Windows 10: BSoD, Ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0, BAD_POOL_HEADER, Error 0x019/154/12b

Discus and support BSoD, Ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0, BAD_POOL_HEADER, Error 0x019/154/12b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have been getting BSoD time to time for a 3 months or so... I have tried to track down what is causing it with no luck. I have sfc disks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Miksu, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Miksu Win User

BSoD, Ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0, BAD_POOL_HEADER, Error 0x019/154/12b

Hello!

I have been getting BSoD time to time for a 3 months or so... I have tried to track down what is causing it with no luck. I have sfc disks, ran few passes of memtest (Should do few more later on), updated drivers, if needed, uninstalled programs what might have caused crashes and so on.

Now I am asking helping from people who can really analyze dumps and stuff.
    I added my computer info when registered, but here are those again:

CPU: FX-8350@stock
    MB: Asus M5A97 Pro
    GPU: Asus 780GTX
    RAM: Corsair Ven. LP 2x4GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 830 pro
    HDD: Seagate 2TB green

Also I have been OCing my cpu and gpu in past, with care. No overheating or such has happened in the past. Now everything is stock and bios is on default settings.

Thank you in advance. Sincerely,

Edit: I tried to analyze dumps, seems that once my GPU drivers went haywire, but most important point I noticed corrupted memory part, so I should ran memtest once more for longer, right?

:)

Miksu, Mar 20, 2017

2. As of lately I've had a few BSOD's with a fairly new Laptop, purchased in December 2016 - Asus GL702VM.

Blue screen view says BSOD was caused by ntoskrnl.exe and the address is ntoskrn.exe+14a6f0

Link to minidump files below

Minidumps.rar

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mike O'Reilly, Mar 20, 2017
  3. JBJblaze Win User
    Frequently receiving BAD_POOL_HEADER BSODs on Windows 10

Greetings, fellow Windows folks!

For months now, I've been receiving many BSODs on my laptop. All of them, however, BAD_POOL_HEADER
    BSODs occur the most frequently, and more specifically so caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Here is a link to a screenshot of the latest BSOD entry: http://puu.sh/wrRqR.png

................................ and another to my latest 5 entries caused by ntoskrnl.exe: BSOD Dumpies.zip

Thanks for further help and info!

~

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JBJblaze, Mar 20, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

Two dumpfiles point to memory faults, one even hardware related FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)
    This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.

Please start with diagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+" to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest"
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials
    Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test. Otherwise continue the test for 8-10 passes and post a screenshot with next reply. 8 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will give better result.

The latest dumpfile is
    Code: BugCheck 19, {22, 8000000000000000, 0, 0} Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_RECYCLE_MULTIRANGE:BSoD, Ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0, BAD_POOL_HEADER, Error 0x019/154/12b :Decommit+32726 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 5: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* BAD_POOL_HEADER (19) The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request. This may or may not be due to the caller. The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000022, Arg2: 8000000000000000 Arg3: 0000000000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000[/quote] Stat with updating your Nvdia driver your driver is from nvlddmkm Mon Dec 26 00:58:48 2016

lifetec, Mar 20, 2017
  5. Miksu Win User
    I did 9 passes of memtest86+, nothing.
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    I couldn't attach an image via "Insert image" nor Attachments, so I just uploaded it to imgur.

Anyways, to the point. What would be next steps to figure this out? I was thinking to reformat and reinstall the windows.

Edit: I don't know, if this helps, but I tend not to shutdown my computer like ever. It usually goes crash to crash, usually 10 days straight give or take.

Miksu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSoD, Ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0, BAD_POOL_HEADER, Error 0x019/154/12b - Similar Threads - BSoD Ntoskrnl exe+14a6f0

2. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION 154 - BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION 154 - BSOD: BSOD occurs randomly even when there is no system load but doesnt occur frequently.BSOD occurs on both Windows 10 and 11, already did a clean installation.i have already tried Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found no errors.minidumps are attached:...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  7. BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, Recently I've been getting fairly frequent BSOD (BAD_POOL_HEADER) on my PC. It was around the same time as I moved the PC from one room to another. Perhaps this is merely co-incidental, I don't know, perhaps a driver or something else causes the issues. After the BSODs...
  8. BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header

BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header: I've only just upgraded to Windows 10 and have gotten the BSOD several times during the upgrade. The upgrade did complete, but now the BSOD is random although opening Edge does seem to set it off. Any help would be most appreciated. 31335
  9. Bsod bad_pool_header

Bsod bad_pool_header: My computer bsod randomly when i'm browsing the internet (once every 6 days or so). I'm thinking it's a driver issue but am unsure which drivers to reinstall. This computer is around 3 months old which i built. 71048
  10. BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER

BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER: I had solved my last Blue Screens replacing my RAMS, but now i've got a BSOD.*Mad I was downloading BLACK OPS 3 on Steam and Browsing Internet (Chrome), while editing a file with WordPad. Logs attached. 37087