Windows 10: BSOD - memory corruption

Discus and support BSOD - memory corruption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I had a BODS problem with my computer and I have got the dump files. It prompts the most probably ably reason is "memory_corruption". Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gaot10018, May 20, 2020.

1. gaot10018 Win User

BSOD - memory corruption

Yesterday I had a BODS problem with my computer and I have got the dump files. It prompts the most probably ably reason is "memory_corruption".

Here are the dump files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zuy9C2Syce6IbUvOZYZDm_oBAyUms2T/view?usp=sharing,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/192zRU7dva_tD-Ot3po-a66HNv6zg48sU/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J0eTaNJqzeOonMJT7f4W1NBMjZ3EapEm/view?usp=sharing,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a69z-3iTu4XZLoqwWjmuX4kPDkrmeH1E/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMo4B3Zhza5zUslJfb5YGNYLVpNDptJO/view?usp=sharing

:)

gaot10018, May 20, 2020

2. BSODs with corrupt pagefile - Is That Possible?

Past couple of days I have been having random BSODS. A few examples of the messages was - Memory management / IRQL less than or equal to/ Thread could not be activated/ Page Pool something or other.

First BSODS I have had on this relatively new system so decided to take everything back to stock and test each part. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit BTW.

HDtune error check - fine
    Memtest86 - 10 passes fine
    Prime 95 - 7hrs overnight fine
    Graphics card - furmark/3DMark fine

Go to play a bit of WOW last night and it locks up straight away with memory management issue. So I looked into it a bit and read that it could possibly be a virtual memory/pagefile issue and that if it is corrupted it may cause these issues.

I then set the pagefile to zero and enabled clear pagefile on shutdown in the registry. When it rebooted I let the amount be set by Windows and disabled the registry entry for clearing it on shutdown and will see how it goes.

I had never heard of this issue before causing BSODS, is it common and what should be the next step if I get another one today with the new pagefile in place?

LifeOnMars, May 20, 2020
  3. explorer.exe corrupted

Hello,

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Try all the above mentioned steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 20, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

BSOD - memory corruption

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 20, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - memory corruption

1. BSOD - memory corruption - Similar Threads - BSOD memory corruption

2. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory corruption BSOD?: My computer has recently been crashing randomly and giving BSODs, and the minidump files indicate that ntkrnlmp.exe is at fault. I think this may be due to memory corruption and maybe drivers.I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it detected no problems as seen in...
  3. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory corruption BSOD?: My computer has recently been crashing randomly and giving BSODs, and the minidump files indicate that ntkrnlmp.exe is at fault. I think this may be due to memory corruption and maybe drivers.I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it detected no problems as seen in...
  4. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Facing BSOD with memory corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing BSOD with memory corruption: Recently I started getting interrupted with bsod while playing games that use a lot of memory. Is there any way you can narrow this down for me? Could it be a page file issue or an actual fault with my RAM sticks. Please find the dmp data below....
  6. Memory corruption BSOD

Memory corruption BSOD: I've been running into the BSOD last few days and from what i've managed to find, it's a memory corruption issue. I've not been able to notice any patterns in particular when these crashes happen either. I did however take a look at my MEMORY.DMP file with a friend but I'm a...
  7. BSOD Memory Corruption

BSOD Memory Corruption: Hi Ive been getting BSOD and also freeze screens. Second time now ive done windows clean install but eventually this issue comes back. Now i managed to save a mini dump file as uploaded here if you can kindly check please. thanks
  8. Persistent BSODs memory corruption

Persistent BSODs memory corruption: Hello, I'm posting here after lots of fruitless googling around to find the answer. I hope I'm in the right place. Is anyone able to lend a hand in figuring out why I keep getting BSODs every couple weeks? Latest minidump is pasted in below. I've memchecked, chkdsk'd and...
  9. Memory Corruption BSOD

Memory Corruption BSOD: System Build: MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z-370H GAMING CPU: Intel i7 8700k SDD: Samsung Evo 550 Display: GeForce GTX 760 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2133 A foreword, this build is only about 1 year old, except for the 760. I have had various blue screens...
  10. Multiple IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod with memory corruption bsod's

Multiple IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod with memory corruption bsod's: Hello. I got multiple bsod's in any day when using my laptop. Some of them blaming hardware fault, others just that memory is corrupted. Here is link to answers.microsoft.com thread and there is seen what i have done so far. After last post there i have alredy got new...