Windows 10: BSOD not restarting

Discus and support BSOD not restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There's a lot of BSOD happening recently with all kinds of error codes and it doesn't restart itself after reaching 100%. I need to force my laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonTan5111, Jun 21, 2021.

1. BSOD not restarting

There's a lot of BSOD happening recently with all kinds of error codes and it doesn't restart itself after reaching 100%. I need to force my laptop to shut down every time by holding down the power button.Can anyone help me out with this issue? I've attached some minidumps and my system info in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar7QMzi9OwSxgbdNIn4ptlDxl3RPSQ?e=XRe7YsThank you in advance!!

:)

JasonTan5111, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jun 21, 2021
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD not restarting [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Terrypin Win User

BSOD not restarting

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

BSOD not restarting

1. BSOD not restarting - Similar Threads - BSOD restarting

2. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  3. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  4. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  5. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  6. Memory_Management BSODs only at restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory_Management BSODs only at restart: Hello, i have been getting Memory_Management BSODs since i upgraded my computer. They only happen when i restart the computer, it doesn't happen when i turn off - on maybe because of clean boot. Yesterday it had no desktop icons after startup and windows explorer was not...
  7. Memory_Management BSODs only at restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory_Management BSODs only at restart: Hello, i have been getting Memory_Management BSODs since i upgraded my computer. They only happen when i restart the computer, it doesn't happen when i turn off - on maybe because of clean boot. Yesterday it had no desktop icons after startup and windows explorer was not...
  8. Memory_Management BSODs only at restart

9. PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts randomly with no BSOD: My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for a week, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. Today, my PC was consistently restarting around...
  10. PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

PC restarts randomly with no BSOD: My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for a week, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. Today, my PC was consistently restarting around...