Windows 10: BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

Discus and support BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hassan55, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Hassan55 Win User

BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then after I reboot, generally the error goes away and sometimes I have to use the disk checker to clear up any ssd corruption before I can boot back in. I tested the RAM with windows memory tools aswell as memtest 86 and they came through as a pass. Please can someone help me with this? Mobo: Gigabyte ga-z270-hd3pCpu: i7 7700kRam: Crucial 2400 mhz 32gbrunning latest windows updates as of today and have the latest bios for mobo as well as mobo drivers in

:)

Hassan55, Dec 29, 2021

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Dec 29, 2021
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Installing XP : IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Boot in step-by-step confirmation mode, and see what service or drive is causing the bsod.

Thema:

1. BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause - Similar Threads - BSoD boot can't

2. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes: Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus,...
  3. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes: Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus,...
  4. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  5. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  6. BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause: Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then after I reboot, generally the error goes away and sometimes I have to use the disk checker to clear up any ssd corruption before...
  7. BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause: Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then after I reboot, generally the error goes away and sometimes I have to use the disk checker to clear up any ssd corruption before...
  8. Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes

Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes: PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus, checked system temperatures and everything I could think of and saw to do online. I...
  9. Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes

Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes: PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus, checked system temperatures and everything I could think of and saw to do online. I...
  10. Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD: Can someone help me figure out what's causing this BSOD? It's Win 10 Pro (1909). I've made sure the drivers and BIOS are up to date already and ran sfc /scannow that did repair some errors. ************* Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location...