Windows 10: BSOD nvlddmkm.sys after running a gpu program (memory curroptions)IRQL

Discus and support BSOD nvlddmkm.sys after running a gpu program (memory curroptions)IRQL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, after running my program (hashcat) the computer just crash, its the first time this thing happen to me. i have try to uninstall all the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by does12, Apr 19, 2017.

1. does12 Win User

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys after running a gpu program (memory curroptions)IRQL

hi,
    after running my program (hashcat) the computer just crash, its the first time this thing happen to me.
    i have try to uninstall all the windows latest update that occurred before the crashs
    i have uninstalled and installed the latest nvidia drivers

i have opened my dmp in windbg and it says memory curroptions (i dont know what does it mean), (i have 128gb)
    so i came here to get some help ^.^

i have attached the dump to this post
    and here the log of the dump

thanks alot in advance

:)

does12, Apr 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 - BSOD - Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS)

Hi,

my problem was not in instalation of drivers but in BSOD described above. But I tried to update GPU driver in device manager and it said I am using the newest one (341.74), however when I went to NVIDIA webpage I found newly added
    GPU driver 341.88 (added few hours ago). It has also a release highlight stating:

"This driver adds security updates for the driver components nvlddmkm.sys and nv4_mini.sys."

My BSOD was 9/10 times TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) so I am looking forward that my problem will be fixed from now on.

However I will update you in 2 or 3 days when stability of my system will be confirmed.

Peter

PeterBavala, Apr 19, 2017
  3. IRQL less than or equal to (BSOD) when playing Black Desert Online

Thanks aileen for the reply. There is no other information in the blue screen except for "IRQL less than or equal to". I only get that bsod when running black desert. However, now im getting a new BSOD just surfing the net, it reads "POOL DETECTED MEMORY
    CORRUPTION".

daskas_635, Apr 19, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

5. does12 Win User
    does12, Apr 19, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys after running a gpu program (memory curroptions)IRQL [​IMG]

Code: 5: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff803`58180000 fffff803`58ffa000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_e69a53b8ddde469c\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Sat Apr 1 03:26:23 2017 (58DF01BF) CheckSum: 00E2C8D8 ImageSize: 00E7A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. does12 Win User
    [/quote] hey,
    thanks for answering,
    i have try but the result is the same.
    i have tried guru3d
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.3

was no sign of the driver, i also check in C drive for any existen of nvlddmkm.sys but i did not find any.
    (by the way the i analyze the dump from my other pc and not the pc that had the bsod if this is important)

does12, Apr 20, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

What do you mean no sign of the driver?

9. does12 Win User
    no sign of the driver file aka "nvlddmkm.sys"
    after removing the driver with guru3d i wanted to make sure it got removed so i looked for nvlddmkm.sys .

does12, Apr 20, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    If the newest driver doesn't help, try an older version.
    You could also run memtest86 if you'd like

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

11. does12 Win User
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test. im not near my pc, so booting up from a usb is not an option at the moment :S

after seeing the dumps u think its the ram?

does12, Apr 20, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    A driver is trying to move instructions to a memory address that is not valid, more likely is the driver the issue but RAM can't be ruled out without testing.

13. philc43 Win User

Let me know if you still need help after updating your graphics driver and testing your RAM.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD nvlddmkm.sys after running a gpu program (memory curroptions)IRQL - Similar Threads - BSOD nvlddmkm sys

2. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  3. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  4. Multiple BSOD's - IRQL & Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's - IRQL & Memory: Just started one morning, no updates or changes or anything, I noticed YouTube videos were crashing me and was giving me IRQL and memory management errors. It's gotten progressively worse, frequent crashes per day and I've had a few times where it freezes and my screen gets...
  5. Multiple BSOD's - IRQL & Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's - IRQL & Memory: Just started one morning, no updates or changes or anything, I noticed YouTube videos were crashing me and was giving me IRQL and memory management errors. It's gotten progressively worse, frequent crashes per day and I've had a few times where it freezes and my screen gets...
  6. Multiple BSOD's - IRQL & Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Memory, BSOD, IRQL Asus Rog

Memory, BSOD, IRQL Asus Rog: Hello there, I am having some issues lately with my laptop, they started mostly after i clean installed windows 10 20h2 update, but i am not sure its the reason. Anyhow, It so happens that the google chrome started giving an error that memory is low and chrome stopped...
  8. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal L1C63x64.sys

BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal L1C63x64.sys: I am getting this error every time I try to open a browser window. I have seen others with the same question, and I have tried to resolve the issue using the steps listed on their questions. Those steps do jot work for me. Any help would be very welcome....
  9. BSOD IRQL Not less or Equal Error wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD IRQL Not less or Equal Error wdf01000.sys: After installing a Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre I'm getting the above error. It's fine when I'm using the computer. But when I leave for awhile, say an hour or so, and come back I have a BSOD. Not everytime maybe once or twice a day. I'm also getting a...
  10. IRQL , Pool Curroption , Memory management HELP!

IRQL , Pool Curroption , Memory management HELP!: Hi, So for the past two weeks i have been recieving lots of BSOD's. Most of them are IRQL not less than Equal , then memory management. I have tried doing the driver verification only to have it consitantly loop (which is what it supposed to do) for me to then turn it...
Tags: