Windows 10: BSOD not often, but very random

Discus and support BSOD not often, but very random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A while ago I realized that my intel i7-9700kf wasn't boost clocking to ~4.9 GHz like it was advertised, but instead was locked at 3.6 GHz. Upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HamzaHussain23, Apr 17, 2020.

1. BSOD not often, but very random

A while ago I realized that my intel i7-9700kf wasn't boost clocking to ~4.9 GHz like it was advertised, but instead was locked at 3.6 GHz. Upon looking at device manager, I noticed I got yellow triangles around my processors, so I followed some guides which involved uninstalling and rescanning and whatnot and that managed to fix that issue and my turbo clocking was working as intended.

However recently I've been encountering some rather strange issues. It is not common, but every so often I'd randomly get a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD, and I'm not sure where it's coming from. So far it has happened 3 times, once when I was sitting idle it suddenly crashed, once when I was reading something online whilst something was installing it crashed, and the 3rd, which is the only reproducible crash is whenever I launch a specific game, Assetto Corsa Competizione it crashes before I get to the main menu I tried a handful of games yet this was the only one that crashed.

I feel like it has to do with the turbo boosting, but I monitored CPU voltages and temperatures at the time of crashing at least with the game crashing and they were completely fine for the cpu. If I absolutely must I'd be willing to turn it off, but I feel like there has to be some other issue.

Ran Memtest, Intel CPU Diagnostic and other diagnostic tools and all came out clean.

I've attached a collective zip file that contains all the dumps it's the collection that tenforums provides https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlG8QRyMLDBTimr3o4s-8fWVyDAb?e=jlgPxB

:)

HamzaHussain23, Apr 17, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Apr 17, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD not often, but very random

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

Thema:

BSOD not often, but very random

1. BSOD not often, but very random - Similar Threads - BSOD often very

2. Bsod happens very often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod happens very often: Hello, I have bsod very often, like really, and it can happen randomly. After I used verifier, I wasn't able to load in my pc, I had to restore to my previous point. Could someone help me with it? I would really appreciate it.I will share minidump file here :...
  3. Bsod happens very often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod happens very often: Hello, I have bsod very often, like really, and it can happen randomly. After I used verifier, I wasn't able to load in my pc, I had to restore to my previous point. Could someone help me with it? I would really appreciate it.I will share minidump file here :...
  4. Bsod happens very often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION very often

BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION very often: I'm experiencing very often the BSOD with error code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION while using my desktop Windows 10. I'd like to know if it is a Hardware or Software issue in order to solve this, but I don't know how to do.I created some minidumps and complete memory dumps but...
  6. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION very often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION very often: I'm experiencing very often the BSOD with error code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION while using my desktop Windows 10. I'd like to know if it is a Hardware or Software issue in order to solve this, but I don't know how to do.I created some minidumps and complete memory dumps but...
  7. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION very often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD Very often.

BSOD Very often.: So, I updated my windows and installed a New SSD and Ram. Now I'm getting BSOD very often, like every 30 min If I play games or 2 hrs browsing web. I have created a minidump but I don't know how to analyze it myself. please help if you can. Thank you. Mini Dump File...
  9. Computer BSODs Very Often

Computer BSODs Very Often: Guys, I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer and I am running out of ideas, I saw someone post something similar here almost 10 years ago and they got helpful responses, so here I am. I'll start with the specs of...
  10. Getting BSOD on Windows 10 very often

Getting BSOD on Windows 10 very often: So I am getting the dreaded BSOD on my quite new computer all the time. It can be when trying to import 360 videos, when exiting a newer game or using an office program (word, excel etc). I have done tests on my RAM, which found no errors. I have also run the sfc check which...