Windows 10: BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2

Discus and support BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can see the bugcheck in the Event Viewer System Log, most days it happens twice a day and a few days it happens several times. It seems to occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkWare2, Feb 26, 2019.

1. MarkWare2 Win User

BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2

I can see the bugcheck in the Event Viewer System Log, most days it happens twice a day and a few days it happens several times. It seems to occur when it's going into Standby from what I can tell.

Here are the DMP and MSINFO files;

https://barcouniforms.sharefile.com/d-sc8a81518367404fa

Thanks

Mark

:)

MarkWare2, Feb 26, 2019

2. Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed

Hi,

I've read most everything about this problem and have tried all the suggestions so far and none seem to work. I ran updates a couple of days ago to my SurfaceBook 2 and now get a blue screen asking me to input a bitlocker recovery key. As others, I have
    never heard of bitlocker before and have not set it up. When I go to address to get my recovery key, it says I have no key. Bitlocker is turned off. My IT department doesn't use it so they have not assigned a key. I've even tried going into the command
    line (per some other suggestions) to see if I can recover any keys there or turn bitlocker off -- no success. This is clearly a MS update and I have a Microsoft computer (so no blaming it on Dell or another company). Any suggestions or fixes? MS want $499
    to talk to someone about this (LOL!).

thanks,

M

MichaelPetersen1, Feb 26, 2019
  3. j6z7 Win User
    SurfaceBook - Microsoft Edge freezes up entire computer

I tried this as you suggested. Clearing all caches etc from Edge. My SurfaceBook froze again. I'm typing this through firefox.

There's no excuse why I would need to reset my brand new surfacebook.. that is just embarrassing.

4. Hawk318 Win User

BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2

Bought a MS Surfacebook with Win 10 installed...

Greg... The download file links on the page you sent me to "do not work" I click on them and get nothing. No files download.

Neither of the links work...when I click either of them, all that happens is the page jumps down to step 3... I've followed all the links and nothing to download...did MS do away with the downloads?

The page(s) (once signed in) ID my Surface just fine, I click next and it takes me to the 'step 1' ...ok, 2 links to download image files in step 2 don't work. It tells me I can download them and install them to 'another computer' and to DL (I guess) 'both'
    the files...

I click on the files and the only thing that happens is the page jumps down to 'step 3' (nothing downloads)

I clicked on the link at the bottom of 'step 3' and it takes me to a help page with no downloads...

The page seems to want me to use my Surface (even after saying I can DL to another PC) As I cannot use my Surface... (main drive is wiped clean) could that be that MS is looking for the Surface before it DLs the files?

Thanks for your time...

Hawk318, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2

1. BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2 - Similar Threads - BSOD SurfaceBook

2. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: eaanticheats.sys error and...
  3. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: eaanticheats.sys error and...
  4. BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a blue screen error and this problem still persists. I put the...
  5. BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11

BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a blue screen error and this problem still persists. I put the...
  6. BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Got a random BSOD, wondering the source of it: 042324-5703-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/872aa2d6-fedd-4eaf-9c76-4feebf5ded8b
  7. BSOD

BSOD: Got a random BSOD, wondering the source of it: 042324-5703-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/872aa2d6-fedd-4eaf-9c76-4feebf5ded8b
  8. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  9. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

"DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  10. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms surfacebook 2 update 2019