Windows 10: BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10)

Discus and support BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently disassembled my computer to clean it since it gets very dusty. For reference, this is not the first time I've taken my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shadowfreud, Jul 30, 2016.

1. BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10)

Hi all, I recently disassembled my computer to clean it since it gets very dusty. For reference, this is not the first time I've taken my computer apart; I know how to correctly take it apart and put it back together. I made sure everything was connected properly and that nothing was broken/damaged. However, I think in the process, I must have somehow reset my BIOS in some weird way. Now, when I try to boot back into windows, i get a blue screen, a big frowny face, and the error: "inaccessible_boot_device".I know for a fact that I put everything back together the right way since I also have a 100gb Debian dual boot setup with GRUB bootloader, and I was able to boot into my Debian just fine, and everything works exactly as it should. I tried running the GRUB auto configuration thing, and it says it's able to find the windows .efi or something, but it doesn't change anything; the same inaccessible_boot_error appears when I try to boot into Windows.I've tried the diagnostic tools in the advanced recovery options, but nothing works. I'd like to avoid having to reset my entire computer if I can, so please, does anyone have any suggestions? Also, here is a snapshot of my system specs (taken from my Debian https://i.gyazo.com/140cbf51196718c9...d24d71b7d3.png

:)

shadowfreud, Jul 30, 2016
  2. el.Fakir Win User

BSOD during boot every other time

Auggy,

Problem is linked to the Intel chipset SATA AHCI RAID controller driver (an ICH10R on my motherboard). Something goes wrong between it and Windows 10. I've seen this BSOD once at boot time: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (iaStorA.sys). Therefore,
    I've upgraded the "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver" from 14.5.0.1081 to 14.6.0.1029, which then led to a systematic INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE BSOD.

To fix the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, I've restored my system to its previous point, thanks to a Windows 10 iso.

As something fails with my internal RAID 1 array at boot time, on which my system disk is hosted, it explains why nothing can be written on system logs.

For now, I'm torn: rolling back to Seven and waiting for a compatible driver release before trying to upgrade again to Windows 10, or keeping the 14.5.0.1081 driver and staying with the every other time BSOD at boot time. Hum hum...

Note: FYI, driver download link is Télécharger Pilote et l’Interface de la Technologie de stockage Intel® Rapid

el.Fakir, Jul 30, 2016
  3. SuperTA Win User
    Spaceport.sys missing or corrupted

Hi,

I recently booted into this Linux DVD to try it out. I was trying to mount the c:\ drive and it told me to run this command. I ran the command, and then rebooted back into Windows. I get a BSOD (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) or (KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR spaceport.sys).
    Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks.

SuperTA, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Beaupeep Win User

BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10)

Assuming you have a UEFI partition check your BIOS settings and make sure the boot device is set to Drive C: Windows Boot Manager.

If it's not UEFI then just change the boot option priority to C:

Beaupeep, Jul 30, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi shadowfreud,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Could you check in the BIOS if you see the storage device?

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10)

1. BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - BSOD boot inaccessible_boot_device

2. Cannot boot after BSoD "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot after BSoD "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE": Hi, I got a bluescreen with "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" this morning and haven't been able to boot my laptop since (build version should be 19041.1081 I think?). I woke up the laptop from standby as usual and was greeted by the programs I had last used, but none of my input...
  3. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE BSOD

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE BSOD: Hello, I’ve recently ran into a problem where my computer is stuck in a BSOD loop. The error code is INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, as mentioned in the title. I have tried using an installation media USB and running chkdsk /F, system startup repair, bootrec commands, sfc /scannow...
  4. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hello I need help figuring out why desktop will not boot Power was turned off during upgrade Windows 10 will no longer boot No success with: Startup Repair System Restore System Image Recovery Command Prompt has X:, no C: Command wmic LOGICALDISK LIST BRIEF list D: &...
  5. Windows 10 inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 inaccessible boot device: I need help, so my disk was at 100% usage in the task manager so I followed this tutorial. After I've done everything (except the solution 3,4 and 5) I restarted the PC. It booted, and after a few minutes, it appeared the text "Your PC ran into a problem and it might need...
  6. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hi, My windows 10pc is displaying a blue screen with a stop code inaccessible boot device. I have made several attempts to start the pc in safe mode but it goes back to the blue screen again. I have tried to reset the pc and it goes to 100% but then goes back to the blue...
  7. BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device: Ok, I think I'm in a big doodoo now, really big. The rig is: Windows 10 1803 on an crucial ssd mx250 drive (ahcpi in bios), the latest dec 11 cumulative update was ready to be dowloaded, but has not been installed. Everything was fine, until I foolishly decided to follow...
  8. BSOD inaccessible_boot_device on iAstora.sys

BSOD inaccessible_boot_device on iAstora.sys: Hello guys. I've been encountering this BSOD on startup for some time and I found out that if I turned off the "Fast Boot" option on power options, this will not happen, but my boot-up time is very slow.. I tried reinstalling different versions of the driver but still this...
  9. BSOD on boot: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

BSOD on boot: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: I run Win10 64bit on an AS-Rock Q1900-ITX board as a PVR backend and connect to it via VNC as and when required for maintenance. The system runs largely trouble free. Recently I rebooted and noticed it had not come back up. Connected to a TV I now see it enters a boot loop...
  10. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Windows 10: First off, i accidently analyzed/optimized my SSD and i am fairly certain this was my mistake. i cannot start my computer: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE i cannot start in safe mode, i get the same problem. CHKDSK /F won't run i am trying to avoid formatting, at least not...