Windows 10: bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin

Discus and support bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; as title said, happens mostly playing PLayerunknwon battleground, also have issue that this game crashes alot. but it also happens when i do nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xledruidx, Oct 13, 2017.

1. xledruidx Win User

bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin

as title said, happens mostly playing PLayerunknwon battleground, also have issue that this game crashes alot. but it also happens when i do nothing just surf youtube etc. thanks in advance for your help.

:)

xledruidx, Oct 13, 2017
  2. Taklop Win User

Windows 10 BSOD (driver irql, clock watchdog)

I have a relatively new system running W10. When I first got it around 6 months ago it would BSOD and I thought nothing of it as the hardware was brand new and so was the OS, and as such expected a few teething issues.

However, the issues still continue. My PC BSODs at various times, specifically : while playing games (Rust and Diablo, but also a few others), and also more occasionally at boot. (Causing the system to reboot again).

While playing games it BSODs frequently, often hourly or even more frequently than that.

These BSODs are mostly: driver irql_less_or_not_equal, or clock watchdog timeout.

All my drivers are up to date, and so is my windows installation.

I've tried running stress tests and memory diagnostics, and it doesn't seem to be a hardware fault.

What do I do?

Taklop, Oct 13, 2017
  3. ZachFacee Win User
    BSOD Playing Assassins Creed: Origins

I just installed my new GPU, the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti and downloaded Assassins Creed: Origins to try it out. I run the game find at 60fps on high graphics but keep blue screening very randomly. I have blue screened anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes of
    game play both in the menu and in the graphically intensive game itself.

The problem is that I have been checking my temperatures of the CPU and GPU and while the CPU is being used up almost to 100% most of the time while playing I never see the temp rise over 50-60 degrees before BSOD.

These are the Minidump reports as well as my Msinfo32 file.

Minidump.rar

Thanks bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin :)

ZachFacee, Oct 13, 2017
  4. xledruidx Win User

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin [​IMG]

xledruidx, Oct 14, 2017
  5. xledruidx Win User

here is the health scan also

xledruidx, Oct 14, 2017
  6. xledruidx Win User

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    995584 file records processed. File verification completed.
    17241 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    1294416 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Cleaning up 1605 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 1605 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 1605 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    149417 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    38746904 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ...
    995568 files processed. File data verification completed.

Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ...
    131586911 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

975795508 KB total disk space.
    447970216 KB in 584461 files.
    334404 KB in 149418 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    1143244 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    526347644 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    243948877 total allocation units on disk.
    131586911 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
    00 31 0f 00 66 32 0b 00 82 c5 13 00 00 00 00 00 .1..f2..........
    06 05 00 00 5d 6f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ....]o..........

Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.

Chkdsk was executed in read-only mode on a volume snapshot.

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.
    Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

995584 file records processed. File verification completed.

17249 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

1294856 index entries processed. Index verification completed.

0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.

149637 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...

35621880 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

975795508 KB total disk space.
    447867256 KB in 612727 files.
    353264 KB in 149638 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    1140308 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    526434680 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    243948877 total allocation units on disk.
    131608670 allocation units available on disk.

xledruidx, Oct 17, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    The memtest86+ version 5.01 passed with 8 GB, 26 passes, 0 errors.

For the HD Tune please post images of the health scan (There was a mention in post #4 but there was no image or link)

1) Please open the MSI website and enter the computers serial or product number with operating system to find the best link for drivers.

2) Post the link into the thread for the computers configuration and operating system.

3) The best way to fix the misbehaving Nvidia driver is to uninstall everything Nvidia using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the computer manufacturer's website or from the Nvidia website.

The computer manufacturer's web site is preferred.
    Enter the computer's serial or product number and the operating system to view available drivers.

If you use the Nvidia web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver.

Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

NVIDIA

4) Open device manager and update driver: jmccgp.sys (JMicron USB Composite Device Lower Filter Driver)
    Updating a driver: Updating a driver. - Microsoft Community

5) After you complete the above driver updates please post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

6) Place the computer in typical use and see if there are bsod.
    If there are any please post a new zip for any bsod.

zbook, Oct 17, 2017
  8. xledruidx Win User

health report
    i updated nvidie driver(after using DDU) and updated my computer configuration if you press the my computer under my reply it should show the updated spec.

for the jmicron i looked but did not find it at all. maybe it is named something else? could not find it under device manager at all.JON-PC-18_10_2017_191910,56.zip

xledruidx, Oct 17, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Open the MSI website and enter the computer's model and/or serial or product number and operating system and post into the thread the URL for the drivers.

Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > expand all entries in device manager > post images into the thread.

zbook, Oct 17, 2017
  10. xledruidx Win User
    added the pictures on the msi site is not that easy its a whitebook barebone. but according to where i bought its the Overview for GT60 2OD | MSI Global

xledruidx, Oct 21, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    With the link that you provided I navigated though the MSI website and found a webpage for the drivers.
    Support For GT60 2OD | MSI Global
    The MSI website has only supported drivers through Windows 8.1.
    Please confirm that this is the applicable webpage for your computer's configuration and operating system.
    The bios on the computer is: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E16F4IG6.70C, 22.07.2013
    Check for an updated bios: MSI Global
    Under the utility tab there is help desk software: Support For GT60 2OD | MSI Global
    There are some under the utility tab that have release date 2017.
    Look through all of the drivers on the website for updated software/firmware/drivers.
    In device manager right click on each listing in the USB section > left click properties > left click diver tab > left click driver details
    In case the driver is not found in this section also view the drivers in the human interface section that have USB in the listing.
    Look for: jmusbccgp JMicron USB Composite Device Lower Filter Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\jmccgp.sys
    Updating a driver: Updating a driver. - Microsoft Community

zbook, Oct 21, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Oct 22, 2017
  13. xledruidx Win User

c windows system 32 drivers jmccgp.sys
    found it is USB\VID_1532&PID_0024

after google it looks like its razer mamba 2012 driver? i cant find windows 10 drivers for this. what do i do? try and download latest on razer website?

also i added newest bsod

xledruidx, Oct 23, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    Please post the Sea Tool for Windows results on the when available.
    Were you able to find the driver using device manager?
    The zip in post #12 when opened was blank.
    Please post a new zip: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Oct 23, 2017
  15. xledruidx Win User
    i think so yes. it is c:\windows\system32\drivers\jmccgp.sys the device is called usb composite device. provider jmicron technology corp file version 1.0.4.2 i have 2 listnings that are not greyed out
    USB\VID_0D8C&PID_000C on the first
    USB\VID_1532&PID_0024 on the second
    not able to find newer version as of yet, as im unsure what im looking for since both have different hardware ids.
    adding new bsod and smart and short generic scan. the long generic scan is done tomorrow.

xledruidx, Oct 24, 2017
Thema:

1. bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin - Similar Threads - bsod frequent playing

2. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  3. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  4. BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games: Split from this thread.Hi can you help me too i always experiencs bsod memory management mostly while playing Games. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x000000000000003f, 0x0000000000061c5e, 0x00000000b0f35efb, 0x0000000024549047. this...
  5. BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games: Split from this thread.Hi can you help me too i always experiencs bsod memory management mostly while playing Games. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x000000000000003f, 0x0000000000061c5e, 0x00000000b0f35efb, 0x0000000024549047. this...
  6. Frequent BSODs while playing games

Frequent BSODs while playing games: Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the main game I play). At first the BSODs had system service exception, page fault in unpaged area errors as the causes. I noticed...
  7. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  8. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...
  9. BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming

BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming: The BSOD's I was getting at first, while gaming ( World of Warcraft Mainly) were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and wdf01000.sys . This has been happening for some time now but was unable to resolve the issue after updating the wireless adapter...
  10. BSOD while gaming, also randomly

BSOD while gaming, also randomly: Hi, I've been getting a bsod usually while gaming (Witcher 3) but also can happen just during standard web browsing etc, hopefully someone can tell me whats going on, thanks I have run sfc/scannow and its come up saying that everything is fine. Attachment 115752 73923