Windows 10: BSOD on ASUS laptop with Windows 10

Discus and support BSOD on ASUS laptop with Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here's the system: ASUS VivoBook W202NA-DH02 Rugged 11.6-inch Windows 10 Home Laptop, Intel Dual-Core Celeron processor 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram, 64GB emmc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by greeniguana2019, Jan 13, 2019.

1. BSOD on ASUS laptop with Windows 10

Here's the system: ASUS VivoBook W202NA-DH02 Rugged 11.6-inch Windows 10 Home Laptop, Intel Dual-Core Celeron processor 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram, 64GB emmc hard drive, spill proof keyboard, USB 3.0

Purchased new 8 months ago. Worked fine until 1/7/2019. Worked in the morning.

Later in the day, turned it on, received BSOD, “Critical Process Died.”

When booting up again, receive: Automatic Repair, your PC did not start correctly.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

If I select Restart, I again get “Your PC ran into a problem / Preparing Automatic Repair / Diagnosing your PC / Automatic Repair” in an endless loop.

Under Advanced Options:

Troubleshoot: Reset this PC, keeping files – “There was a problem resetting your computer. No changes were made.”

Windows Boot Manager: Gives me same loop.

Windows Recovery Environment: Gives me same loop

Start-Up settings, start in Safe Mode: Gives me same loop

Use a Device: I made a boot USB from the Microsoft website. I confirmed it is on the USB. I select UEFI: Lexar USB Flash Drive 1100. Partition 1.

Launch Recovery Environment, using USB: Gives me same loop.

I also see the USB targeted in the BIOS settings, EUFI: Lexar USB Flash Drive 1100. Partion 1, and Boot Menu shows it’s using this.

If I go to the Command Prompt, it says, “Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.”

I don’t have a system image to restore from. My pictures are all backed up, but not my docs (lesson learned), so I really don't want a complete reset that wipes the drive.

So, now what? Please give me the suggestions in an easy-to-understand format. I don’t know much about computers, but I do know how to follow directions.

Thank you for any suggestions!

:)

greeniguana2019, Jan 13, 2019

2. Bsod Asus laptop

Bsod Asus laptop lost my MS key..what now?

theodorerulfs, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
  4. BSOD on ASUS laptop with Windows 10

Laptop starts work slower and shows BSOD

No, there was no minidump file.

After 4th BSOD, I did the following:

Hopefully, it will solve the issue. I'll post here if BSOD will happen again.

Roman 5678, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

BSOD on ASUS laptop with Windows 10

1. BSOD on ASUS laptop with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD ASUS laptop

2. Many BSOD on Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many BSOD on Asus laptop: When I'm on my laptop I get random BSODAlso I get random black screens and the device won't respond unless i do hard shut downBSODs I remember are 1- Kernel security check failure2-Hypervision error3-Kmode Exception not handled4-IRQL not less or equalI opened Reliability...
  3. Many BSOD on Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many BSOD on Asus laptop: When I'm on my laptop I get random BSODAlso I get random black screens and the device won't respond unless i do hard shut downBSODs I remember are 1- Kernel security check failure2-Hypervision error3-Kmode Exception not handled4-IRQL not less or equalI opened Reliability...
  4. Many BSOD on Asus laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD on Asus Tuf A17 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Asus Tuf A17 laptop: Hi All.I have Asus Tuf Gaming A17 laptop for approx 2 years.. Some time ago it started to get BSOD. Unfortunately i was not able to get dump files at that time. I had Windows 11 Home edition and tried to fresh installation of Windows 10 home licensed. But still computer gets...
  6. BSOD on Asus Tuf A17 laptop

BSOD on Asus Tuf A17 laptop: Hi All.I have Asus Tuf Gaming A17 laptop for approx 2 years.. Some time ago it started to get BSOD. Unfortunately i was not able to get dump files at that time. I had Windows 11 Home edition and tried to fresh installation of Windows 10 home licensed. But still computer gets...
  7. Frequent BSOD - Windows 10 - Asus Laptop Model Q325U

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD - Windows 10 - Asus Laptop Model Q325U: Recently, my Asus laptop Model: Q325U has been consistently getting the BSOD of death for no apparent reason. Originally, it may have resulted when PC was overheated, but now it occurs frequently on startup, where everything will just freeze and then BSOD will appear. Since...
  8. Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops

Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops: I saw the post from 2016 concerning Windows 10 and ASUS laptops. I had windows 10 on my ASUS ROG for over a year. A couple of months ago it did two different Window updates in a row, without asking. The second one crashed my machine. I am sick over this. I cannot...
  9. Asus laptop random bsod

Asus laptop random bsod: Hello people I'm getting random BSOD with the error BAD_POOL_HEADER on my laptop. I've noticed BSOD after upgrading my HDD to Sandisk SSD Ultra II 240 GB and when I play bluestacks (I play daily clash of clans on bluestacks) and I get BSOD about every 30 minutes. *Confused...
  10. Mutiple BSODs on Asus laptop. (Windows 7 & 10)

Mutiple BSODs on Asus laptop. (Windows 7 & 10): Hello, I have an Asus K53SV laptop which has had multiple BSODs ever since updating to Windows 8. By then it had been reverted to Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was released. The BSODs didn't stop and they are always random. Sometimes it's memory management,...