Windows 10: BSOD Occuring

Discus and support BSOD Occuring in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I just built a brand new computer that appears to work fine until it will randomly crash my fortnite application, and sometimes will blue screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xAlanna, Jun 8, 2020.

1. xAlanna Win User

BSOD Occuring

Hi. I just built a brand new computer that appears to work fine until it will randomly crash my fortnite application, and sometimes will blue screen. I have an i7 9700k, 2070 super, and 2x8 gb of ram so 16 total. I have been trying to figure out what the issue is but I cant. As far as I know, im pretty sure all my drivers are up to date- the only thing i didnt do is update the bios because ive heard things can go wrong. The most recent blue screen said MEMORY_MANAGEMENT with tcpip.sys being what failed. When I run windows memory diagnostic, it says everything is fine. When i run bluescreenview, all 5 of my dumps have an issue with ntoskrnl.exe. I am getting so frustrated with this. Id really appreciate any help!

:)

xAlanna, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Ctuchik Win User

BSOD Occuring

BSOD: 0x00000124 Occurs when gaming.

I have attached the zip file as per the BSOD posting Instructions.

Error as it occurs and steps taken:

• Can leave PC idle and it will not BSOD
    • Can do general browsing/surfing/video viewing w/o issue
    • Have performed Prime95 CPU stress test(ran for over an hour w/o issue)
    • Have used "Real Temp" to verify that no cores are getting overheated. (Stays between 30-45 degrees Celsius even while gaming)
    • So far the issue has only occurred when Playing games on my pc. (Games of Note include Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne)
    • BlueScreenViewer by Nirsoft has identified the faulty driver as "Hal.dll" caused by address" hal.dll+35f1f"(this address has occurred in each BSOD.

This is a brand new PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home Edition x64(not an upgrade).

Have installed all up to date drivers for Chipset, Audio, and Graphics card from their respective manufacturers.

Any help in solving this issue would be appreciated.

EDIT: UPDATE:
    BSOD occurred an additional time. Same information from what I can gather via BluescreenViewer. Based on what little information was available online; I performed a RAM test (was shorter than I would like for 16GB worth, but it completed successfully). I then booted into BIOS and found that some voltage and other settings were manually adjusted (I didn't set this). Only thing I can figure is some of the base ASUS software I installed with the drivers changed some settings.

I have since uninstalled all unnecessary ASUS Software and changed BIOS Settings back to "Optimized Defaults". This put almost all voltage value to "Auto".

I will keep this post alive, but if I don't BSOD again by Monday I will consider it solved.

Thanks again for any help you are able to provide.

Ctuchik, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Occuring

1. BSOD Occuring - Similar Threads - BSOD Occuring

2. Constant 'memory management' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant 'memory management' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months: Hi,So since I created my PC I have had BSOD's which got worse so I reinstalled windows and less BSOD's happen but they still occur every single day. I have ran most tests including SFC. CHDSK, Windows diagnostic and MemTest86 and I have had 0 errors. Sometimes my BSOD's are...
  3. Constant 'memory management' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant 'memory management' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months: Hi,So since I created my PC I have had BSOD's which got worse so I reinstalled windows and less BSOD's happen but they still occur every single day. I have ran most tests including SFC. CHDSK, Windows diagnostic and MemTest86 and I have had 0 errors. Sometimes my BSOD's are...
  4. Constant 'memory manangment' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant 'memory manangment' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months: Hi,So since I created my PC I have had BSOD's which got worse so I reinstalled windows and less BSOD's happen but they still occur every single day. I have ran most tests including SFC. CHDSK, Windows diagnostic and MemTest86 and I have had 0 errors. Sometimes my BSOD's are...
  5. Constant 'memory manangment' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months

Constant 'memory manangment' BSOD every single day which has been occurring for months: Hi,So since I created my PC I have had BSOD's which got worse so I reinstalled windows and less BSOD's happen but they still occur every single day. I have ran most tests including SFC. CHDSK, Windows diagnostic and MemTest86 and I have had 0 errors. Sometimes my BSOD's are...
  6. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  7. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  8. NTOSKrnl BSOD occuring regularly Windows 10 - Bug Check 0x00000139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTOSKrnl BSOD occuring regularly Windows 10 - Bug Check 0x00000139: Hey team,I've been getting blue screens every 24-48 hours for the last 6 days or so.All bar one have the same Bug check code and reference ntoskrnl.exe022524-45875-01.dmp 25/02/2024 6:01:15 PM 0x00000139 00000000`0000001d ffff9704`75acee90 ffff9704`75acede8 00000000`00000000...
  9. NTOSKrnl BSOD occuring regularly Windows 10 - Bug Check 0x00000139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTOSKrnl BSOD occuring regularly Windows 10 - Bug Check 0x00000139: Hey team,I've been getting blue screens every 24-48 hours for the last 6 days or so.All bar one have the same Bug check code and reference ntoskrnl.exe022524-45875-01.dmp 25/02/2024 6:01:15 PM 0x00000139 00000000`0000001d ffff9704`75acee90 ffff9704`75acede8 00000000`00000000...
  10. NTOSKrnl BSOD occuring regularly Windows 10 - Bug Check 0x00000139