Windows 10: BSOD - Need help to understand what's going on

Discus and support BSOD - Need help to understand what's going on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, To start, some technical informations : OS : Windows 10 Pro (18363 with HF KB4560960, up to date) Hardware : i7 6700K (no overclocking done,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/De7z, Jun 11, 2020.

1. /u/De7z Win User

BSOD - Need help to understand what's going on

Hello,

To start, some technical informations :

• OS : Windows 10 Pro (18363 with HF KB4560960, up to date)
    • Hardware : i7 6700K (no overclocking done, and the temperature never rise above 50°c), Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming 3-EU, SSD 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500G, EVGA 1070, Seasonic FOCUS+ 550 W Platinum, 32GB Corsair DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15 Dual
    • Software : Drivers up-to-date, motherboard with last BIOS update.
    • Symptoms : Random BSOD. Sometime 4 in a row, sometime nothing in 4 hours. Could be during boot, during web navigation, during gaming.
    • BSOD details : Kernel Power event 41 category 63

My issue is that despite having configured the minidump, no dump is generated by the system during the crash. (I've checked the Pagefile is used, there are a lot of empty space on C:\)

I've try to :

• Perform a clean install (didn't keep anything, all my static data are stored on my NAS)
    • Unplug all USB devices (only keyboard/mouse connected)
    • Perform memory check (windows build-in, and memcheck from a live USB)

I feel like I'm running out of options, I'm taking any suggestion here !

submitted by /u/De7z
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/De7z, Jun 11, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    help me understand whats causing my bsod

Hi,

For better assistance, please provide the following information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are your running on your device?
    • Can you provide the specifications of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have done so far to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 11, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD - Need help to understand what's going on :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD - Need help to understand what's going on [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

1. BSOD - Need help to understand what's going on - Similar Threads - BSOD Need help

2. Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports: For a couple months now, my housemate's computer has been crashing several times a day, straight to BSOD. We've been hammering at it for a while now, and I'm in deep now. Normally pretty good with such things, but this is a bit further in the weeds than I've gotten before.Not...
  3. Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help understanding BSOD debugging crash reports: For a couple months now, my housemate's computer has been crashing several times a day, straight to BSOD. We've been hammering at it for a while now, and I'm in deep now. Normally pretty good with such things, but this is a bit further in the weeds than I've gotten before.Not...
  4. Need help in understanding this BSOD error I've got

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help in understanding this BSOD error I've got: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: BCCode: f4 BCP1: 0000000000000003 BCP2: FFFFFA8005075B00 BCP3: FFFFFA8005075DE0 BCP4: FFFFF80002D699E0 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service...
  5. Need help in understanding this BSOD error I've got

Need help in understanding this BSOD error I've got: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: BCCode: f4 BCP1: 0000000000000003 BCP2: FFFFFA8005075B00 BCP3: FFFFFA8005075DE0 BCP4: FFFFF80002D699E0 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service...
  6. BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening: I need help fixing this BSOD. I can give a minidump file if needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-i-need-help-understanding-why-its-happening/7412a8bc-9409-4e34-84fb-e75e768217e0
  7. BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening

BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening: I need help fixing this BSOD. I can give a minidump file if needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-i-need-help-understanding-why-its-happening/7412a8bc-9409-4e34-84fb-e75e768217e0
  8. can someone help me understand what is going on with this operating system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can someone help me understand what is going on with this operating system: [ATTACH] I can't believe it. they finally did it. they finally took the boundary and pushed it to unfathomable levels of fuckery. an administrator account is no longer able to have full control over the operating system - why? the ONLY solution to this problem (see image)...
  9. Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium: I've spent countless hours trying to research this so I can understand it and I'm still having issues. If I use software such as Macrium, I can clone my C drive to an SSD so that if my C drive were to fail, I could pop in the SSD and that's it. It's basically like nothing...
  10. Need help understanding a crash report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help understanding a crash report: I've never used these online forums before and I'm not sure how to go about asking for help but my windows has been crashing a lot lately and I have updated all my drivers, factory reset the system, and I think i may have a faulty cpu or motherboard. To my knowledge I have...