Windows 10: BSOD message if computer is rebooted without a USB mouse or keyboard connected

Discus and support BSOD message if computer is rebooted without a USB mouse or keyboard connected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I do not have a USB mouse or keyboard connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports on my computer, the device will continue to produce a BSOD and reboot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnM_III, May 18, 2020.

1. JohnM_III Win User

BSOD message if computer is rebooted without a USB mouse or keyboard connected

If I do not have a USB mouse or keyboard connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports on my computer, the device will continue to produce a BSOD and reboot. Once I plug a USB mouse or keybard or even a USB mouse/keyboard receiver into a USB port, then it will boot properly. I had this issue 2 years ago and was able to fix it with updating Windows. I recently ran another Windows update and the issue is back again.

BSOD message if computer is rebooted without a USB mouse or keyboard connected [​IMG]

Here is the list of my most recent updates:

BSOD message if computer is rebooted without a USB mouse or keyboard connected 3df547fc-aa6a-40f4-8f30-fa6dd485d9ee?upload=true.png

:)

JohnM_III, May 18, 2020

2. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 18, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

USB connected wireless keyboard and mouse not connecting.

As Canadian Tech suggests, confirm that you have fresh batteries in the keyboard and mouse. There should be a light on each of those devices that will indicate that the device is powered on.

What is the make and model of the keyboard/mouse combo?

Is the "USB receiver" the one that came with the wireless keyboard and mouse?

In general, wireless keyboard/mice will only work with the receiver that comes with them. If you just purchased this hardware, and nothing happens when you insert the USB receiver into a USB port on your computer (i.e., do you hear the "bong" USB connect
    sound?), first try all of the other USB ports. If still no joy, the hardware is likely defective and you should contact the vendor.

You can double-check whether the problem is the keyboard, mouse, or receiver as follows:

• Open Device Manager (click Start, type Device Manager into the Search box, and press Enter)
    • Double-click "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" to expand the category
    • Make a note of the items in this category; there may be quite a few -- if you don't think you can remember all of the names, just count how many items there are
    • Connect the USB receiver for the keyboard/mouse to a USB port
    • You should here the USB-connect sound and another item should appear in the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category
    • Although it shouldn't be necessary, if you don't see an additional item, click "Scan for hardware changes" in the Device Manager "Action" menu
    • If you don't see the new item, either the USB port or the USB receiver is defective.
    Example:

BSOD message if computer is rebooted without a USB mouse or keyboard connected 04af5f07-9b3a-4f94-89c9-789db1626264?upload=true.jpg

Thema:

1. BSOD message if computer is rebooted without a USB mouse or keyboard connected - Similar Threads - BSOD message computer

2. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken: Hello,I have a Microsoft kit with keybord + mouse this ones: https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/wireless-desktop-900, and they are fantastic. It happens that unfortunately I broke the USB dongle. Without that, I am not being able to use those...
  3. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken: Hello,I have a Microsoft kit with keybord + mouse this ones: https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/wireless-desktop-900, and they are fantastic. It happens that unfortunately I broke the USB dongle. Without that, I am not being able to use those...
  4. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot: This is an error I have experienced on multiple laptops and with multiple brands of docks and I can't seem to find a solution but maybe someone here knows one.After a fresh reboot of my laptop I plug it into my USB-C dock the dock is connected to a monitor with HDMI, mouse...
  5. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot: This is an error I have experienced on multiple laptops and with multiple brands of docks and I can't seem to find a solution but maybe someone here knows one.After a fresh reboot of my laptop I plug it into my USB-C dock the dock is connected to a monitor with HDMI, mouse...
  6. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mouse Without Borders keyboard connection fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders keyboard connection fails: I am trying to use Mouse Without Borders on two PCs (A and B). I want to use A's mouse and keyboard to control B. I managed to make it work, but then the keyboard connection unexpectedly stopped working in the desired direction (A controls B), but continued to work in the...
  8. Computer reboots without BSOD, sometimes with BSOD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer reboots without BSOD, sometimes with BSOD.: Hello all, Currently running Windows 10 Version 1909. I have been getting random reboots for about a month now. It started out as BSOD's and ranged with the errors that it got: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Sometimes it can go a week without a...
  9. Mouse connection bluetooth without usb receiver

Mouse connection bluetooth without usb receiver: Hi, can I connect Microsoft mouse 1737 without using usb receiver? I have only one usb port in my laptop and I need it for another device. thanks,...
  10. Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected): After I finished installing Windows 10 to my Windows 7 computer, it began to misbehave and not function correctly. After that, the keyboard and mouse stopped working (The cursor was gone completely). I tried restarting the computer but that didn't work. I am stuck on the...