Windows 10: BSOD Often & freezes

Discus and support BSOD Often & freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been crashing the past few weeks since installation and either freezes or BSOD. Until today the BSOD has frozen on 0% and not given me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by roberttodds, Jul 3, 2019.

1. BSOD Often & freezes

My computer has been crashing the past few weeks since installation and either freezes or BSOD. Until today the BSOD has frozen on 0% and not given me dump files, despite being set up to. It crashed today and I now have a minidump file - please see attached.
    Thanks in advance!

070219-3718-01.zip

:)

roberttodds, Jul 3, 2019
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Jul 3, 2019
  3. airbud7 Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Jul 3, 2019
  4. BSOD Often & freezes

New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

System:
    Corsair 400R Case
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme (Rev 3.0)
    Intel i7-2600K
    HIS IceQ X Turbo Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x 4GB) 1600 Memory
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0GB/s Hard Drive
    Corsair Professional series HX650 PSU
    Lite-On DVD Burner

Hi, I just built this PC last week and I am having issues with freezing and BSOD. This is the first system I have built in 8 years, but I have built 5 systems total. I have updated all drivers and BIOS. When I get the BSOD it doesn’t create a dump file, the BSOD freezes too. It freezes at random times, I can’t duplicate the exact instance. It will freeze while surfing the net, typing in MS Word, playing Skyrim (just once here). My temps while idle are between 32°C - 36°C for my CPU and 38° for the GPU. If I am running CIV3D or gaming the CPU runs no hotter than 55°C and the same for the GPU. I am using the stock heatsink and fan for the processor. The case I have has 2 120mm intake fans on the front and a 120mm exhaust on the rear. I have mounted a cheap 120mm exhaust fan on the top and I have ordered two 120mm fans, 1 to replace the cheap one as exhaust and 1 for the side of the case as an intake. I am also not overclocked. Please offer any suggestions! Thanks!

landon2455, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

BSOD Often & freezes

1. BSOD Often & freezes - Similar Threads - BSOD Often freezes

2. PC often freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC often freezes randomly.: This issue has been happening to me quite a lot recently and it's very annoying. It might happen at any time, I might be playing a heavy video game or just browsing on the internet. Once it begins, it doesn't just freeze everything immediately. Sometimes it starts by freezing...
  3. Windows 10 freezes often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes often: My windows 10 desktop freezes often. I don't know why. I did a sfc /scannow and it didn't find anything. I did a chkdsk c: and it didn't find anything. I have malwarebytes running every day. It finds nothing. Not sure what this can be. Has there been a windows update causing...
  4. Windows 10 freezes often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes often: My windows 10 desktop freezes often. I don't know why. I did a sfc /scannow and it didn't find anything. I did a chkdsk c: and it didn't find anything. I have malwarebytes running every day. It finds nothing. Not sure what this can be. Has there been a windows update causing...
  5. Computer Completely Freezes Often

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Completely Freezes Often: My computer completely freezes very often (once every 1-2 days). When it freezes, I can do nothing. I cant move my mouse, I can't interact with the with the computer using the keyboard, it's just completely frozen. I have already factory reset my computer and wiped all my...
  6. BSOD Happening often and now computer will freeze, new computer

BSOD Happening often and now computer will freeze, new computer: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 9c Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: fffff80473684b30 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_18362 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Extra information about the...
  7. new keyboard freezes often

new keyboard freezes often: My keyboard freezes all the time. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-keyboard-freezes-often/47bbaeaa-829a-4bef-83ea-d169681c1f13
  8. BSOD while using Chrome very often (and freezing OS).

BSOD while using Chrome very often (and freezing OS).: Hi, Im getting too much BSOD, specifically using Google Chrome and normaly it happens when I have a lot of tabs open and I do something, like closing one tab, open one, scroll, or click. Not always having a lot of tabs, sometimes made it with a few opened, somedays make me...
  9. often freeze in windows 10 and no Bsod

often freeze in windows 10 and no Bsod: My configuration works great in Windows 7 and I have not had any problems. In Windows 10 after freezing in event viewer throws critical mistake: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}...
  10. Keyboard often freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard often freezes: After upgrading to Windows 10 my Logitech K520 wireless keyboard often freezes when I am typing on the internet. I press a key (any alpha or numeric key), and nothing happens. No strike occurs. Must cancel app and boot system to get keyboard working again. This happens...