Windows 10: BSOD on boot after (and only after) full shutdown

Discus and support BSOD on boot after (and only after) full shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Summary: Computer works perfectly until I shut it down. Restarts are okay, so is using sleep or hibernate. After a full shutdown it will only go to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SvenAndersson, Feb 12, 2019.

1. BSOD on boot after (and only after) full shutdown

Summary: Computer works perfectly until I shut it down. Restarts are okay, so is using sleep or hibernate. After a full shutdown it will only go to the Windows logo at the farthest.

So I recently built a new computer and things seemed fine. It runs perfectly, I can game and put CPU/GPU usage at 90%+ without any issues. However, if I power the computer completely off, I can't get it to boot again. It will pass POST and Windows is seemingly loading, but then it either just sits forever at a black screen or restarts. I've reinstalled several times, and each time the same thing happens. Works fine until I turn it off. No errors or BSODs while using it. I've also tried installing Windows to a different harddrive. Sometimes the boot process takes me as far as the OS selection screen, at which point choosing the main install gives me the boot loop or endless black screen, and choosing the secondary install usually gives me error 21a.

I've tried turning off fast boot in UEFI, quick boot in Windows. No overclocks. Windows automatic repair does nothing. SFC sometimes finds errors, sometimes not. Same thing with chkdsk. When I have managed to get dism to work, it usually either finds no errors or cant complete. Only once have I gotten it to boot again, so I don't have a lot of dumps. I've tried updating BIOS and resetting it. No change.

Attachment 224134

Minidumps
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArE1lpo9xXc3oVCvVOUeLXNRrt_q

Memory dumps
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArE1lpo9xXc3oVMCbZnr-BTyhi82

:)

SvenAndersson, Feb 12, 2019

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Feb 12, 2019
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 12, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

BSOD on boot after (and only after) full shutdown

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

BSOD on boot after (and only after) full shutdown

1. BSOD on boot after (and only after) full shutdown - Similar Threads - BSOD boot full

2. Windows 11 BSOD only after a long shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD only after a long shutdown: I reinstaled W11 some days ago due to BSOD, the day before it works fine with only instaled AMD StoreMI, yesterday i get a MEMORYMANAGMENT BSOD and today i get a IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL and SYSTEMTRHEADEXCEPTIONNOTHANDLED, now i have more things instaled, Brave, Discord, Steam,...
  3. Windows 11 BSOD only after a long shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 BSOD only after a long shutdown: I reinstaled W11 some days ago due to BSOD, the day before it works fine with only instaled AMD StoreMI, yesterday i get a MEMORYMANAGMENT BSOD and today i get a IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL and SYSTEMTRHEADEXCEPTIONNOTHANDLED, now i have more things instaled, Brave, Discord, Steam,...
  4. Bsod after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after forced shutdown: So I had to force shutdown my pc 2 days ago and when I turned it on again it was running fine, I ran sfc scannow which found and fixed corruption and ran it again and it said there were no corruptions but today it just blue screened on me out of nowhere. Why did it do this if...
  5. Windows PC not detecting PCIe Raid Card on reboot, only after full shutdown??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PC not detecting PCIe Raid Card on reboot, only after full shutdown??: Hi allI have a custom PC I made with a PCIe SATA Raid controller, which only seems to be detected after a full shutdown and restart, but not when it's just rebooted? Does anyone have an idea why most of the time when I reset my windows 10 PC it doesn't detect the PCIe Raid...
  6. After Repair: Can Shutdown/Boot but Not Restart/Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Repair: Can Shutdown/Boot but Not Restart/Boot: Hello all, In attempting to fix this problem: Encountering "Element not found" on File History Cleanup I used this solution: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade And it worked! The repair fixed that particular issue and I now have a...
  7. Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...: I'm very sure this issue is hardware related as it only happens on two of my systems with very similar Supermicro motherboards, X9DAE and X9DRi-LN+. Linux always boots without problems....
  8. BSOD even after full reset

BSOD even after full reset: Yesterday I started getting BSOD errors randomly. Happened 3 times, was all very sudden. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic a few times, all checked out. I formatted and reinstalled Windows, hoping to have everything fixed. After reinstalling some of my programs, another BSOD...
  9. BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown

BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown: My Windows 10 system sometimes crashed on startup, after loading progress. The monitor would show blank white screen, or sometimes the blue screen (sometimes with corrupted display). This does not happen so often, but I'd like to know the cause. The daily operation of the...
  10. Boot windows on a schedule after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot windows on a schedule after shutdown: I prefer to have my system shut down overnight rather than sleeping. Is there any way to schedule a system boot at a specific time in the morning? Windows update is able to boot from shut down when it feels like it. Is there any way I can do this, apart from putting my PC to...