Windows 10: BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe

Discus and support BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Experiencing what appears to be random BSOD events. This has been going on for some time now. I've recently switched from Windows 7 to 10, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Just Watching, Nov 18, 2015.

1. BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe

Experiencing what appears to be random BSOD events. This has been going on for some time now. I've recently switched from Windows 7 to 10, but the problem followed.

Bug check points to ntkrnlmp.exe. An internet search has left me...unenlightened.

When the DSOD happens, I've noted the following explanations by Windows...
    -KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    -KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (X2)
    -SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Occasionally it will fail to POST after BSOD reboot, which made me wonder about hardware. I've run chkdsk which found nothing. I've tried combinations of single and double RAM sticks in every slot, as well as different RAM. Tried a different PSU, too. Ran Memtest86 (8 passes) which didn't find anything either. I've observed the CPU temp. a few times and its always been fine, so don't think it's over heating.

I've attached a dump file. I think I have, anyway (newbie).

:)

Just Watching, Nov 18, 2015
  2. skydean Win User

BSOD cause by ntkrnlmp.exe

Hi Sumit,

here the minidumps file.

BSOD by ntkrnlmp.exe

122117-13890-01.dmp

122117-14796-01.dmp

many thanks for replying

skydean, Nov 18, 2015
  3. 一丁崔 Win User
    Frequently BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e

Hi, I've already used winDbg to debug the dmp file. And I get the information that "

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+29f8e )

"

And i searched about the ntkrnlmp.exe but didn't find any useful information.

I don't know what should I do next... Check the hardware or check the drivers ?

I really need help. The BSOD is so frequently. I could get a BSOD even if I start the OS no more than ten minutes.

Here is the dmp files: Minidump.zip

一丁崔, Nov 18, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe

Hi Just Watching,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please uninstall Gigabyte software, it is known for causing bluescreens.

Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial
    Code: Event[870]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2015-11-16T16:34:43.163 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: FIVE Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote] Please check Realtek for driver updates for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
    Driver Reference Table - rt640x64.sys
    Code: fffff803`2679cac8 fffff801`6b9c29f7Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x129f7 0: kd> lmvm rt640x64 start end module name fffff801`6b9b0000 fffff801`6ba44000 rt640x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Wed Oct 07 17:03:55 2015 (5615345B) CheckSum: 0009543E ImageSize: 00094000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys 0: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff801`6c280000 fffff801`6d78f000 atikmdag (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Sat Aug 22 04:10:03 2015 (55D7D9FB) CheckSum: 014AD277 ImageSize: 0150F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Thank you for the welcome and reply.

I've done all of the above. Now just a case of waiting to see if another BSOD event occurs.

Just Watching, Nov 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    In case another bluescreen appears, just run the dm log collector again, upload the zip and give some description of what happened and what you were doing *Smile

7. Crash1: froze at login screen. No BSOD, not dump.
    Crash2: froze on Youtube homepage. No BSOD, no dump.
    Crash3: BSOD at login (I think).
    Crash4: BSOD trying to post here.
    Crash5: Froze while creating dump file for above.

There might have been another one, I stopped counting.

8. axe0 New Member

BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe

Try to boot in your BIOS to find the frequency and voltage values of the RAM. Let me know what they are.
    These values could cause memory problems if they aren't at the right values of what is supported.
    Also make sure there is no dust inside the case and that the modules of the memory are properly seated.
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system and everything else that is in use.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe [​IMG]

BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe [​IMG]

9. Interestingly, the system spec. tool can't identify the RAM.

The RAM frequency is 1333Mhz and voltage 1.488 (DDR15V is the RAM voltage, right?)

10. axe0 New Member
  11. Motherboard is correct.

Memory, close. It's actually the XMS3 — 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz C9 Memory Kit (CMX8GX3M4A1333C9).
    I previously ran the 1600Mhz version (2x2GB), but my processor only natively supports up to 1333Mhz and I had heard that running frequencies above this could cause instability issues, so switched to 1333Mhz.​

Just Watching, Nov 20, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    You might want to update your system specs then *Smile
    It says 2x4GB.

13. BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe

14. axe0 New Member
    Try to increase the voltage with 0.012 and see how it goes

15. The target voltage is already set at 1.500v but it's achieving 1.488v when I check in status monitoring. So, to clarify, should I set target voltage to 1.512v?

Thema:

BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe

1. BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD ntkrnlmp exe

2. ntkrnlmp cause BSOD.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntkrnlmp cause BSOD.exe: My computer has frequent BSOD, once every 3 days, so I reinstalled Windows, but the BSOD still exists, now once or twice a day, all caused by ntkrnlmp.exe, please help me analyze and solve this annoying problem.My specs:i9-13900knVidia RTX 409032GB RAM *21TB SSD boot drive...
  3. ntkrnlmp cause BSOD.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntkrnlmp cause BSOD.exe: My computer has frequent BSOD, once every 3 days, so I reinstalled Windows, but the BSOD still exists, now once or twice a day, all caused by ntkrnlmp.exe, please help me analyze and solve this annoying problem.My specs:i9-13900knVidia RTX 409032GB RAM *21TB SSD boot drive...
  4. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  5. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  6. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul: Olá, bom dia.Ultimamente ando tendo problemas de tela azul DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION no Windows 10 á um tempo 3 meses, normalmente a tela azul ocorre quando estou com o Roblox aberto. Realizei alguns testes de correções e até agora não fui capaz de resolver o problema.As...
  8. BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul

BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul: Olá, bom dia.Ultimamente ando tendo problemas de tela azul DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION no Windows 10 á um tempo 3 meses, normalmente a tela azul ocorre quando estou com o Roblox aberto. Realizei alguns testes de correções e até agora não fui capaz de resolver o problema.As...
  9. BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul

10. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
Tags: