Windows 10: BSOD on 2/18/2020

Discus and support BSOD on 2/18/2020 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last week 2/18/2020, after having our desktop off for 10 days, it suddenly shut down after being on maybe 10 minutes. We had it on maybe 30 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lens4, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Lens4 Win User

BSOD on 2/18/2020

Last week 2/18/2020, after having our desktop off for 10 days, it suddenly shut down after being on maybe 10 minutes. We had it on maybe 30 minutes the day before to check emails with no problems. Now all we get is bsod with error code: "bad system config info.' We have tried multiple fixes cannot start in safe mode, can't reset, won't go back to previous setting, etc and cannot get it to start up. I have access to the recovery screen with fixes, but none will work. We can access a command prompt and haven't had success with any fixes. No new hardware or programs have been added.

Is an update the cause of this?

:)

Lens4, Feb 27, 2020
  2. nrr18 Win User

Bsod affter 2/18/19 update

I uninstalled the 2/18/19 updates (there were two). As soon as I rebooted Win 10
    re-installed them, but I am not getting the BSOD now.

As a further precaution I disabled the auto update feature.

For future reference, the method of uninstalling the updates requires getting the system running in normal mode
    long enough before the BSOD kicks in to work.

I'm guessing the initial installation was "flaky".

nrr18, Feb 27, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. BSOD on 2/18/2020

IRQ memory BSODS, device manager, memory range?

The only time I've seen that type of BSOD for myself is when I fried the PCI-e slots on my Striker 2 board... There wasn't anything that I could do, try and rma and go on.. I would suggest the steps that MilkyWay has said.. But, if you really don't know much about Bios's... I wouldn't play with Irq's... That can mess up everything on your board. USB, ethernet, ram, chip... But, that's just me on playing with irq's... To much of a hassle IMHO..

Cold Storm, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

BSOD on 2/18/2020

1. BSOD on 2/18/2020 - Similar Threads - BSOD 2020

2. bsod memory management when trying to install flight sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod memory management when trying to install flight sim 2020: when i try to install msfs when its installing the aircraft ,scenery and etc. i get the blue screen of death it says your pc ran in to a problemmemory management from time to time i can only install the program from the Xbox app the 2 gb app from the store but not anything...
  3. bsod memory management when trying to install flight sim 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod memory management when trying to install flight sim 2020: when i try to install msfs when its installing the aircraft ,scenery and etc. i get the blue screen of death it says your pc ran in to a problemmemory management from time to time i can only install the program from the Xbox app the 2 gb app from the store but not anything...
  4. Constant BSOD since new ASUS G14 GA401IV 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD since new ASUS G14 GA401IV 2020: I have a 2020 Zephyrus G14 that's been trouble off and on since new. It shipped with windows 10, I'm running 11 on it now but the various OS resets and clean installs I've done haven't seemed to make a difference. The only driver issue I know I have is sometimes I'll try to...
  5. Constant BSOD since new ASUS G14 GA401IV 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD since new ASUS G14 GA401IV 2020: I have a 2020 Zephyrus G14 that's been trouble off and on since new. It shipped with windows 10, I'm running 11 on it now but the various OS resets and clean installs I've done haven't seemed to make a difference. The only driver issue I know I have is sometimes I'll try to...
  6. Asus tuf a15 Ryzen 7 4800h + 1660ti - 2020 model bsod restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus tuf a15 Ryzen 7 4800h + 1660ti - 2020 model bsod restart loop: The problem is that when my cpu goes on a higher clock more than 3 ghz it starts to crash in different ways. The CPU was supposed to be running 2.9 ghz base clock and 4.2 ghz boost clock.The crashes are: BSODS Like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, Kernel...
  7. Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14 2020: Hello, I am having an issue, well multiple issues with my laptop.i get constant bsod's, black screens, and screen freezes, and it makes it difficult to get any work done.it mainly happens when idle or under low work load like working on music or browsing the internet, when i...
  8. Random BSODs since December 2020

Random BSODs since December 2020: I have been getting BSODs since at least December of last year. They'll just suddenly show up out of the blue when I'm in the middle of something. Sometimes it is a few days between bluescreens, occasionally its a few hours between bluescreens. There doesn't seem to be any...
  9. Video memory management internal error. BSOD 2020*

Video memory management internal error. BSOD 2020*: Hello, I recently built a new computer with the specs below and am having crashes. While gaming COD Warzone, it freezes and crashes the full PC and resets, upon resetting it goes back to normal till it happens again. This has been happening every day since I built the PC...
  10. Video memory management internal error. BSOD 2020

Video memory management internal error. BSOD 2020: Hello, i recently built a new computer and i just got the video memory management internal error while streaming and running a game. Can anyone please let me know what the issue is? I have the minidump files below. This has happened 2 times now in the past 3 days, computer...