Windows 10: BSOD - need to figure out what causing this

Discus and support BSOD - need to figure out what causing this in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there As the user has access to the HP Software Updates, user kicked off the 2 updates in relation to BIOS and NIC firmware upgrade yesterday and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Valdy Valdy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. BSOD - need to figure out what causing this

Hi there

As the user has access to the HP Software Updates, user kicked off the 2 updates in relation to BIOS and NIC firmware upgrade yesterday and come back home and when he started he got the BSOD.

User managed to get into Safe mode and now reboot as normal.

Checked the device and the updates has failed - BIOS and NIC on HP Support software.

I collected the 4 dump files already from this machine. I need a help to analyse this what causing this. I can share these files. It looks like firmware updates caused this but need to confirm.

Thanks

:)

Valdy Valdy, Nov 16, 2020
  2. pstoric Win User

Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

Thanks I'll try those steps after hours one day this week.

As for udpating comptuer specs, when I click "My computer" there is not option for me to edit or change what is shown unless I am lookin in the wrong spot?

BSOD - need to figure out what causing this [​IMG]

pstoric, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys

Original thread here. Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys

Unfortunately, it is locked. nlem64nt.sys is used by NetLib encryptonizer. We had a similar issue with this causing a PFN File List Corrupt BSOD and their support confirmed we needed to upgrade. Hopefully this will help someone out in the future.

ClumsyBadge2309, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Msap14 Win User

BSOD - need to figure out what causing this

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - need to figure out what causing this

1. BSOD - need to figure out what causing this - Similar Threads - BSOD need figure

2. need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD: i have ran everything from IPDT to memory diag to chkdsk,sfc,etc.. they all show that there's no problem so i cant put my finger on it ..here is my minidump: minidump.rarhope anyone can help , thanks....
  3. need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD: i have ran everything from IPDT to memory diag to chkdsk,sfc,etc.. they all show that there's no problem so i cant put my finger on it ..here is my minidump: minidump.rarhope anyone can help , thanks....
  4. need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  6. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  7. BSODs need help figuring out cause

BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  8. BSODs need help figuring out cause

9. Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD

Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD: Hello, Recently, when I upgraded most of my components in my computer everything except GPU I have been getting these strange BSoDs. I've tried searching about them on different forums and concluded that this error does not have a defined answer on how to fix it, but its...
  10. Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD: Can someone help me figure out what's causing this BSOD? It's Win 10 Pro (1909). I've made sure the drivers and BIOS are up to date already and ran sfc /scannow that did repair some errors. ************* Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location...