Windows 10: BSOD on a new PC Build

Discus and support BSOD on a new PC Build in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aidan le Gras, Dec 23, 2021.

1. BSOD on a new PC Build

I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of other warnings along the lines of:The speed of processor 18 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this limited performance state for 71 seconds since the last report. Everything does seem to be up and running again but I am trying to determine what might have happened.

:)

Aidan le Gras, Dec 23, 2021
  2. BarbaricSoul, Dec 23, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 23, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

BSOD on a new PC Build

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

BSOD on a new PC Build

1. BSOD on a new PC Build - Similar Threads - BSOD Build

2. First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION: Today I finished my first custom PC build! All parts are brand new except for RAM.Specifications:Motherboard: Asus Prime B760M-A WIFI D4CPU: i5 12600kGPU: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7700 XTRAM: Kingston Fury 16 GB, running at 2400 MT/s advertised at 3600 :/SSD: Kioxia Exceria...
  3. First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First PC build, BSOD on startup with GPU, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION: Today I finished my first custom PC build! All parts are brand new except for RAM.Specifications:Motherboard: Asus Prime B760M-A WIFI D4CPU: i5 12600kGPU: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7700 XTRAM: Kingston Fury 16 GB, running at 2400 MT/s advertised at 3600 :/SSD: Kioxia Exceria...
  4. Constant BSOD with new PC build win32kbase.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, intelppm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD with new PC build win32kbase.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, intelppm: HiNew PC, and I am getting random BSOD several times per day.Tested CPU with Intel Diagnostic tool and passed, Did Memtest and passedWith gpu, without gpu getting bsodI had a wifi card m.2 connected to motherboard, disabled in bios and the bsod are less frequent but still...
  5. Constant BSOD with new PC build win32kbase.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, intelppm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD with new PC build win32kbase.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, intelppm: HiNew PC, and I am getting random BSOD several times per day.Tested CPU with Intel Diagnostic tool and passed, Did Memtest and passedWith gpu, without gpu getting bsodI had a wifi card m.2 connected to motherboard, disabled in bios and the bsod are less frequent but still...
  6. Constant BSOD with new PC build win32kbase.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, intelppm

7. How to resolve BSOD on new pc build?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve BSOD on new pc build?: Newly built PC getting the blue screen watchdog error violation. Already tried reinstalling windows a few times and can’t seem to fix it. Any ideas? I will upload my mini dump files here.Dropbox for Crash Minidump logs...
  8. How to resolve BSOD on new pc build?

How to resolve BSOD on new pc build?: Newly built PC getting the blue screen watchdog error violation. Already tried reinstalling windows a few times and can’t seem to fix it. Any ideas? I will upload my mini dump files here.Dropbox for Crash Minidump logs...
  9. Problem with new build - constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with new build - constant BSODs: Not sure what is wrong with my pc. Here is the timeline:I tried downloading a new sound driver manually from the gigabyte website for my motherboard, different model version 1.2 instead of 1.0 didn’t check beforehand because i’m an idiot so it crashed my pc, and now my pc...
  10. Problem with new build - constant BSODs

Problem with new build - constant BSODs: Not sure what is wrong with my pc. Here is the timeline:I tried downloading a new sound driver manually from the gigabyte website for my motherboard, different model version 1.2 instead of 1.0 didn’t check beforehand because i’m an idiot so it crashed my pc, and now my pc...