Windows 10: BSOD None of the advanced options work

Discus and support BSOD None of the advanced options work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 24 7000 series with Windows 10. I turned on my computer and was confronted by the BSOD. At the bottom it said Stop code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by garyjd, Apr 17, 2017.

1. garyjd Win User

BSOD None of the advanced options work

I have a Dell Inspiron 24 7000 series with Windows 10. I turned on my computer and was confronted by the BSOD. At the bottom it said Stop code: critical process died. I've tried a number of the advanced options and none of them work for me. I've tried to start my computer in Safe Mode and all it does is restart and take me back to the BSOD.

:)

garyjd, Apr 17, 2017

2. Stuck in Advanced startup & none of the options work

Hello!

A few days ago my laptop refused to shutdown unless I forced it by holding the off button. This worked a few times but now I can't enter windows.

Every time I startup the computer it will go to the Advanced Startup Options, the options I get is:

Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC

If I enter Troubleshoot, the options I get are:

System Restore(Gives an error),

System Image Recovery,

Startup Repair(I get the message: "It cannot be repaired using start up repair."),

Command Prompt,

UEFI Firmware Settings,

Go back to the previous build(Doesn't work).

Zeid Adabel, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Windows 10 none of the admin options work

Go to this page:

CODE 8007#### - WINDOWS UPDATE

This page is a collection of fixes other users have reported that actually worked for them on these specific error codes. Search for your specific error code in this page.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

and do the process described in "3 Step Windows Trouble Shooting Process: Chkdsk / sfc / Dism"

That is if you can find a way to open a command window. I suspect you will find it difficult. Try <WIN><X> then select Command Prompt(admin).

Since you are not seeing normal stuff on your desktop, it really does sound like profile problems.

Try creating a new Userid

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/13951/...

http://mywindowshub.com/create-windows-10-user-...

Rohn007, Apr 17, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Apr 18, 2017
  5. garyjd Win User
    I appreciate it but the link goes to a 96 page thread with a number of downloads suggested by a number of posters. Where to begin.

garyjd, Apr 18, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Start with the post the link points to by Kyhi. Diownload the 32 or 64 bit ISO. Then jump to the next post. Run #1, 2 and 3.

Ztruker, Apr 19, 2017
  7. garyjd Win User
    Ended up having to reformat.

garyjd, May 1, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Okay, hope it fixes your problem.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD None of the advanced options work - Similar Threads - BSOD None advanced

2. Missing Advanced Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Advanced Power Options: I have a new Asus Zenbook UX431 with W10x64. Stock install. Win Pro. I only have 2 power plans: -'Balanced' -'Asus Recommended' However, when I goto advanced power options, I only have 4 available settings: Background, Sleep, Display, and Battery (see pic) I am missing all...
  3. Printer Advanced Options missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Advanced Options missing: After my latest Windows 10 update I am no longer to scale my print and the print on front and back option is missing from the options. I've removed my HP printer then reinstalled it and it tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a known solution? I saw this issue...
  4. None of Windows 10 recovery options working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    None of Windows 10 recovery options working: I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get past the lock screen, and I can’t - no matter how many times I shut down or restart, the password field never appears. I’ve...
  5. Advanced Options missing

Advanced Options missing: My Advanced Options when i open Troubleshoot only show startup setting, When restart, i press F8 then always open to startup setting. I want use command prompt but it not show! Please help me! Thank for everyone [ATTACH]...
  6. WU Advanced Options not working as expected.

WU Advanced Options not working as expected.: I am running W10 Pro 1803 on 3 systems. To prevent update to 1809 until I want it I set Feature update to 30 day delay and Quality updates to 0 delay. I am not getting Cumulative updates and they are classified as Quality updates per Update History. As soon as I change...
  7. No Advanced Restart Options

in Windows 10 Support
    No Advanced Restart Options: I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up. I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK...
  8. Advance boot options empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Advance boot options empty: I installed Windows 10 Education edition via USB(not an upgrade). Whenever I try to go into the advanced boot menu by holding shift and clicking on restart, the only option I am given is "Turn off your PC". I have formatted and reflashed my computer with an latest windows iso...
  9. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998