Windows 10: BSOD on almost every startup

Discus and support BSOD on almost every startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'll keep this one simple. Using Windows 10, somewhere along the line with one of the major update pushes my PC when turned on or rebooted would NSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonB., Mar 16, 2020.

1. JasonB. Win User

BSOD on almost every startup

I'll keep this one simple. Using Windows 10, somewhere along the line with one of the major update pushes my PC when turned on or rebooted would NSOD loop. Luckily sometimes would loop once or twice, sometimes even more... I did do a Startup log and tried removing the last item windows tried loading, that did not help. I tried SFC amd with help from other Apps i was able to fix all corrupted files, that didnt help. I do have the most recent MEMORY.DMP, no minidumps. I could try enabling mini dumps but afraid one of these reboots may be the last.

Also I do not use Onedrive, can I use another cloud service?

Thanks for any assistance

Here us a link to the file. trying to save time.. Hope it works

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0fz0g1

:)

JasonB., Mar 16, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD on startup?

The problem is the laptop (specs in signature) not rig in system specs.

Sometimes when I switch it on, Vista loads normally.
    Other times, just after the horizontal 'loading' bars and before the Vista orb appears, I get a BSOD of Nvlddmkm.sys or Nvlddmkm.dll then the laptop reboots, BSOD's, reboots... it can happen like 5 times!

I've been googling all morning but apparently there's no solution to this?

It does the BSOD only during startup. Once Vista loads, it never BSODs not even during a game.

Black Panther, Mar 16, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD on almost every startup :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD on almost every startup [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

1. BSOD on almost every startup - Similar Threads - BSOD almost every

2. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  3. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  4. Windows 11 BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD almost every day: Hello, I am getting BSODs on my Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 notebook almost every day. Very annoying, Here is what I did:Upgraded Windows from 10 to 11.Upgraded all drivers both from Windows Update and from Lenovo drivers web page.Upgraded BIOS to latest version Nov 22.Installed all...
  5. Windows 11 BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 BSOD almost every day: Hello, I am getting BSODs on my Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 notebook almost every day. Very annoying, Here is what I did:Upgraded Windows from 10 to 11.Upgraded all drivers both from Windows Update and from Lenovo drivers web page.Upgraded BIOS to latest version Nov 22.Installed all...
  6. Windows explorer crash almost every new startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer crash almost every new startup.: Hello i really really need some help with this. Almost everytime i startup explorer flashes from grey to white, and the taskbar flashes white to normal. This mostly around 33 times. The error is this Beschrijving Pad naar toepassing met fout:...
  7. BSOD almost every day

BSOD almost every day: I have done the minidump procedure to record the .dmp files using Verifier. Please assist if possible. Would much appreciate. Minidump located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AslxUqbfl8zftWkCUTAQm8ILrwnR?e=ecyIwz Thank you!...
  8. Have a BSoD almost every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have a BSoD almost every day: Hi guys, I have a BSoD almost every day on my HP Spectre 360x. It's been happening for quite some time, but now it gets worse and worse. The error message I see after the automatic restart is: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION not handled and it talks about this file:...
  9. BSOD ALMOST EVERY DAY, DIFFERENT ERRORS

BSOD ALMOST EVERY DAY, DIFFERENT ERRORS: I have an Asus Strix laptop with windows 10 Home. After using the PC or leave it powered on for more than 5 hours, it is getting Blue screen... It is really annoying. Updated all the drivers, windows patches, bios, memory check, remove the AV and reinstall a new one -...
  10. [HELP] BSOD on every startup.

[HELP] BSOD on every startup.: Whenever I start my PC in the morning (or first time in a day), it always gives me a BSOD (with the message being different sometimes). I ran MemTest86 to check if my RAM was corrupted but it passed so I suspected there was a problem with a driver. So I ran the Driver...