Windows 10: BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

Discus and support BSOD nvlddmkm.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded from 7 to 10 last june 2016. Machine was working fine until last week when it crashed and screen freeze with black screens. yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spyslayer, Feb 10, 2017.

1. spyslayer Win User

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

Hi,
    I upgraded from 7 to 10 last june 2016. Machine was working fine until last week when it crashed and screen freeze with black screens. yesterday my screen freeze again when i am using a few applications that are graphic intensive...
    last week, i have a BSOD:

DRIVER IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL
    nvlddmkm.sys

yesterday, the BSOD:
    stop code: Page Fault In Nonpaged Area
    what failed: nvlddmkm.sys

i did a system restore today after windows hang a few times on the spinning circle during startup.
    DM log and system info files attached.
    thanks for your help in advance!

:)

spyslayer, Feb 10, 2017

2. Stopcode

Windows 10 BSOD Nov 30, 2016: stopcode: system thread not handled, What failed- nvlddmkm.sys.

WilliamRBolton, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Tank.1 Win User
    Windows 10 nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled

Upon attempting to install graphic drivers, during the installer I get a BSOD saying nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled. What failed: nvlddmkm.sys, if I point it to the .inf for the driver it will install it, but upon reboot Windows will BSOD
    at the swirling dots and require going into safemode and removing the drivers to be able to get back in normally.

Any ideas what's going on with this?

Mini dump Dropbox - 011618-10890-01.dmp

Tank.1, Feb 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys [​IMG]

Code: 2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff808`29900000 fffff808`2a6d9000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_desktop_ref4wu.inf_amd64_39d8ca1ac617325e\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Dec 29 13:39:24 2016 (586503FC) CheckSum: 00D8C988 ImageSize: 00DD9000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. spyslayer Win User
    will i lose my monitor display if i uninstall nvidia driver ?

spyslayer, Feb 12, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    The uninstall process is done in safe mode. In safe mode the system uses the built-in display driver, because the GPU isn't enabled in safe mode.
    When you reboot to normal mode, you are still using the built-in display, you can safely install the display drivers in normal mode.

After the uninstall process is completed, the utility will change settings in Windows Update to prevent Windows from installing the display drivers while booting into normal mode. This setting change is only valid for the first reboot into safe mode, after that the setting change is reverted back.

You'll temporarily loose the monitor display for a few seconds.

7. spyslayer Win User
    do you know which driver version is most stable for Geforce GT 640?

spyslayer, Feb 18, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

I can't tell which one are the most stable, you may want to try Drivers | GeForce

9. spyslayer Win User
    i uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and When I try to install nvidia driver I get an "Install Failed" from the installation programme. No reason given, just install failed.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

spyslayer, Mar 2, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    What version do you try to install?

11. spyslayer Win User
    i tried 362.00 and 378.49

spyslayer, Mar 2, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys [​IMG]

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys [​IMG]

13. spyslayer Win User

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

done. just delete C:\temp\NVIDIA and installation is completed. thank you for your time, help and kind assistance, axe0!

spyslayer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys

1. BSOD nvlddmkm.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD nvlddmkm sys

2. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  3. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  4. BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74: My DELL G15 5511 recently reboot unexpectedly frequently and I upload the memory dump.Device: DELL G15 5511RTX3060 + i7 11800H Graphics Driver: NVIDIA GameReady 512.59The dump file is uploading currently.Error log: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64...
  5. BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74: My DELL G15 5511 recently reboot unexpectedly frequently and I upload the memory dump.Device: DELL G15 5511RTX3060 + i7 11800H Graphics Driver: NVIDIA GameReady 512.59The dump file is uploading currently.Error log: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64...
  6. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
Tags: