Windows 10: BSoD on ASUS T100TA when detaching tablet from dock

Discus and support BSoD on ASUS T100TA when detaching tablet from dock in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings All: I installed Windows 10 on a fully compatible ASUS Transformer T100TA yesterday. All is working great except, whenever I remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HorseGuyJohn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. BSoD on ASUS T100TA when detaching tablet from dock

Greetings All:

I installed Windows 10 on a fully compatible ASUS Transformer T100TA yesterday. All is working great except, whenever I remove the tablet from the dock I get the BSoD (kmode_exception_not_handled) and the tablet reboots.

I have done a clean boot and it did the same thing.

I do a proper media eject prior to removing the tablet. I never did this in Windows 8.1 and never had a problem. Media ejected or not the tablet would work properly. In Windows 10 it gives the BSoD regardless which procedure I follow to remove the tablet from the dock.Attachment 27183

:)

HorseGuyJohn, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Bert M. Win User

Why no automatic switching between tablet- and desktop mode?

Why is my Asus transformer book T200 not automaticly switching between tablet-and desktop mode when attaching or detaching keyboard Dock? I have checked the tablet-mode settings.

Bert M., Jul 30, 2015
  3. Plantje Win User
    When docked tablet mode doesn't trigger on screen keyboard when needed

I have an Asus T100TA and sometimes I have the tablet docked, but I would still like to use tablet mode. So, I switch it manually to tablet mode. This all seems to work fine. However, when I touch the screen in a text box the on screen keyboard doesn't appear.

If I undock the tablet this does work.

Is it possible to change this?

Plantje, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

BSoD on ASUS T100TA when detaching tablet from dock

Welcome to TF. I've taken a look at your dumps and they're all blaming the ASUS Touch Service. The driver looks like it's up to date so it may be worth checking with ASUS for any updates to the software, worst case it may not be playing nice with Windows 10 at the moment. Is there any possibility of uninstalling the software if an updated version isn't available?
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {c0000005, 0, 8, 0} Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AsusSGDrv.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AsusSGDrv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AsusSGDrv.sys[/quote]

Boozad, Jul 30, 2015
  5. With some fighting with Windows, I uninstalled the touchpad driver. Once uninstalled the problem ceased to exist. Windows forced me to reinstall on the next boot and it appears the problem did not return.

Thanks for such a speedy solution.

HorseGuyJohn, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    You're more than welcome, glad to see you're running smooth. *Thumbs

If you feel the issue is resolved would you mind marking the thread as Solved? You can always mark it Unsolved if the issue returns.

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSoD on ASUS T100TA when detaching tablet from dock

1. BSoD on ASUS T100TA when detaching tablet from dock - Similar Threads - BSoD ASUS T100TA

2. asus windows tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus windows tablet: HOW CAN I RESET THE TABLET BACK INTO WINDOWS 10 IF IT DOESNT HAVE A USB JUST A MEMORY PLACE FOR THE MEMORY CARD TO GO INTO IT AND A PLUG IN PORT ONLY ??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-windows-tablet/9bce1c7b-d926-4ed2-a969-31458f11d3a1
  3. asus windows tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asus windows tablet: HOW CAN I RESET THE TABLET BACK INTO WINDOWS 10 IF IT DOESNT HAVE A USB JUST A MEMORY PLACE FOR THE MEMORY CARD TO GO INTO IT AND A PLUG IN PORT ONLY ??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-windows-tablet/9bce1c7b-d926-4ed2-a969-31458f11d3a1
  4. asus windows tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. asus t100ta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus t100ta: Witam posiadam laptop asus t100ta lecz gdy instalowałem w nim system po instalacja nie działa w nim toutchscreen i nie ma audio W menedżerze urządzeń pokazuje ze nie wykryto urządzenia a gdy sprawdzałem sterowniki pokazywało się ze wszystkie są pobrane W ustawniach trybu...
  6. asus t100ta

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus t100ta: Witam posiadam laptop asus t100ta lecz gdy instalowałem w nim system po instalacja nie działa w nim toutchscreen i nie ma audio W menedżerze urządzeń pokazuje ze nie wykryto urządzenia a gdy sprawdzałem sterowniki pokazywało się ze wszystkie są pobrane W ustawniach trybu...
  7. asus t100ta

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked

in Windows 10 Customization
    "When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked: With the 2004 update, it would seem that Windows sees the device Surface Pro 5 as not having a keyboard attached while docked. It uses the "When I'm not using tablet mode" settings in the Tablet Settings menu while docked. Thus, the icons and menus are more spread out. When I...
  9. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when ejecting hard drives from dock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when ejecting hard drives from dock: I'm at my wit's end on this one, have been trying to solve for months. I have a lot of data stored on internal SATA hard drives that I use a USB 3.0 dock to access. Whenever I properly eject a drive from the dock (using the remove USB device function in Windows) or just...
  10. Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet: I have a tablet (cube mix plus) and the keyboard dock port is causing problems (sends random key strokes, eg holding down the delete key...). How can I disable the port? Perhaps in device manager somewhere? Right now I have taped over the port, but that isn't a great...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install asus t100ta dock