Windows 10: BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages

Discus and support BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past couple months, I've been having daily BSOD issues (sometimes twice a day), which almost always occur when gaming with multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NastyNik009, Aug 10, 2017.

1. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages

For the past couple months, I've been having daily BSOD issues (sometimes twice a day), which almost always occur when gaming with multiple programs/windows open, but has also occurred a couple times when just using the browser. I downloaded a program called WhoCrashed to help analyze my dump files, and while my BSOD issues are not only linked to this module, most of them are so I figured that this would be the first one to tackle.

WhoCrashed says that each crash was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe, but there are various error messages associated with this module in each crash such as "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA", "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE", and "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL."

From the WhoCrashed analysis and some very brief research I've done online, this seems to be a mysterious software/driver issue, so the first thing I did was update all of my drivers and run a memory diagnostic test, but the issues still remain. I'd prefer to exhaust any other possibilities before resorting to wiping and reformatting my whole computer, which I'm not 100% sure would resolve this issue if it ends up being hardware related, but I'm ready to expect the worst.

The DM Log file is attached to this post.

Please let me know if you are able provide any insight or if I need to provide any more information. I'd really appreciate it...thanks!

:)

NastyNik009, Aug 10, 2017

2. Constant BSOD Crashes with Various Error Messages

Hi Garrett,

Your concern regarding the device crashing with a blue screen error can be caused by either hardware compatibility or driver related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

While we're analyzing the .dmp file that you've attached in your post, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and restore health
    DISM command to rule out any issues related to corrupted system files. To do this, you can follow the steps on this
    Forum Article created by community MVP
    ZigZag3143. In addition, try to uninstall any programs/software that you recently installed on your device. Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 10, 2017
  3. Constant BSOD Crashes with Various Error Messages

For the last 2 weeks or so I have been having constant issues with crashes on my laptop. The error messages that I have been given have included:

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgmms2.sys)
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32base.sys)
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Wdf01000.sys)
    But may not necessarily be limited to that as these are the ones I remember showing up. As far as I can tell it is an issue with a driver although I am not sure which one. The diagnostic tests I have tried running don't tell me what driver failed and neither
    do the error messages. I am at a loss for what to do. The .dmp files are
    here

This is my computer:

HP Spectre x360 13-AC023DX 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD

Here are my system specs (from Speccy):

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 7500U @ 2.70GHz 54 °C

Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 930MHz (14-17-17-40)

Motherboard

HP 827E (U3E1)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 620 (HP)

Storage

476GB SAMSUNG MZVLW512HMJP-000H1 (Unknown)

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)

Any help at this point is appreciated.

Thanks,

Garrett

GarrettSchneider1, Aug 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages [​IMG]

5. Okay, I believe I added all of my specs with as much detail as I can. Thank you very much for your replay, and please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

NastyNik009, Aug 10, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Remove DriverEasy and revert back any driver installations done by it.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

7. Okay, so I uninstalled DriverEasy, but I'm not sure which drivers/files it modified or if I have a restore point to go back to, so I'm unsure of how to properly revert back any driver installations done by DriverEasy.

I just got done running the MemTest86 and went 9 passes without an error. I've attached a picture of the results.

Attachment 148612

NastyNik009, Aug 12, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Best way to remove those drivers is by a clean install.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe With Various Error Messages - Similar Threads - BSOD ntoskrnl exe

2. BSOD errors PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD errors PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl: Continue to receive these ... rand system file checker and also updated all drivers from Dells site.I have the dump files how can i attach them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-errors-psheddll-and-ntoskrnl/e28e8852-6a2f-47ea-a539-2551c8c718e8
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  5. Various BSOD Messages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Various BSOD Messages: Been getting random BSOD Messages - would appreciate some help in determining possible cause heres a link to the DMP files https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0upvvf6te6lsuq/050820-18625-01.zip?dl=0 thanks!...
  6. BSOD crashes with various messages.

BSOD crashes with various messages.: Hello! My recently built PC has been crashing at different times and occasions.Below you can find my PC build, actions I have taken so far and a link to my recent minidump files. Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance! PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Vega 11 ASrock B450...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. Various BSOD messages

Various BSOD messages: Over the last few weeks i have been having various BSOD and different messages each time, ranging from BAD_POOL_HEADER KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL All of these are preceded with the screen pixels all crashing into lines and buzzing sound. I...
  10. BSOD various ntoskrnl

BSOD various ntoskrnl: Hi guys! Made a fresh Win10 install with just basic software (Like whocrashed) I have tried using the Guru3Ds tool to remove all traces of old video card drivers and installed the newest ones without any extra software or bloatware. Have ran Memtest for 24 hours without a...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win32base.sys must be non paged