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

BSOD with error code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I switched my GPU from a GTX 1060 6GB to an RTX 2060 Super this summer, since then I have started to experience complete computer crashes every ~2 weeks or so. It happens at any random moment, while watching Youtube vids, gaming or other tasks. My monitors completely freeze...
  8. BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" when streaming or video chatting: Hi everyone! My HP laptop is barely 2 months old and was working fine until a few days ago. My first BSOD happened on Thursday Oct 1 while video chatting and I have received about 6 more since then. It usually happens when I am either streaming content or video chatting. The...
  9. Fairly regular BSOD machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fairly regular BSOD machine_check_exception: Hi everyone, For a while now, I have been experiencing BSOD on my PC. PC is fairly new, within the past 18 months or so. There does not appear to be a pattern in relation to activity and triggering the BSOD. One minute I will be working, the next my PC will crash. The PC...
  10. Machine_check_exception BSOD

Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...