Windows 10: BSOD - ntoskernel, hal.dll

Discus and support BSOD - ntoskernel, hal.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Info attached. Anyone know what caused this? I was playing Mass Effect 3 at the time. Attachment 74600 47145 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daninthemix, Apr 12, 2016.

1. BSOD - ntoskernel, hal.dll

Info attached. Anyone know what caused this?

I was playing Mass Effect 3 at the time.

Attachment 74600

:)

daninthemix, Apr 12, 2016

2. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+16c3f0. Five times in the last week.

I'm interested in what your BSOD is telling you. Just from what I see, you seem to be having a problem with the ntoskernel, but here are other ways to examine the minidump. Microsoft provides a very efficient method without the need of external chants
    and vapors.

What does your BSOD say to you? What is the exception error message there?

curiousabout life, Apr 12, 2016
  3. AngDean Win User
    hal.dll+35f1f bsod error in Windows 10

OT- hal.dll+35f1f bsod

Hello,

There was a bsod just now, which is the first time I've experienced it - and should I be worrying about it?

This is what I got from BlueScreenView:

071816-24656-01.dmp

18/7/2016 8:23:23 PM

0x00000124

00000000`00000000

ffffe000`2db12028

00000000`b2000000

00000000`00100402

hal.dll

hal.dll+35f1f

x64

ntoskrnl.exe+142940

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071816-24656-01.dmp

What caused this? Thanks!

AngDean, Apr 12, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD - ntoskernel, hal.dll

RAM Clock incompatibility, most probably.
    Your RAM runs at ......
    Code: Speed 2933MHz Manufacturer G-Skill Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number F4-3000C15-8GTZB[/quote] Which your motherboard does not support. It supports: Attachment 74649In those latest systems like Skylake, the RAM is controlled by the CPU, your CPU supports: Attachment 74653IMHO it would be safe to use a 2133 MHz RAM module.

5. So is that literally the only thing it could be? No other possibilities?

6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Other possibilities are there, but as this one is prima facie, it should be taken care of. A hardware incompatibility is not desirable, and it alone can cause the BSODs.

7. Okay, so a bit of background on the RAM. I deliberately bought DDR4-3000 memory because I wanted fast RAM. I enabled the XMP profile but found that @ 3000Mhz, sometimes the PC wouldn't POST. However, at 2933 it always POSTs.

I would be willing to drop it to 2800 if you think that would be worthwhile.

8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Can you drop it to 2133? Will your Rapjaws support it?

9. Yeah, 2133 is stock (XMP disabled). If that's what it'll take for stability then, fine, but I would like faster memory if poss.

10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    2133 is way faster.

Get back to it. See how it goes. If it still BSODs, let us see another log.

Thema:

1. BSOD - ntoskernel, hal.dll - Similar Threads - BSOD ntoskernel hal

2. bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!: Hace 2 meses arme mi pc y desde que empecé a usar Microsoft me dio estos errores ntoskrnl.exe junto con pantallazos azules tales como IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER etc. intente de todo para arreglarlo, desde instalar drivers, reinstalar...
  3. bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!: Hace 2 meses arme mi pc y desde que empecé a usar Microsoft me dio estos errores ntoskrnl.exe junto con pantallazos azules tales como IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER etc. intente de todo para arreglarlo, desde instalar drivers, reinstalar...
  4. bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC: HiI'm getting crashes on my brand new PC. i paid alot for it so please can you help me figure if this is hardware or software issue? specs:ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 - bundkort - ATX - LGA1700 sokkel - Z690Samsung 980 PRO MZ-V8P1T0BW - 1TB - PCI Express 4.0 x4 NVMe...
  6. BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC: HiI'm getting crashes on my brand new PC. i paid alot for it so please can you help me figure if this is hardware or software issue? specs:ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 - bundkort - ATX - LGA1700 sokkel - Z690Samsung 980 PRO MZ-V8P1T0BW - 1TB - PCI Express 4.0 x4 NVMe...
  7. BSOD IRQL not less or equal and ntoskernel

BSOD IRQL not less or equal and ntoskernel: I have been having blue screen of deaths for a while even after updating all of my drivers and checking for any viruses and rolling back some drivers. This fixed most of this issues but this one blue screen error still haunts me. I have linked my minidump files below and also...
  8. Windows=HAL ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows=HAL ?: I hope someone can help as Microsoft techs have been unsuccessful at solving this problem. It appears that Windows 10 (in my case) is protecting itself from being updated along with refusing to allow printers (that's plural) to be used. The problem started around 3 months...
  9. BSOD Ntoskernel, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

BSOD Ntoskernel, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e): Hello My first post AMD CPU FX8350 Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Corsair LP1600Mhz R9 290x This error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) I dont know what it can be, even after reading from windbg, so i need a little help from you. Here is the Windbg full...
  10. BSOD playing WOW and DS2, ntoskernel and others

BSOD playing WOW and DS2, ntoskernel and others: Hello, I have been having trouble with BSOD's with increasing frequency. I have provided links to four dmp files. I would post more, but they don't seem to save themselves even if i let the computer stay on until it hits 100%. Please let me know if you need anymore info!...
Tags: